Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Hey hacked.. it's the longest time those few days after your due date, i had 13 of them!:eek::D
    Haven't seen you in here today yet so hopefully that means you're huffing and puffing your way through labour.. keep us updated (like we could stop you:D) good luck;)

Just seen on facebook you have a baby girl.. CONGRATULATIONS....AT LAST :D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

Congrats hacked :D

Absolutely thrilled for you. Hope it wasn't too bad. Can't wait to see pictures :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Shane, myself and our unborn son are sending good wishes to Hacked, have been thinking about he and her daughter all weekend.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

finally!
    I can't wait to see pictures of Isobel:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Congrats hacked!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

hackeds little baby girl finally arrived this morning at 10.45am weighing a very healthy 8lb9oz! Mother and baby are doing great, hacked is very tired though :) as above, she name her Isobel!

hackeds little baby girl finally arrived this morning at 10.45am weighing a very healthy 8lb9oz! Mother and baby are doing great, hacked is very tired though :) as above, she name her Isobel!
    That is a really healthy weight and love the name. Please send
    her and Isobel my love.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

ah delighted for her. Lovely name and a great weight

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Yay! Delighted for Hacked at the safe arrival of the well baked Isabel! Sending love to ye both for a beautiful babymoon! xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

CathyMoran wrote: »
    That is a really healthy weight and love the name. Please send
    her and Isobel my love.

And believe it or not, she told me on the phone earlier that she was told Isobel would be "in or around 6lbs" and she was 2lbs over that!!

• Advertisement

And believe it or not, she told me on the phone earlier that she was told Isobel would be "in or around 6lbs" and she was 2lbs over that!!
    I remember her saying that, it gives Shane and I great hope that our little one may be heavier too...he is predicted at 5 but if he was bigger we would be delighted.

yea i remember her saying that as well, makes me a little scared as I got told my baby be roughly 7 and 3/4 lbs. i DONT want them to me 2lbs out. But sure once baby healthy I won't care.

In bit of pain the past few days, since friday every time I walk for more then 10 min i get these horrible shooting pains where the baby lies and in my hips and thighs. The book said its the baby lying on my sciatica nerve. Has me terrified of what labour pain feels like as these pains are so sore. Feeling off as well, no energy and very restless.

From my dating scans baby is due 22nd,23rd and 26th of this month but doc left my date at the 28th as I was bit unsure of my period dates. So hoping I go soon but not getting my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

bulmersgal, just to help you if I can, the labour pains are alot like period pain really. I have had sciatica on and off this time and last and Id do labour any day. And don't forget that when you are in labour, your body will be all geared up to do the job, whereas now every little thing aches and hurts so much more. You will be excited and energised when the big day comes. Come at it with a positive frame of mind and you will be perfectly able to do the whole thing. It's what we were made for!

On a moany note, it was my birthday today. Usually everyone forgets/neglects it and surprisingly loads of people facebooked and texted and rang. Only afterwards did I find out that hubby had virtually threatened them into it. I felt a bit upset and cheated about it. Only two people he hadn't contacted made the effort (which is still two more than usual :)

And I only wanted one thing... shepherds pie for dinner. And he left his auld cow of a mother who hates me manipulate the situation so that he didn't have a chance to make it and ended up getting me a takeaway (which I really didn't want).... and then to add insult to injury, the takeaway gave him the wrong order (we live 10 miles away!) and it was something I just couldn't stomach. So I had chips and curry sauce for my dinner instead of my lovely shepherds pie and I am feeling very sorry for myself. But my lovely little puddin sang happy birthday to me and blew my candles out about twenty times (and covered the cake which I ordered for myself in spit in the process). And if it hadn't been for her I would have gone to bed and snuffled into my pillow hours ago. We got a new glider chair for her bedroom a few weeks ago and I gave her extra long cuddles and storytime tonight and she was so happy going into her cot. The little one in my belly is fierce active tonight too. I can't wait to meet him/her. I can see how your children can keep you going.

