Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Swizzles wrote: »
    Das hows lil James doing ?

Top form, he's on his playmat at the moment beating up a lion and an elephant with his tiny baby fists and laughing at their misfortune :)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Bad few days with the heartburn there myself but today was good. We went to the beach this afternoon (I met up with hubby and daughter there after I finished work) and she did her trick from last year of turning a "paddle" into a "swim" ... so still a water baby then! All in all a good day.

All that's bothering me now is that I just knocked a lamp (one I don't even particularly like) onto my delicious new wooden floor that hubby slaved over to lay and the heavy glass square base would appear to have taken a noticeable lump out of the floor. And it's laminate so I can't sand it down. It's a similar feeling to how it must feel to crash or scratch a car that was brand new out of the showroom only last week. 6 months from now this would not have bothered me at all.
    Still though.... as husband says "These are nice problems to have." There are people in the world with real problems, so a little dink on the floor isn't a big deal.

Fierce activity with the bump the last few nights. Stretching and kicking and pushing. 28 weeks next wednesday. Feeling good.:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Enjoy these moments, they go by so fast, making me broody for another one, as soon as I am allowed by the docs...our little angel is above his birthweight now and is sleeping a beautiful sleep...he is wonderful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Fierce activity with the bump the last few nights. Stretching and kicking and pushing. 28 weeks next wednesday. Feeling good.:D

Me too!Its almost like an awakening :D Cant wait for my alien belly soon :P

How is everybody else feeling??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I have my alien bump! I am 33 weeks now give or take two as the hospital can't seem to make up their mind on a actually due date!

It's strange because 3 weeks ago - I was hardly showing and had to stick my bump out to show I was actually pregnant and now I can't get my tops to fit over it!
    I actually cannot wait to get back to normal as I am not a person who actually enjoys or embraces pregnancy - in fact the whole thing seem too alien to me. Anyone else feel like that or is it just me???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Hi Lola
    Like yourself im being crippled with heartburn at first its manageable but believe me it will get much much worse..(Im in the third trimester now)I use remegel which are like rennies just less chalkier(SP:p)There just like chewy sweets .
    I do have gaviscon at home but dont like the taste of it but if needs get bad i will use it .

Das hows lil James doing ?

Hey swizzles, I was managing the first few days but eventually gave in to a box of rennie in the press!!:p They were absolutely mank! I just about choked down two, never again!! Moved on to the gaviscon mixed with OJ(hate the taste) since but its a pain when I'm out so I'll give those remegel a try! Do you find them as good as gaviscon?

I can't figure out how this happenned other than me just taking my eye off the ball but according to my most important calendar at work I am 29 weeks and not 28 tomorrow! Wow! Thats mad!

All good this week. Heartburn has eased thankfully. Hubby had viral stomach bug for the last 4 days and was the most awful patient:rolleyes:. Myself and the gingernut headed off to the beach and shopping etc every chance we got. I got all her summer clothes in Dunnes the other day. Gorgeous stuff for 2yr old girls with a bit of a thing for Peppa Pig. And some new sunglasses of course! I hope we need them this summer.

Puffy ankles are the moan du jour today. Freaks me out. I am just making sure to lie on my left side as much as possible.

On a more positive note I fessed upto the damage I did to the new floor. The wonderful man took it in his stride, got a brown crayon, coloured it in and was thrilled with the result. Love him.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Lola92 I coudn't hack the rennie mint ones, have you tried the fruit ones?
    http://www.boots.com/en/Rennie-Fruit-64-Tablets_1890/
    I found those a lot easier to take.

No leg cramps last two nights :)

The recipe is as follows:
    A glass of orange juice
    A bowl of cornflakes
    A banana

Before bed!

So effectively you are having breakfast before you retire! Am thoroughly delighted and refreshed with the two nights sleep. I do hope it continues.

No moans from me today.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Bloody insomnia :(

Slept for 3 hours now Im wide awake.

Had it a couple of weeks ago and it was torture, really hope it doesnt come back in full force.

/counts sheep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My moan of the day: 10 and a half weeks now!

I have been crying on and off every 30minutes since I got up this morning.:o I'm blaming the hormones?

Started off with a nightmare last night, then there was no cranberry juice left in the fridge, it rained on my clothes, I went to the shop and when I came back I realised I had forgotten the doritos, There was no batteries for the telly remote and lastly I opened the window too wide and can't reach to close it now....:eek:

Please tell me its just the hormones people? I am a right mess!!

On a side note I got out of bed at 4.30am last night because I felt like tinned fruit...I don't even like peaches that much...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have 6 pots of fruit in the fridge that I bought a few weeks ago when I was 10 weeks, wouldn't touch them with a barge pole now....oops.

