Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 108 Discussion **Spoilers during event**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Is it as much as 30%? I thought it was 10% and that sum is transfered to the opponent.

I'm open to correction of course.

You're right. Its 10% of the basic and 10% of the win bonus. I think I seen a fighter get a bigger pay day than his 6 k basic salary ever though he lost. Got close to 40 k for losing to someone who did not cut right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

scudzilla wrote: »
    He'll forfeit 30% i think, that seems to be the norm, also will not be entitled to any of the Fight of the Night bonuses

I know what ya mean about the card though, i rate 72 as one of my fav events, even though on paper it was pretty dire.

Hopefully there will be some real wars, still not floating my boat though

Apparently health officials would not allow Daley the usual extra hour to try and make the weight(only needed 1lb) as he looked in a real bad shape at that time. :confused: Wonder how this will effect him

I've not watched that, but is it the same MMA live with W Silva, Nelson and Gareth Davies on the show? If so, did anyone notice how hard Davies tried to get into the conversation and the rest just ignored him. He looked like an aircraft controller with his hand singles trying to get noticed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Devastator wrote: »
    Apparently health officials would not allow Daley the usual extra hour to try and make the weight(only needed 1lb) as he looked in a real bad shape at that time. :confused: Wonder how this will effect him

I've not watched that, but is it the same MMA live with W Silva, Nelson and Gareth Davies on the show? If so, did anyone notice how hard Davies tried to get into the conversation and the rest just ignored him. He looked like an aircraft controller with his hand singles trying to get noticed :D

Davies was very good on it, and Frank Mir and Kenflo agreed with nearly every point he made

callaway92 wrote: »
    Davies was very good on it, and Frank Mir and Kenflo agreed with nearly every point he made

great! brilliant in fact! but when did I say he was 'bad' or that I thought the others disagreed with him? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Ha rampage is coming back.

Good video you can hear Frank Mir's heavy breathing when the other guys are talking.

Shoes in the UFC wtf?

The card looks crap but the main event should be a good fight.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Davies just engenders hate (from myself included at times) even though he isnt THAT bad for a boxing reporter doing MMA.

Mir was excellent here. I was very impressed in how GSP smartly framed his next fight, great businessman and classy dude all in one.
    Shoes in the UFC wtf?

Im calling Coleman next NW champ if that happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Rashad and Thiago are boring, i bet it will be boring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

tis a different one so it is, this one has, bonnar, florian(or florini as dr phil said once :)) and the insightful frank mir, gsp shows up also along with that gobshiat from the observer that annoys the shiat out of me.

nice find i thought

hope a few of ye enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Gerard.C wrote: »

ya never can tell, there is star attraction and then there is entertainment, there ain't much star attraction bar 'sugar evans', but there are some possible entertaining fights in there

i for one, am looking forward to the main fight,de santos fight, daly fight and the martin kampmann fight also.

fight night is coming up in just over a week with some promising bouts in there too(amir sadollah being one off the top of my head) so time to cheer up matey ;)

Gerard.C wrote: »

hehehe and you have a wwf picture on your signature :D
    tis a different one so it is, this one has, bonnar, florian(or florini as dr phil said once :)) and the insightful frank mir, gsp shows up also along with that gobshiat from the observer that annoys the shiat out of me.

ah ha! I think it was only last night the episode I refer to was shown on ESPN :confused:

• Advertisement

The undercard is well under way

Shane McMahon and Hulk Hogan are at the show :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

rovert wrote: »

Shane O to TNA.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

McMahon will distract Herb Dean while Hogan gives Silva a steel chair shot and Evans capitalizes just in time for Dean to bring his attention back to the fight

flahavaj wrote: »
    Shane O to TNA.:pac:

Are any of the pre lim fights being shown on this ESPN live show? I can see lots of commotion behind them :confused:

BTW - anyone not with ESPN scroll down the page on the following link, the audio is actually about 1/2 second ahead of the sound through my tv :eek::D

http://www.examiner.com/x-29414-Martial-Arts-Examiner~y2010m1d2-UFC-108-fight-live-video-feed-and-results-posted-live

Whats the craic with this MMA Live show? Are they showing the Undercard Fights?

HIGHLY doubt it

I need to see that Miller fight tho

Damn, i presumed we'd get the Spike fights.