I know what you mean about the birthday (happy birthday by the way)...turned 36 yesterday and while my wonderful husband tried his best we were in the hospital for the morning, was too uncomfy to go for lunch and too tired...hubby is promising me that we will celebrate properly when our baby is with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Aw poor Cathy and Target Widow!! Happy Birthday, belated to you both!!!
    Sometimes you have to treat yourself, if you expect someone else to do it for you, you can feel left down.
    BTW was off the computer over the weekend and missed all Hackeds exciting news, so glad all worked out ok in the end for her:p

Shane was wonderful though...feel guilty that we did not have our usual day together...my daddys birthday today is also being overshaddowed by our son (we always have a big joint birthday)...thing is, baby is more important.

Shane just going to work, he checked baby as usual but 5 minutes later came back as he had not kissed me...is it any wonder I totally love him.

Shane sounds like one of the sweetest guys ever. Must say my fella has been good to me also!!:D

Cathy so glad baby still hanging on. Were you saying 2nd is the latest they'll leave you?

fi1979 wrote: »
    Shane sounds like one of the sweetest guys ever. Must say my fella has been good to me also!!:D

Cathy so glad baby still hanging on. Were you saying 2nd is the latest they'll leave you?
    That is what we were told but it depends on what happens with our baby, the blood flow to him is not as good as it should but he is very small for his age so they have to balance it...he is being checked again tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Cathy / Shane
    Delighted the wee man is holding on another bit..!Is plain to see hes loved so much by his doting family :)

Ive felt the kicks when my hand was on my tummy ..There so strong yet so tiny at the same time ..Of course daddy is quite odd she has decided to do it while he is gone away for the week :rolleyes:

Had a little cry for myself last night watching one born every minute..Little Izzie was soooo small but was so brave :(

The kicks are wonderful, will miss them when he comes out. Your husband will love them, mine does...he kicks my hubby in bed at night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

bulmersgal, just to help you if I can, the labour pains are alot like period pain really. I have had sciatica on and off this time and last and Id do labour any day. And don't forget that when you are in labour, your body will be all geared up to do the job, whereas now every little thing aches and hurts so much more. You will be excited and energised when the big day comes. Come at it with a positive frame of mind and you will be perfectly able to do the whole thing. It's what we were made for!

On a moany note, it was my birthday today. Usually everyone forgets/neglects it and surprisingly loads of people facebooked and texted and rang. Only afterwards did I find out that hubby had virtually threatened them into it. I felt a bit upset and cheated about it. Only two people he hadn't contacted made the effort (which is still two more than usual :)

And I only wanted one thing... shepherds pie for dinner. And he left his auld cow of a mother who hates me manipulate the situation so that he didn't have a chance to make it and ended up getting me a takeaway (which I really didn't want).... and then to add insult to injury, the takeaway gave him the wrong order (we live 10 miles away!) and it was something I just couldn't stomach. So I had chips and curry sauce for my dinner instead of my lovely shepherds pie and I am feeling very sorry for myself. But my lovely little puddin sang happy birthday to me and blew my candles out about twenty times (and covered the cake which I ordered for myself in spit in the process). And if it hadn't been for her I would have gone to bed and snuffled into my pillow hours ago. We got a new glider chair for her bedroom a few weeks ago and I gave her extra long cuddles and storytime tonight and she was so happy going into her cot. The little one in my belly is fierce active tonight too. I can't wait to meet him/her. I can see how your children can keep you going.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TARGET WIDOW*holding a wobbly note*
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU:D

I know just how you feel, mine was at the start of the month, my husband came home with a lovely black forest gateaux, saying 'i know you can't eat this so i got one you can,' it was a pavlova...with lashings of cream...i'm lactose intolerant.. i made lunch, later he wasn't hungry so we didn't get the donimos pizza's i was looking forward to for ages and he forgot to put bens name on the card..:mad: But i did get a night out.. in june!!!:rolleyes:
    I'm not having any more birthdays... but the kids do make it more special:D

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Swizles -- I know, Izzie had me in bits too!

Thanks so much for all the well wishes guys! Isobel was finally born sunday morning!!