My cure for everything is BED, lots of BED, I've just had a week off and I felt great but I am dreading the constant tiredness form work next week, especially the late night.

Got a gym ball, been bouncing on it and it's has eases the tinges I had in my back, nearly as good as going swimming, though OH is looking at me with weird eyes as my new big boobs bounce!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

My moan is kidney infections havent slept properly in days literally peaing every 10 mins i went the doc and he confirmed kidney infection and gave me anti biotics! On plus side 22 weeks today!

Think i have a UTI ..Waiting on the results tomorrow :(
    Never had one before.. so kinda dont know what to expect..

Had a fall yesterday :(Im soooo sore after it.Got a really bad leg cramp and tried to walk it off :rolleyes: My leg didnt hold my new found weight..
    Plop goes the preggo lady..Twice!!
    What a fright!!Everything ok now though im just super sore all over !!

Plus side..10 weeks left :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Swizzles your one the count down now with only 10 weeks left!!!!!! Are you just about organised? I had my first random stranger ask me was i pregnant yesterday i was all delighted finally looking like a bump and not just fat!!!!!!! leg cramps not nice at all i remember them from my first pregnancy not looking forward to there return :-(

Im kinda organised lol!
    I have the cot ..Im getting the buggy and moses basket this weekend and have my bag half packed just incase, im physically ready but mentally i keep thinking its ages away..Its not really but becoz time had just flown in im finding it though trying to picture myself as a mammy in a few weeks..Gone are the days when i can just worry about myself lol

Baby is head down now ..Does that mean i will be early or will she turn back again?

Yeaaa A bump belly :D
    I love my bump belly and not a fat belly :D Mine has grown so fast in the last few weeks its practically all purple :(
    How are you feeling elsy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

Think i have a UTI ..Waiting on the results tomorrow :(
    Never had one before.. so kinda dont know what to expect..

Had a fall yesterday :(Im soooo sore after it.Got a really bad leg cramp and tried to walk it off :rolleyes: My leg didnt hold my new found weight..
    Plop goes the preggo lady..Twice!!
    What a fright!!Everything ok now though im just super sore all over !!

Plus side..10 weeks left :D:D

Don't worry - if you have a UTI GP will give you antibiotics and tell you to drink lots of fluids and cranberry juice - no big deal.

ebmma wrote: »
    Don't worry - if you have a UTI GP will give you antibiotics and tell you to drink lots of fluids and cranberry juice - no big deal.

Ohh ok thanks :)
    Sometimes when they dont tell you anything and they expect you to know its scary..
    But doesnt seem too bad thanks :)

Evening Ladies!

10 weeks left yesterday... only got most of my maternity gear out of the attic this week but it is lovely having my comfy maternity trousers for work and my thoroughly unsexy maternity bras! Still haven't taken down the carseat and moses basket and baby clothes.... Might get hubby to do that next week. Started buying my stuff for my hospital bag... I'm gonna be prepared this time. Last time I had one little packet of 8 slim pads with wings (a- ha ha ha, when I think of the innocence and vanity of it!) and one packet of 12 of the thick pads which I thought of as awfully old fashioned and had no intention of using until the slim ones turned out to be useless on day 1 and uncomfortable and I had to send hubby downtown in Limerick at 10 minutes to shop closing to be told by snotty shop assistants in Mothercare that they were closed 10 minutes early.... Wagons!

Last night I got two 48 packs to keep me going. And the bigger and thicker the better! Tonight Im gonna treat myself to some yummy disposables from JoJoMamanBebe cos last time I got lovely ones that fit nicely and had spots and flowers etc. I hate the industrial hospital ones. I also got a couple of newborn soothers (hoping not to need them like last time, but this time I will not be on the net frantically looking for answers at 4am, this time I will be ready!)

I am huge. I waddle like mad. I have 7 weeks left at work and I am now resenting almost every second of it. Unfortunately for me I am self employed so I cant pull any stunts to get off early:( I am sooooooo tired all the time these days and the hearing keeps coming and going in my right ear and hearing myself talk makes me crazy.

My two year old is going through something at the moment but I don't know what... suddenly she is getting very overtired very early every day at creche and refusing her nap. She is much more clingy with everyone but especially me. We have her Dad doing the full bedtime now two nights a week but she is not one bit happy about it yet. I am hoping to make bedtime with Daddy a good experience for her so that when I go to hospital it wont be too big a disruption for her. Her dad works nights so he can only do the two at the moment.

