Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

bulmersgal wrote: »
    oh that would be great. Going to see if there any of those le leche classes near me hopefully I will be able to go to one b4 baby comes.

cool, just pm me your email.

I wanted to make a post out of it, but I don't know how to put pictures in it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

oh that would be great ebmma. Just trying to find out as much info as I can, as know I prob won't get a minute once baby comes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Have just found out I have tested positive for Strep B. Although, happy it has been picked up, I am a real worrier and having read a bit on it I'm extremely upset. I can't imagine how I'll enjoy the rest of my pregnancy knowing about this :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Don't stress! It's better you know now. Sure, you might not even have it by the time labour rolls around. And now that you have tested positive, they will have you on IV antibiotics during labour, so your little one should be fine!

I would give your midwife a call to have a chat about it. She can answer all your questions and hopefully put your mind at ease.

I am so so tired!!!! Really sore back and crampy today...but hell, I've been saying that for days now. I just want this to be over! I really did not want to have to go into my hospital appointment tomorrow. It takes so much out of me...I just want to cry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Vel ,Not too sure what Step B is but hope it will all be sorted before the baby comes.:)

Hacked..Think of it this way ..They will probably do a sweep on you tomorrow and that might start something if your already kinda feeling crampy already :)

My moan ..Emotions!And my sore back :(
    Hacked i really should have taken your advise and taken it easy :rolleyes: Ill never learn!!

• Advertisement

Yep, will definately be getting the sweep tomorrow. I'm just really scared of being induced, I should stop thiking about it and putting so much pressure on myself! It's hardly like I can coach myself into this!! hehe

Swizzles -- Oh it's so hard to rest, I know! Best thing you can do is tell everyone around you to force you to take it easy. Thats the only time I don't do much (besides these last few days!) is when my friends won't let me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey Moany Pregnant ladies!!

I am just havin a moan! I'm usually just a silent fan of the pregnant womans moan thread but today I need to vent! SORRY!!

I am 30 weeks 5 days and feel so unbelieveably pregnant right now! I am a moany bitch, my body aches, my pelvic bone, my ribs and my sides are killing me, I'm tired and cranky!!
    Its been a really busy day in work :( i know I am lucky to have a job but it doesnt make it any easier!! Plus the fact that Myself and another person are picking up the slack from another 2 people who are just not pulling their weight!

My partner is really great but I really dont think he understands just how hard being pregnant can be and I know he thinks I am just moaning for the sake of it sometimes, I dont think it has sunk in how far along I am in the pregnancy and he expects me to still feel and act the exact same way I did before I was pregnant but obviously I am more emotional and physically drained etc. I try and be upbeat all the time but I cant and he doesnt seem to understand my need for a proper rest even though I tell him all the time.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry I just feel so pent up today :(

thanks for creating this thread :)

hope everyone is feeling good xx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Hacked, I can't believe you're still here you poor thing. Hope all goes well with the sweep tomorrow. The only advice I can give is to try your best to be as relaxed as possible, to increase your chances of things starting by themselves.

My moan? The bloody tiredness is back with a vengeance and worse than the first trimester. All I want to do is sleep and I'm only 31 weeks, beginning to feel that there aren't enough hours in the day....

All I can say is Holles Street is a terrible hospital. You can never tell what to expect because every doctor makes up his or her own rules. Some of the things that have been done to me are quite attrocious, but I have ruled against sharing because I do not want to scare other mums!!

Appointment today was awful. The doctor, as I predicted, contradicted everything the doctor told me last week. Surprise, surprise. I'd die of shock if they agreed with each for once!!!
    It was a complete waist of time. The doctor did not measure me, or even check fetal heart, so my baby could be in distress for all the ****ers know and i've been sent on my merry way.
    All he did was tell me that under no circumstances would he give me the sweep, as they "don't do those in Holles Street"....load of crap anyone?? I know plenty of people who've had them!!
    I was then sent on my merry way. (Or not so merry)

I got an internal...that was it. I'm sorry, but how can you tell a thing about my baby's health from that?! Apparently my cervix was "short, midcavity" but he can't see the baby coming in the next day or two. HOPEFULLY by this day next week. ****ing hell!!!!!