Contractions eased off after my last post here, and I almost had a fit. It had been going on for three days and I was so tired. My mom stayed in the bedroom with me as she was convinced I would be in labour by 11 that night. I was. I did most of the labouring at home as I really wanted to avoid Unit 3!

We got in to holles street for about 1 am and I wsa told that I was not considered in labour yet. An hour later I was and thye broke my waters. I had the gas and air for a while...really didn't like it, but my mother was forcing it down my throat! Got the epidural right as contractions began to get out f control.

They were talking me through cesarean as baby seemed to be getting quite distressed, her heart rate dropped down as low as 70 sometimes! Thank god she was fine and I was able to have a natural delivery.
    I pushed her out in an incredible 15 minutes....massive shock for me! All of a sudden there was this head sticking out, and then this garantuan (sp?) baby on the table!! Couldn't beleive the size of her.
    Adrieanne will tell you...i am a tiny person, so this resulted in a rather large episiotomy. Still so sore!!

She's amazing. Will have to post pics soon :)

ah thanks thats good to no, was really positive about labour till I got those pains think they scared me more then anything. Its a scary but exciting time :D

Happy belated birthday to you and Cathy.

P.s there is nothing worse then craving one dinner and gettin another, doesn't matter how nice the other dinner was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Hacked delighted you had your lil girl :)
    You know when you jus hear about a horrible labour and get this creepy feeling that its going to happen to you aswell ..Well reading your story has given me that feeling :o:o
    Cant wait to see pics :D

My madam is due 8 days before my bday and all i keep thinking is i hope she doesnt arrive on my bday ..I WANT CAKE!!!:D:D

Swizzles wrote: »
    Hacked delighted you had your lil girl :)
    You know when you jus hear about a horrible labour and get this creepy feeling that its going to happen to you aswell ..Well reading your story has given me that feeling :o:o
    Cant wait to see pics :D

Ah i'm sorry hon!

All I can say is DON'T worry. Honestly, labour isn't that bad....and you literally forget all about it straight after you spend the first few hours with your gorgeous little person!
    Sure you all know how much i hated a lot of my pregnancy etc...and even now all I can think is...I totally want another one!
    I wouldn't change my labour and delivery for the world, it might have not been what was expected, but pushing out your baby naturally is the most amazing feeling in the world. You'll be fine. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

hacked wrote: »
    Ah i'm sorry hon!

All I can say is DON'T worry. Honestly, labour isn't that bad....and you literally forget all about it straight after you spend the first few hours with your gorgeous little person!
    Sure you all know how much i hated a lot of my pregnancy etc...and even now all I can think is...I totally want another one!
    I wouldn't change my labour and delivery for the world, it might have not been what was expected, but pushing out your baby naturally is the most amazing feeling in the world. You'll be fine. :)

hey hacked, congrats!!!
    i'm so so glad you had a positive experience... my little boy is a month on saturday but i still think of the day he was born as the worst day of my life ...and whenever I look at him I feel only guilt and/or sadness :(
    i know i should just be happy that he's here and healthy, but hey..that's just the way it is.

Todays moan, HEARTBURN!!! I've never had it so bad:(

Todays moan.... Tiredness or should I call it lazyness ummmm

Seriously all week long i've been really lazy, the minute I wake up I feel drained. So today i'm trying to resolve this, I've written a list of all the things I would like to do today and it seems to be working for me alright. Some of the things are silly but some i've been putting off for weeks like filling out forms and learning how to use baby equipement. Clueless 1st timer here. Half way thru the list now but think its my best idea so far as I haven't gotten a chance to sit around being bored wishing baby would come.

Can I complain about back ache tho, never really got it at all during my preg only sometimes but a cushion behind my back usually got rid of it but last 2 days its been very sore.

On a good note, the hosp told me yest they'd only let me go 10days over so that means this day 2 weeks they will be inducing me if I don't go myself :D

Lazyness is ok at this stage! Take it easy while you can my love, you'll need your energy! :)

• Advertisement

Ok...finally got some pics up! Unfortunately we didn't have time to get my camera, so they are phone pics...not the best quality.

Here is Isobel

Advertisement