Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tedious Bickering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Raam wrote: »

I think you are right. I was dropping my friend home the other night, she lives around the corner and I was saying I can never find Vico road when cycling from Dun Laoghaire and she said something about the bit (after the arch maybe?) being one way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I think you are right. I was dropping my friend home the other night, she lives around the corner and I was saying I can never find Vico road when cycling from Dun Laoghaire and she said something about the bit (after the arch maybe?) being one way.

Dirk has a girlfriend, Dirk has a girlfriend. Na na na na na.

(Sorry, just imagining that I was 10 all over again).

• Registered Users Posts: 31,047 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

ROK ON wrote: »

From what I recall she charges less if you drop her home.

ROK ON wrote: »

(Sorry, just imagining that I was 10 all over again).

Dirk wishes he had one, alas this was an actual lady friend. I realise that makes it sound like I pick up hookers (classy ones from Killiney), but this is not the case. A friend, who happens to have lady parts.

Lumen wrote: »
    From what I recall she charges less if you drop her home.

I think another challenge may be in the works...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I'm not going to be back until tomorrow evening so hope this goes well ;)

Fair play to Mockler for putting his money where his mouth is and taking on the might of the road bike.

I think he's in for a shock but being Irish I'm always looking out for the underdog......

And El Tonto hope you're in fully Euro attire, preferably Saeco style circa 1999 or else the infamous Zebra effect Gear. Possible the Del Tongo kit if you're feeling retro.No offense but don't think anyone but the perfectly coiffured one can carry off the muscle effect fullbody skin suit.

Who ever wins will have permanent glory (well until Tuesday anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭fran oconnor

so is this going ahead or not?.im looking forword to heading out for the finish..

so is this going ahead or not?.im looking forword to heading out for the finish..

Yes.

No water, can't remove my winter growth! Besides that, I'm not really setup for a race right now. Will anyonejust be trucking along? I need a big ass to hide behind, looks like it might be windy tomorrow.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Just washed my bike and shaved my legs ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Will anyonejust be trucking along? I need a big ass to hide behind, looks like it might be windy tomorrow.

Dude, don't stress it. There'll be lots of folks there.

el tonto wrote: »
    Dude, don't stress it. There'll be lots of folks there.

I was saving it for my blog, but as I was heading home, cycling up Kill Ave from Deansgrange (a stretch I normally love) I spied a rider to my right making his move. At first I thought it was Lance, but as the upright position, squeaky drivetrain and tracksuit bottomed shape moved into view, a depressing reality hit me: I was being beaten up a hill by a 15 year old on a rickety hybrid.

I did the sensible thing and latched onto the back of the wheel, his upright posture made an excellent wind breaker.

I was saving it for my blog

You have a blog?

Lumen wrote: »
    You have a blog?

My cycling log seems to double as a blog...I was going to refer to my "clog" but thought that might add to more confusion.

You should really petition the admins to extend "edit" to a week, I hate having to write the whole thing on a sunday/monday, and breaking it up gets messy.

Maybe I should just get an actual blog, I think I had one once, its floating around the internetty somewhere.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

I was being beaten up a hill by a 15 year old on a rickety hybrid.

I did the sensible thing and latched onto the back of the wheel, his upright posture made an excellent wind breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Incidentally, to see where the rain is tomorrow: http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Incidentally, to see where the rain is tomorrow: http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

while we are cycling in the rain we should check online?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I'd say mockler is out lining the route with glass as we speak. That's his only hope.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

el tonto wrote: »
    OK, time for a roll call. Who's coming out in the morning? I should be there shortly before 12.

I've heard again from Mockler007. He says that he's a good sport and will of course be stopping at red lights. He also suggested that anyone else coming along make a donation to the SSF as well.

I can't make it, but for the entertainment this thread has given me, I'll gladly put another €50 into SSF

Best of luck to the pair of you, but as an old codger and roadie, I'm definitely rooting for el tonto (who knows, perhaps one day I'll be able to represent the really old codgers in one of these "events")

Above all, look after yourselves, don't take any daft risks, and enjoy the occasion

EDIT
    If anyone wants to donate to SSF online, the bank account details are here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Joe Bastardi says weather will be good.

hnhweather.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I'd say mockler is out lining the route with glass as we speak. That's his only hope.

this is all starting to resemble..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I don't want to put any doubts in your mind el_tonto but...... http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/mountain-biker-wins-road-race-on-his-hardtail-22736

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

I don't want to put any doubts in your mind el_tonto but...... http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/mountain-biker-wins-road-race-on-his-hardtail-22736

epic lols and rofls.... tonto won't sleep a wink

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

I am going to locate myself, with camera, at the roundabout junction of Pigeon House Road and Sean Moore road. Probably on the Banana. I'll go for around 12:30 I guess

edit - or the lure of mtb.... So little time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Gavin wrote: »
    I am going to locate myself, with camera, at the roundabout junction of Pigeon House Road and Sean Moore road. Probably on the Banana. I'll go for around 12:30 I guess
    I should be on the south side of the east link with camera
    best of luck you two

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

cdaly_ wrote:

Of course. Whaddya think a bike computer is for?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

He was on a hardtail. Sure the TdF has been won on a hardtail. Mocker will be full-sus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Yeah - it's the only thing I use my iPhone for. QUICK turn left now and we won't get soaked!

• Advertisement

So this is still on? Everyone still going?

My bed is looking pretty warm and cosy right about now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement