Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

hacked wrote: »
    Lazyness is ok at this stage! Take it easy while you can my love, you'll need your energy! :)

Ah its just silly little things like straighten my hair, fill out forms, learn how to use sterliser. Nothing crazy just hate seeing another day wasted.

Just looked at ur Isabelle photo's ah she's such a cutie. So big aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

hehe yeah that one was a close up! She's big enough but not too huge...just has the most adorable chubby cheeks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

She's gorgeous :D I'm in love already, can't wait to meet her and get a cuddle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

OMG... Isobel is so adorable!!!! She is so cute!!!! Am so jealous..
    Just made me more impatient..cant wait to meet our little one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Aw bless Hacked! She's a cutie!

Just wish I wasn't pregnant anymore! I hate it! Still have another 10 weeks to go and it seems so far away! Tiredness has come back with a bang and I never seem to get enough sleep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Isabel is a little puddin Hacked. Hope you are enjoying her.

My moan is that I have had a heavy headcold/flu for over a week now and I am wrecked from it. I am off for a few days from Thursday evening and I plan on plenty of rest. Hearing coming and going, sinus infection and constant headache. On the plus side the SPD is really improved lately.:D

My moan today is i'm 40+1 weeks not years even tho its feels like that lol

For some reason my thighs are killing me????? No idea why! Weather is also miserable to can't even go for little walk :(

Hoping baby will come but no signs of anything happening

only me again lol. Still here :(

My moan for this evening is....rip of bloody Ireland. Went to my local chemist today to get my galfer iron tablets and was looking at the price of the packet before I went as had load of change and wanted to get rid of it. The price last month was 2.59 went down today and was shocked to see the price had gone up to 6.99. Like hello seriously thats more then doubled. I was like feck am I paying that. Walked up to the other chemist 5 doors up and it was 2.29. Just shows u, you constantly have to keep a eye on the price of everything.

Hi bulmersgal,

am still here too :( Went for long walk today.. seriously way too long.. my OH took me for 5km walk.. nearly dropped couple of times but got home alright. Never again though! :D
    Ever since I am getting those pains in my lower back and my lower bump but nothing as such happening so I guess I just simply overdone the walking..
    Am due tomorrow.. help.. I really dont want to have to go for another one of those mad walks.. It was painfull! :o

oh my god i was the same walked down to village and back only half hour waddle but when i came back i kept getting cramps in lower back and bottom of my bump. Was kinda thinking to myself hopefully this might be the start so been on my exercise ball since and walked up and down stairs a good few times. But nothing else is happening. Maybe in the middle of nite something might happen for both of us.

But jesus 5k fair play to u, might have to get out walking more 2mo. Will try anything at this stage. Read in a book tweaking your nipples can bring it on but it also said u have to do it for several hours

• Advertisement

Ah will you stop.. I seriously thought I will pass out plus of course I needed to go pee less then half way through ha ha. It just was not plaesant at all :mad:
    Oh thought it was great and kept telling me.. come on this is what you need to bring it on.. so simple for him to say...I wish I could pass on the bump to him at this stage so he can try for himself how much fun it has been :D
    Baby is moving now and the pains are coming and going but for some reason I dont think this is it :confused:

I'm still here so don't think it was anything happening. Getting annoyed now with all the text msgs the minute i fall asleep asking is baby here yet. Worse was from his mother reminding me I was due yesterday. Like what the f**k as if i had forgotten! lol all I could do was laugh

bulmersgal wrote: »
    I'm still here so don't think it was anything happening. Getting annoyed now with all the text msgs the minute i fall asleep asking is baby here yet. Worse was from his mother reminding me I was due yesterday. Like what the f**k as if i had forgotten! lol all I could do was laugh

Well.. am still here too.. my due date today.. nothing happening only have a bit of pain in my lower back and under my bump but its not coming and going so i guess its nothing again..
    With the txts.. i get them too for last week and I am only due today!!! His parents are ringing twice a day looking for the baby ...I had to tell them not to do so as it only make me more consious that I was suppose to pop already.. they keep going though so have no choice but not to answer the calls.. how annoying :mad:
    Obviously if the baby comes I will be letting know to the whole world so WTF..
    My parents are really good on the other side.. they just wait till i txt or call in case they desturbed me when I am sleeping or taking my naps ha ha.. I really love them more yet for being so good.. and its their first grand child so they are the once they could be really excited :)

Ahhh i'm 5 days over now, still getting bloody discharge from sweep on weds. I got a clear blob of discharge last night so I reckon thats my plug but again this morning I got more bloody discharge. I no its prob a good sign but its disgusting.