The doctor last week told me he wanted to scan me this thursday...so in 2 days. Doctor today said that was silly and hasn't booked a scan for me until NEXT tuesday....and that was with my mom fighting him. He was going ot leave it longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

hacked i'm not surprised you're p!ssed off.. they should have listened to the baby's heartbeat that's a must for every visit??? WTF they at?? how many days are you over now?? i went 13, i was an hour and 10 mins off the full 14 and it was the longest 13 days of my life,, i know its hard and everyone is telling you but the only thing you can do is relax, have lots of baths and pamper yourself. have you gotten the texts and phonecalls yet?? did you have the baby.. any sign yet?? are you still here.. they used to drive me mad!! :D
    on my 7th day over they scanned me put me on the fetal monitor for 20 mins did an internal and a sweep and gave me a date for induction which was for day 14 overdue..he made it just in time;)
    not long now ;)
    you will miss the peace and quiet..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I know, I can honestly say Holles Street's care for me personally has been awful. I don't trust them as each doctor contradicts the last....makking them all look like jack asses.

I'm just in a lot of pain, which they have never seemed to care about. Without going into the details of it, I have some "extra considerations" in the way of health issues, and they have blown them off completely. Like the midwives made a huge deal of it a few weeks back, making sure I had seen the right doctors. But the consultants pretty much couldn't care less, and couldn't care less about discussing it with me or even trying to make me feel somewhat comftorable about it. Therefore making me incredibly UNCOMFTORABLE attending their hospital to actually have my child, but I don't have much of a choice now.

Oh god yeah!! What's even worse is ive been getting the texts like, up to 3 weeks before i was even due!! I woke up this morning and realised i have no plans for Patrick's Day because I've been avoiding everyone the last week or so. And people are so stupid. All the friends i had who were due 2 - 4 weeks after me have all HAD their babies as of yesterday, and i was supposed to have mine first....and somehow friends deem it appropriate to get in touch and tell me?! Sure if they havent told me themselves why do you want to be the one to make me discouraged?!?!

Blah, sorry for the moaning! I found out the other night that my mom has been having some trouble with her heart after she had to go for a quick trip to emergency room, and it's been making me slightly more crazy since then!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Hacked, thats terrible that you're having such a hard time of it, and getting mixed info from different docs is ridiculous!! Try not to get too stressed over it, can't be good for you or baby!
    Sorry to hear about your Mum, hope she's feeling better today.

Have just spent that last 2 hours trying to find a source of mattresses. We got a moses basket and cot from by brother back in Jan, and sent away the mattresses so new ones could be made up. Don't want to use old ones for H&S reasons. Found out last week (after about 6 wks) that they're still not ready and told them to cancel the order. less than 2 wks to due date and no bloody moses basket ready, ridiculous, particularly when we though this was all sorted.

Found the right size moses basket one in Guineys, but they don't seem to do our size cot mattress, so looks like I'll have to hot foot it all round town tmw to get this sorted. and typical we go looking into it on a bank holiday so we can't ring anywhere to check it out properly. Seriously frustrating...:mad:

hey fi, where did the cot come from? Or what are the dimensions?

lol!! Thought I should report the above, and all I could think was "Someone needs to tell those boys that that's not how you have a baby!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

I reported it :rolleyes:

Hacked you poor thing, you sound so fed up :( what was the name of the consultant you saw there yesterday?

Thanks Lady! I am in a bad spot for this thread, I opened it up to see new posts and that popped up in front of a 4 year old!! I don't think she saw it though, thank god!

ah yeah, a bit fed up, but I'll be ok. It's more the pain than anything! I can't even remember the name of the doctor I saw yesterday. I have seen him before...he is actually very nice in manner and as a person, but I couldn't beleive he was going to make me wait so long to even scan me, and the sweep thing I found shocking. Not to mention the fact that he didn't check out my baby's health at all!
    I know Holles Street were on a go slow yesterday...but I don't think they should cut necessary procedures just to see patients more quickly!

How are you feeling these days? Been a while since I've heard anything of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Hacked, would you try suggesting listening to the heartbeat to the consultant.... I was very quiet with the midwives and particularly the paediatrician I remember with my first, but I am determined not to take any crap this time. Just speak up and voice your needs. The last thing you need is someone walking over you right now.