Leg cramps coming and going. Baby is kicking the daylights out of me today but no heartburn or anything else so I am happy. For those of you with UTIs ask your GP if it is ok for you to take cranberry extract CAPSULES instead of the juice itself, as the sugar in the juice can sometimes cancel out the goodness of the cranberry because the bacteria can feed on it in your system... but do check with GP as I am not a medical person and I only know this from years of non-pregnant UTIs myself and I have never had to deal with it (thank goodness!) during either of my pregnancies. I cannot testify as to the safety of cranberry extract capsules during pregnancy. Hope this helps though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

5 weeks left for me! Woohoo! Can't wait for my body to be my own again!

The leg cramps are a killer! I can deal with them when they happen - its the soreness the next day that really bothers me! I already waddle and they make me limp at the same time. I must look like I'm in labour all the time! I've seen people look at me funny when they walk by, like they are afraid the baby is going to drop out or something!

Feeling good this week. Finished work last Friday and to be honest I am just so bored already but I got lots done in preparation for the lil one! My brother is getting married in 2 weeks and I am bridesmaid plus the in laws are due over from France next week too so I'm looking forward to a hectic few weeks.

How is everyone else doing?? Who is next to leave the pregnancy forum??

• Advertisement

Im not that close..Im July 14th.
    Think your the next love2love...I could be wrong though.

Thanks target just waiting on hearing the results back now i rang earlier and they havent got them back but they are trying to get onto the lab now.Im kinda hoping its something becoz my back is really sore and downstairs is like :eek::eek: least then id be able to fix it ..Hopefully:rolleyes:

On the issue of pads ..Whats the best type to get? I was just going to go with sanitary towels tbh but now i think i should get the proper type..Also how many will i need??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

You'll need a good few packets swizzles, maybe 2 maternity ones (you can buy the green ones in a chemist, mothercare or Tesco) and maybe heavy flow nighttime towels, maybe 2 or 3 packs to start you off.

Ive 12 weeks left, all bags packed (had an early baby the last time), have everything except baby monitors and bottles.

Does anyone know how many bottles I need (its been 6 years since I bought newborn bottles) - Im planning on breastfeeding, but for water and stuff. Maybe 6 or so?

I got steriod shots yesterday, feel like absolute crap today, and resemble the mitchelin man with all the swelling. Had to go to hospital today because of it and other symptoms, feel absolutly wrecked, and hated being told "its a side effect" when I only rang to see if it was a side effect, so instead of them just telling my on the phone I had to endure a 3 hour wait in casualty. Feel like I spend half my time in that place lately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Think I must be next so, 2 and 1/2 weeks left though I highly doubt I'll go on time. Can't wait not to have to waddle all the time but at the same time am fairly sh*tless about the pain. Ye have me worried now, i just bought the heaviest overnight always pads, should I get more?

How's this for a laugh - OH is away on a stag this weekend. I rang him from work to see if he'd got away ok and in the course of the conversation he mentioned that his overnight bag was manky when he went to pack it. When I asked him what he brought with him, he replied with "oh, I just lifted that bag of yours that was lying in the spare room". My fecking hospital bag! He has gone on the piss for the weekend with my hospital bag:eek: I'll be able to slag him about this until the child is 10:D

Thats hysterical Dee! Did he take the contents with him too?:D
    About the pads, Mothercare.ie do a bulk pack (48) of the good thick ones with the sticky on them to stick on. I got two bulk packs. I needed them for 6 weeks last time and I was shocked to find out about it cos I hadn't read about it anywhere. I mean I assumed there would be some bloodloss for a couple of days.. but 6 weeks?!

Please don't be scared of the pain. It's nothing you wont be able to handle. When people ask me I say it's the most amazing thing how your body adapts over the last few weeks and days to get ready. My little one had shoulder distocia (sic) and got herself jammed in there goodo, and the midwives had special tricks to try to get her out before resorting to anything more high risk like vaccum or foreceps (she needed a little vaccum in the end but she was fine and didn't even have any bruising or bump on her head cos they moved so fast!). But I distinctly remember the most vivid image of stopping in the middle of one of these manoevers and seeing that, actually my knees were almost behind my head!!!!!:eek: I was so incredibly limber because your whole body softens up in preparation for whatever has to happen for the baby to be born. And the pain is grand. This is what we were engineered to do. We are perfectly adapted to do it. It's just one day, a tiring but very rewarding one. I really am looking forward to it this time and I am not the slightest bit nervous. I believe that a positive and natural attitude to the birthing process really does affect how you experience it. Saying that my only worry is that so many friends second babies seem to slither or pop out in worryingly short labours. And I am 90 minutes from the hospital min Limerick!:eek: One friends baby was crowning in the car half way there. Thats my only worry really. I will be hanging around Limerick alot when it comes closer to the day. And hubby bans me from all trips that take me any distance further away in a different direction from the hospital for two weeks before the due date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Tried to stifle the laugh and asked him was there anything in the bag. "One or two things, I just f*cked them out of it". Men:rolleyes:

I thought the heavy bleeding would be for a week or so and then like a period, 6 weeks:eek: Did you have stitches or tears?

Thanks for the reassurance, it's becoming a bit of a mantra these days for me, reminding myself that we were designed to do this. Hopefully, I'll remember that when it's all happening!

I had lengthy negotiations with the consultant about her policy on episiotimies because the idea of it terrified me more than the birth... So she reassured me that her policy was to not do an epi unless it looked like a tear was imminent and then only to prevent something worse from occurring and then only with local anasthetic and the minimum of cut and stitch. So I was about to tear and baby was stuck and needed a bit of a pull out with vaccum and a bit of manoevering so she asked my permission and I gave her the go ahead. It was grand. nothing like I had imagined at all. The stitches were more nerve wracking in terms of being afraid of peeing on them (no-it doesn't sting!), in terms of the fear of them getting infected (sports bottle full of warm water and tea tree solution used after each visit to the loo keeps everything all healthy) and the big fear - the fear of tearing or bursting them. They were a little uncomfortable to sit on for the first week or so but I had given up on breastfeeding by then so my breastfeeding pillow went under me instead and did a lovely job!:D

Apprehension about first time back in the saddle was unwarranted too. Although this may sound exceptionally crude... I will pass on some very well kept secret type info here. My sister gave me this advice and I laughed at the image but when my turn came I plucked up the courage and threw caution to the wind and asked. If you do get an epi and need stitches.... ask them to put you back the way they found you or even better if they can, if you get my gist!;) My consultant was howling laughing but said no problem, actually it's a good time and it is possible, and it saves about €15,000 getting it done cosmetically! :eek: There you go now! You'll almost be hoping for an epi now!!!:D:D:D

Oh and one more thing for the hospital bag which you can use when you get home too..... Arnica tablets... My consultant recommend them to reduce internal bruising and they worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

After reading the preg book form cover to cover, it's the Epi that stood out as my biggest fear so far. Good to know that the consultant took on board your request to atleast be asked before they just went ahead.

I sort of get gist your last paragraph, I have heard of people looking at getting some sort of job done years after an epi, so that must be why. Still, I'd like to know apart from perinanal massaging i( sounds like awaste of time) f it is at all possible to avoid an epi.

About the pads, Mothercare.ie do a bulk pack (48) of the good thick ones with the sticky on them to stick on. I got two bulk packs. I needed them for 6 weeks last time and I was shocked to find out about it cos I hadn't read about it anywhere. I mean I assumed there would be some bloodloss for a couple of days.. but 6 weeks?!
    QUOTE]

Thanks Target...I hadnt a clue what to expect..Comfort over fashion constantly springs to mind in pregnancy :D:D

9 weeks tomorrow and my moan in HURRY UP!!And baby brain..I dont like baby brain..Or do i i cant remember :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 houseman

2 weeks & 4 days left to go for me !!

Its not a moan but, the hospital bag! I feel like im packing for a weekend away sometimes :) had to remind myself not to pack the good undies and jammies.

How many of the baby bits do i need? as in, vests, baby gro's etc?
    At the mo i've about 5 of each and in a range of sizes (some under 7lb and some over 7lb)

Do i need to bring nappies and formula etc? Or do the hosp supply them?
    Lastly, any recommendations on formula? Cow and gate, aptimil, SMA, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 76 ✭✭Grandadsbear

If I could butt in for a rant...as a 1st timer who is just over 30weeks and hasn't got A CLUE!!! My poor bear cub, really doesn't know what s/he is letting it's self in for arriving in our house :(

I would be REALLY grateful if someone could some one please point me in the direction of a Baby Check List... I know I need a car seat to get home but I would really appreciate a check list of some sort to get us started. (I know I don't want a moses basket...)

Went shopping over the weekend...well I say shopping...came home with nothing but kinda got a abit over whelmed looking at every thing... maybe over whelmed is the wrong word cause I know we need stuff but what is with the shops only having PINK or BLUE!!! What about yellow/Mint Green neutral colours, instead of white for those of us that don't know the sex of our cubs and hope to have a second cub and re-use the items :mad:

Thanks

Advertisement