There's been nobody in that octagon since the show started

Damn, i presumed we'd get the Spike fights.

The reason why I doubt we will see fights is that ESPN in America at least are allowed to show UFC footage hence MMA LIVE uses stills when reviewing events.

LOVING Mir

LOVING Mir

I think I heard ages ago that he was commentating on the WEC and was apparently very good.

He's a good speaker, very clear.

• Advertisement

I think I heard ages ago that he was commentating on the WEC and was apparently very good.

He's a good speaker, very clear.

Yeah he is great on WEC.

Id rather hear him talk smack on the entire UFC roster than watch this fight card :pac:

No fights so

Just saw a tap, who won?

DAN LAUZON VS. COLE MILLER

Round 1 - With the Spike TV broadcast underway, referee Steve Mazzagatti makes his first appearance. Lauzon and Miller in the cage with no walk-out music. No touch of gloves. Miller kicks low. Lauzon misses with a left. Quick clinch, and Miller lands a left on the break. Miller considers jumping guard. He slides off and Lauzon drops him with a wild left hand. Knee from Lauzon as they stand, followed by a left. Great action early. Miller answers back, and he seems to have recovered. Clinch in the middle. Miller leaps with a knee. The pair breaks and restarts. Lauzon catches a kick and delivers a right hand. Miller swings back with wide hooks. Lauzon ducks a straight and moves to the back as Miller moves to his knees. Miller stands, and Lauzon leaps to the back. Quick transition, and Miller turns the tide. Miller works to the side and grabs Lauzon's left arm and torques. Miller has a figure-four lock in place around his opponent's shoulder and neck as he works the hold. Lauzon on his knees, and he's forced to tap to the pressure. The pair exchange a few kind words on the canvas, and the rivalry that was hot on Friday appears to be over. Miller makes early claim for "Submission of the Night." Cole Miller def. Dan Lauzon via submission (kimura from inverted triangle) - Round 1, 3:05.

Nice. I like Cole

um, yeah there has!
    Yeah he is great on WEC.

Id rather hear him talk smack on the entire UFC roster than watch this fight card :pac:

No fights so

Doesn't look like it, 1st fight spoiler below....btw Jim Miller fight is on main card apparently :confused: I thought it was a pre lim fight

In a frenetic fight that packed a great deal of action into just three minutes, Cole Miller defeated Dan Lauzon with a kimura from a reverse triangle in the first round of their UFC 108 fight.

Both fighters brought their A games and went on the attack from the beginning, with Miller landing some hard punches and Lauzon then dropping Miller with a very left hand in the first minute of the fight.

But once Miller recovered he got back to his feet and then took Lauzon down, put him in a reverse triangle choke with his legs, grabbed Lauzon's arm and put it behind his back, forcingthe tapout at 3:05 of the first round.

Miller said after the fight that he didn't even remember being dropped. But MMA fans will definitely remember the show he put on Saturday night.

Miller improves his record to 16-4, with 11 wins by submission. Lauzon falls to 12-3.

All the Sherdog lads picked that result to a tie.

Lads not backseat modding but watch it on the spoilers, cheers.

um, yeah there has!

Haha, i obviously havent been paying too much attention :D

They havent talked about the new octogan girl yet! :(

Post edited ;)

? :confused: ?

Kampmann Vs Volkmann
    Martin Kampmann defeated Jacob Volkmann by first-round submission Saturday night in a back-and-forth welterweight battle at UFC 108.

Kampmann dropped Volkmann in the first minute of the fight, but Volkmann popped right back up and kept on swinging, landing several punches. Midway through the first Kampmann dropped Volkmann again, however, and Volkmann, a former college wrestler, looked uncomfortable on his back. Eventually Kampmann worked toward a guillotine choke that got Volkmann to tap at 4:03 of the first round.

"I think he caught me with too many punches," Kampmann said afterward. "I shouldn't have been punched like that but I'm happy I got the win."

Kampmann deserves to be happy: It was a solid win to help him bounce back from his loss to Paul Daley at UFC 103. Kampmann improves his record to 16-3, while Volkmann drops 9-2.

• Advertisement

? :confused: ?

Think that was for me dude

So anyone know why ESPN aint showing the Spike broadcast like they have before?

Is it just to promote ESPN Live? Coz that'd be ridiculous.

Advertisement