I've never had a problem with my consultant. I went in and told her the visit before last that if I hadn't delivered by my due date that I wanted a sweep and she agreed because I was carrying a fairly big baby for a girl. Sure enough when I reminded her on the next visit (my due date) she gave the sweep with no trouble. This "we don't do that in Holles Street" is BS for a consultant to be coming out with.... sweeps are considered perfectly safe. I would ask if there is some medical reason why you are not suited to have one.... like this cervix being still a bit up there and not quite soft..... is that a factor? Shaggers. I feel a bit mad for you you poor woman. It's like the bad old days when you were expected to just put up (your legs) and shut up. Fart at him during your next internal! Hopefully you will be on your way soon.xxx

Ahh target, you make me laugh without fail!! :)

Apparently the reason was "It's not safe as it could introduce infection..." Go figure :rolleyes:

how are you feeling??

Holy mother of God...apparently you can go into false labour even at a week overdue!! Contractions were regular and getting worse, felt like my cervix was spasming open...and then nothing. It just stopped.

I'm beginning to question whether I Even like babies!!! :eek::D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

hacked wrote: »
    Holy mother of God...apparently you can go into false labour even at a week overdue!! Contractions were regular and getting worse, felt like my cervix was spasming open...and then nothing. It just stopped.

Hugs...with my mum I was over too and arrived (very quickly) the day before she was being induced...

Still getting used to the fact that our son will be a c as he is breech but hoping that he will stay in another while...35 weeks now!

• Advertisement

Cathy -- 35 weeks is amazing! I am so happy for you and Shane and can't wait to see pics of the little guy!
    Don't stress about a c-section. I know loads of people who had them with no bother. Just make sure you get pampered after! :)
    How are you feeling? xx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Oh hacked I hope today is your day!!!

Feeling OK these days, energy back to normal thank god. Have back pains and a terrible itch, drives me bonkers but a bath relieves it after a short while.

I feel mooosive, but in another 10 weeks ill be even more so guess I shouldnt moan (but will anyway :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

hacked wrote: »

Oh god hacked my heart bleeds for you :D
    this sounds just like my last few days!! i had a false labour for nearly 9 hours i was so mad and felt like such a plank when it stopped, get loads of dvd's and chocolate..:D not long now hopefully we're all rooting for you and sending lots of labour waves your way;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭janmc

Hacked, I can't believe you're still here! I've been lurking for a while reading the posts - I didn't know false labour that late was possible. At least you know that the baby is so comfortable and happy that it doesn't want to come out ;)

Cathy - great news! You're so close to full term now - it must be a weight off your mind as you cross off each day.

Good luck to both of you (or should I say all 4 of you?) :)

Wayhey Cathy- 35 weeks! That's brilliant. My best friend had a c-section and she says it was grand. Just make sure you rope in plenty of help and take things extra easy for your babymoon!

And Hacked you poor thing. If it's any consolation I had false labour for about 6 or 7 hours when I was 4 days over with my little lady and I went in on day 7 (she didn't make an appearance till day 8 though, the day I was due for induction!). It's good practice cos for me I found it reassuring that the contractions aren't too bad at all and it's good to have an idea of how it feels. You will definitely be on your way soon.

My moan is that I have some kind of bug at the moment. The Environmental Impact crowd will be getting onto me any day now for my single-handed contribution to the increase in the hole in the ozone layer - really shockingly bad wind and cramps, and I feel generally fluey on top of that. Add to that the neighbours decided to invite some friends home from the pub at 1.30am this morning and woke me with the shenanigans. I couldn't get back to sleep till after 2.30 and woke hourly with the gas cramps after that. I felt bitter until I saw him leaving for work at 7.30 this morning and THE HEAD ON HIM! Ha! It won't stop him though. He's one of those fellas that gets blotto for every public holiday "cos thats what you do". Duh! I'd normally phone his missus who would normally be asleep in bed herself (she'd sleep through an avalanche that one would), and she usually gets him the STFU. But last night I could hear her pissed as well so I knew I'd be wasting my time. At least they didn't wake the small woman up.. so I just focussed on relaxing and trying to sleep.

One last thing.... I was at the GP for a checkup last week and mentioned to him that I was having some trouble with my hearing in one of my ears.... feels like it's blocked with wax or like water got into it with a few weeks now.. he checked it and saw nothing in there and said it's probably left over from a sinus infection I had on that side of my head in January and that normally he would recommend a de-congestant but since I am up the duff I can't have that. ~Instead I am to hold my nose and try to pop my ears as often during the day as I can:rolleyes:.