I've only at most another 5 days left before I get induced but would love to go myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

This really needs to be brought back to life again :D
    My moan of the day ..I think i have an abcess..Which on normal terms is icky but i usually have to get a second dose of anti biotics so i duno will the doc give me them..Eating loads of vitamins to try and get rid of it naturally though..

Oh and extremely bad pains in my Pubic bone..Target i remember you saying that you had spd..(Correct me if im wrong)But does yours come and go or is it constant?Mine comes and goes but when it comes it really hurts:o

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Hi All!

Sorry I haven't been in in a while. we were reflooring the livingroom and all my internet stuff was disconnected to allow hubby to get on with it unfettered! We now have a lovely wooden floor that is much easier to keep than the (lovely when we were childless) cream wool carpet we used to have. I got sick of spending my weekends scrubbing it clean.

So about the SPD Swizzles. Yes mine tends to come and go a bit too, I find depending on how careful I have been in my posture when standing and sleeping etc. Generally I try to keep both knees pinned together as much as is possible and if I am standing I try to keep my feet close together. I avoid heavy shopping trolleys, using the lawnmower (Killer!), and anything else that involves long strides and pushing motions. If I am careful about this I find it easy enough to manage. When trying on clothes in shops I ask for a stool or chair in the changing room so that I can sit when trying on trousers, standing to do this can be agony.

I'm quite good myself at the moment. 27 weeks tomorrow. Had scan and check up last week and bloods etc and all is well. Baba is about 14 inches and doing fine. Thinking of getting a 3d scan done for the craic... anyone had one done at this stage and would ye recommend it... had a look at some of the sites and their photo galleries and was wondering... how do you know they don't have the same two or three photos they just give to everyone and charge €200 for them?! I mean, they all look pretty similar to me :):D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I'm quite good myself at the moment. 27 weeks tomorrow. Had scan and check up last week and bloods etc and all is well. Baba is about 14 inches and doing fine. Thinking of getting a 3d scan done for the craic... anyone had one done at this stage and would ye recommend it... had a look at some of the sites and their photo galleries and was wondering... how do you know they don't have the same two or three photos they just give to everyone and charge €200 for them?! I mean, they all look pretty similar to me :):D
    I got it done at 26 weeks and my lovely son has been born since - I must say that I was cynical before we got it done but it proved to be very accurate, even if he is far cuter in real life...his chin is destinctive, his fingers, nose...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Yay, had almost forgot to moan!

35 weeks tomorrow and my moan is in the same direction as yours Swizzles. For the last 2 months I've felt aches on my inner thighs like I've been horse-riding (I'd imagine - wouldn't know one end of a horse from another) for hours. Turning over in bed, lifting one leg and getting up from sitting are really painful. Is this SPD?:confused: It's sore, sometimes painful, but doesn't sound like what other people are suffering and I hate feeling like a hypochondriac. Damn body letting me down! It's like preparation for old age!

Oh, and raspberry leaf tea is not as nice as it sounded at all:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Terpsichore

Big need to moan about heart burns. Never had them before. Hate them. Big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Constant nausea and sickness now gone so back to work for me. God, its hard! The walk to the luas and then the walk from the luas to work and vice versa is killing me. All that sitting on my bum being ill has killed any level of fitness I had. I'm finding it hard to keep my eyes open after lunch and my back is killing me sitting at my desk. But I'm 20+5 today so just need to celebrate the fact that I'm half way there :D

Had scan on Monday. All ok with the baby and we found out its a girl! We were absolutely convinced it would be another boy as they run in OH's family so I'm really delighted as we are only planning to have two.

Scan showed that I have a low lying placenta so have to have another scan at 34 weeks to see if it has improved. I really should stay away from google when I get told these things. Between that, my Strep B infection and the fact that I am Rhesus Negative, I have been giving myself heart attacks when I look them up on google!

• Advertisement

Hi Vel
    Congrats on getting half way :D
    When i had a scan at 19 weeks they told me i had a low lying placenta aswell so i thinks its pretty normal for it to be low at that time..And if not normal then not a worry unless it hasnt moved by the next scan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Hi girls,
    No moan from me i'm 20 weeks tomorrow so feeling all chuffed i'm half way there. vel were pretty close on due dates nice to know someone due near me in here. I have my big scan next week can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Oooh my first moan!!:D

Nausea and morning sickness (ALL THE TIME) is really getting to me.

Also have had the worst acid heartburn type thing the last 2 days...any recommendations for natural remedies that work? So far Ive tried ice cold milk and olive oil(separately!:p), the throat is still on fire though! I'm trying to steer clear of the Gaviscon etc.

Thanks Ladies!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lola92 wrote: »
    Oooh my first moan!!:D

Nausea and morning sickness (ALL THE TIME) is really getting to me.

Also have had the worst acid heartburn type thing the last 2 days...any recommendations for natural remedies that work? So far Ive tried ice cold milk and olive oil(separately!:p), the throat is still on fire though! I'm trying to steer clear of the Gaviscon etc.

Thanks Ladies!

Any reason for avoiding the Gaviscon, Rennee option? It's perfectly safe in Pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Any reason for avoiding the Gaviscon, Rennee option? It's perfectly safe in Pregnancy.

Hi Das Kitty, nothing to do with baby I just generally prefer homeopathic remedies where I can find them, Will take it if it comes to that but I was just wondering had anyone come across an effective alternative really!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 houseman

Fair play lola - once i started on the gavisgon though, I was hooked (not literally). It works straight away nearly so if i was you, Id go for it and get rid of the burn.

My moan today is what the book calls "rib tickling". Whoever made that name obviously never got a foot in the ribs for about 3 or 4 hours. It hurts like hell..and when I tell people about it, they just say "aww isnt that cute". Eh.. no :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lola92 wrote: »
    Hi Das Kitty, nothing to do with baby I just generally prefer homeopathic remedies where I can find them, Will take it if it comes to that but I was just wondering had anyone come across an effective alternative really!

Havent a clue about homeopathic alternatives but it works really well and you can take buckets with no side effects (I've tested this theory!). If you have heartburn now it'll probably be a complete mare in the third trimester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Galivscon was the only thing which worked for me and I tried as many of the herbal and alterantives that I felt comfortable doing so.
    I had 3 bottles of the stuff on the go at any one time, one by the bed, one in my bag and one in the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

i had heartburn/indigestion for most of my last pregnancy.. so much so i couldn't eat and it made me so sick for the last 4 weeks of it. my throat was burning and would swell up and get sore..lost lots of weight

i tried the gavisgon for a good while but had to switch to rennies.. didn't really relieve it for long though i'd get about an hours relief it was disgusting..the doc was going to give me tablets for ulcers (can't remember the name) but they were coated in lactose and i'm intolerant..:rolleyes: typical

i remember on christmas eve (my due date) walking around supervalu retching with heartburn..it was muck:eek: i had packets of rennie all over the house:D still finding them in really obscure places:D don't miss it!!!
    don't let it get too bad before you try the conventional, you don't get any credit for suffering;)

• Advertisement

Hi Lola
    Like yourself im being crippled with heartburn at first its manageable but believe me it will get much much worse..(Im in the third trimester now)I use remegel which are like rennies just less chalkier(SP:p)There just like chewy sweets .
    I do have gaviscon at home but dont like the taste of it but if needs get bad i will use it .

Das hows lil James doing ?

Advertisement