Have any of you had unusual hearing stuff? I feel like it's driving me mad. Popping my ears won't work because that ear won't pop and it just seems to block the other one as well. It comes and goes throughout the day and I find it very disorienting to hear my voice in my head when talking to customers. That and the customers who mumble (and there are many) are now completely frustrating to me. I taken to lip reading! Anyone encounter anything like this?

ah Target...so sorry! Being sick is awful, and the neighbour thing wrecks my head. In my last flat the guy above me was a raving insomniac alco who cause me so much hassle! He woke me up all the time and I honestly wanted to kill him.

As for the sinus thing... I've had simalrish. I've been getting sinus toothache, sinus face ache, sinus nose ache, and yes....it has affected my ears too. Not maybe in the same way, but they hurt and can pop a lot! Unfortunately, I have no good answers for you as I have just put up with it...I've taken very few meds during the pregnancy bar the antibiotics.

As for me... still here for now! Wolfpawnat and Adrieanne knew, but i told them not to tell anyone...
    I was admitted to hospital last night. Originally went in because baby girl hadn't moved for 17 hours, but on the way to the hospital I started getting contractions. Upon arrival to hospital they paid more attention to contractions than thye did lack of movement...30 mins after arrival I was told that they were 6 mins apart and lasting a minute or so!! Apparently the look on my face was priceless...because I feel it all in my back I am still learning how to tell the contractons apart!

They decided to keep me in as midwife thought I would bei n labour within 5 hours. Unfortunately not...it got worse and worse, and baby was sleepy so they wouldn't give me the pethadine (sp?) injection. Got about 2 hours sleep, and then it all slowed this morning, so I am home for now.

I have discovered why I am so angry and unhappy with my treatment. Besides some ridiculous things they have done, I have just forgotten (Due to the pregnancy brain) that I am actually a highly intelligent human being! I find the midwives and doctors very patronising. For example, last nigh tafter 20 mins on the trace the midwife told me baby was "fine" but then wouldn't take me off even though being on it had me in mass amounts of pain. Another midwife came in and told me i needed to drink more to get baby moving, I was irritated and said i wanted off she said they couldn't as baby was not top notch or wahtever. WHAT?! Didn't get much of an explanation either!

This morning I got a brilliant doctor and midwife who happily sat with my mother and I and listened to my fears and concerns (i have some extra considerations). They validated me, spent all the time in the world discussing those with me and explaining the ins and outs of what was goig on so I knew where they were coming from. Once I knew, I felt so much happier!

Apparently i AM in prelabour, and although it is slow and exhausting it IS doing things to my cervix.(previous health care proffessionals assumed telling me baby was "happy" would suffice, and made out that there was no change and i was going no where) So the hope is that although this part is very slow, labour hopefully won;t be too too long as all this starting and stopping is slowly getting the cervix ready so I won't have one big long haul of hard work.

now to see just how long we shall be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Oh Hacked, you poor thing, you are really being put through the mill. My heart goes out to you, and fingers crossed it will all be over soon for you. :rolleyes:

No chance of a bit of Horsey-horsey to get the ball rolling properly I suppose? Long prelabour SUCKS! Been there done that. Not keen on it again. But I'd still prefer it to having to be induced or interfered with generally so YOU GO GIRL! You will probably have you baba tonight or tomorrow with a bit of luck! Delighted for you and sorry for your pains in equal measure. So happy you finally got someone to treat you like a human with a brain! Keep us posted! xxxx:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Good luck Hacked. I hope things get moving quickly for you. I don't think any of us will quite believe it when you post to let us know you've had your baby :D

• Advertisement

Holy friggin monkey balls! I'm like an online blog version of One Born Every Minute!!! (Or every year in my case!! :P)

Rested all yesterday after hosp, and then got a good night sleep. Contractions woke me at about 5 this morning...went to the bathroom, and then started leaking everywhere. Checked, and the leaking was pink. I originally thought it might be my waters, but no...just slowly peeing myself!! :o

Woke the mother at 6. Realllly painful contractions, 5 mins apart. We timed them for an hour before heading into hospital. Got checked out and was told that its still just gettingmy cervix ready...its nice and closed. The blood and stuff is a good sign, but still no show!

They said they could keep me in on pre labour ward if i wanted, but i opted to go home. Contractions alternating between 5 and 10 minute intervals for 13 hours...finding the breathing so hard! the last two hours they have slowed to a stand still though. Very frustrating!

Thinking i might be back in tonight for what will hopefully be the real deal.

Woohoo!! I can handle the pain of this, as long as the big intese part goes a lot faster! Fortunately my mom says im taking after her...she was like this for 2 days, and then had no problems with dilation or pushing whatsoever.

Advertisement