Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy NFL jersey???

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I got 2 jerseys that time, the 49ers one didn't last at all, the college one, is still going strong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

adrian522 wrote: »
    I got 2 jerseys that time, the 49ers one didn't last at all, the college one, is still going strong though.

Maybe it depends what player's name is on it? Manti might be more durable than Colin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Generally speaking, i've ordered 2 jerseys and a wooly hat. The jerseys are for the games in Sept, and probably not for general use after that, i would rarely wear my Patriots game jersey (authentic). But for 19$ i won't be expecting the sun the moon or the stars quality wise from jennyloop.

If i could have walked into champion sports and bought a Steelers jersey for 60-70euro, i probably would have!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Agree that people's opinions will change after a few weeks. Again when I got my Bears jersey from Jenny I was delighted. I've never seen a Nike Elite in person to compare so I was happy but as I said after only a couple of wears the stripes on the sleeves started to peel off quite badly. This ruins the whole look of the jersey for me. I haven't washed the jersey so it just came off from wearing it a couple of times. Now the new Bears one I got from Yuki is far superior quality as this time I can compare. The stitching is much better and overall look to the jersey is better. The screen printed stripes on the sleeves are different and seem to be better too. But the main difference id the GSH is sewn on the one from Yuki and crappy screen print from Jenny. Her sizing's are all over the place too. I got two 52 and one is perfect and the other is swimming on me.

If your just buying one jersey I think you're better off with Yuki as the $55 dollars includes shipping. If your buying a lot of jerseys then you will notice some difference money wise as most other sites like Jenny are a flat shipping fee but the quality is nowhere near the same so would rather pay the extra for a Yuki jersey.

Out of curiosity Realt Dearg Sec what are the stripes and GSH like on the Wikitrade jersey? This seems to be the deal breaker for me on this jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

aaronm13 wrote: »

Out of curiosity Realt Dearg Sec what are the stripes and GSH like on the Wikitrade jersey? This seems to be the deal breaker for me on this jersey.

Like yourself, I didn't have the real thing with me to compare, so it was news to me that you could get a stitched version of the stripes and Halas moniker. So, they are printed on, they look fine to me and they have held up so far. They look like they'd struggle in a hot wash though, and if I saw it beside the real deal it might be an issue. I agree that it's important since it is more or less the only "detail" in a Bears jersey excepting the number and player name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Like yourself, I didn't have the real thing with me to compare, so it was news to me that you could get a stitched version of the stripes and Halas moniker. So, they are printed on, they look fine to me and they have held up so far. They look like they'd struggle in a hot wash though, and if I saw it beside the real deal it might be an issue. I agree that it's important since it is more or less the only "detail" in a Bears jersey excepting the number and player name.

Exactly, I was very surprised when I opened it. Does look the business though compared to the screen printed one. Would have been none the wiser if this was my first purchase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

One of the problems with these sites is that lads here are getting them and then posting a review after it arrives. Adrian wrote a while back about his experience on one of these (weiketrade). When they first arrived they were great, looked the part, stitching generally good etc. But after two washes his fell apart, basically. So, it might be worth hearing from more people about their orders, not so much when they arrive, as maybe a month or so later after a wash or two.

As it happens, I got a Bears jersey in the same weiketrade order, and I've been scared to wash it after what happened. Febreze can only do its work for so long...

My Packers one from Weiketrade is still going strong a year later. Brilliant jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

My Josh Freeman Game Jersey from Hit jerseys is still pretty decent after a years wear and plenty washing. The numbers are a bit bubbly, the colour on the NFL shield has faded slightly and the sticker at the back with the size has peeled off. Still looks great.

My ND T'eo is still pretty perfect apart from a few loose threads on the number. Got it from Weiketrade.

My Gronk and Doug Martin jerseys from Jenny are perfect but have only been through 1 wash. Bit on the big size compared to the Game Jersey.

Overall it appears that I've been lucky. Really happy with all 4 jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

DDC1990 wrote: »
    My Josh Freeman Game Jersey from Hit jerseys is still pretty decent after a years wear and plenty washing. The numbers are a bit bubbly, the colour on the NFL shield has faded slightly and the sticker at the back with the size has peeled off. Still looks great.

My ND T'eo is still pretty perfect apart from a few loose threads on the number. Got it from Weiketrade.

My Gronk and Doug Martin jerseys from Jenny are perfect but have only been through 1 wash. Bit on the big size compared to the Game Jersey.

Overall it appears that I've been lucky. Really happy with all 4 jerseys.

Why have you a Gronk JERSEY? :D

BKWDR wrote: »
    In the age old tradition of not getting the finger out, I only ordered from JennyLoop on Friday, will update with pics and delivery time etc when (IF) they get here. :)

Ordered Friday 16.8 and arrived today 22.8

Delivered to gf's job, and by all accounts I think the sizes i've ordered are wrong. Pox to that anyways. I ordered the Patriots wooly bobble hat and there is the Pats logo on it

Photos to follow

• Advertisement

jester1980 wrote: »
    Why have you a Gronk JERSEY? :D
    A few reasons, I like the Patriots jersey, I have a man crush on Gronk and I can't really get another NFC jersey.

Plus he's the best TE in the game.

I have a white Bucs jersey (Freeman) and a Red one (Martin) and I hate the Creamsicle colour, so I didn't need another Bucs jersey. I might if Freeman continues down his current path though.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

I have same names as you, Freeman in the Throwback and Martin in the Pewter.

Might get the white one when im over this year. Might go for McCoy...

jester1980 wrote: »
    I have same names as you, Freeman in the Throwback and Martin in the Pewter.

Might get the white one when im over this year. Might go for McCoy...
    I'll get McCoy if he manages 5+ sacks. Great guy to pressure, but he can't finish!

Lavonte David if he keeps going the way he is may be next in line for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Here is the Hit Jersey/Cheap Sport website.

http://www.cheapsportshop.com/nfl.html

Its just the home page that is down, ive come across another website that does the same.

Photos of Steelers jerseys.

Delighted with them. The only thing to give out about is the men's one is like there is a crease along it like it was ironed or something. Other than that stitching and quality is surprisingly like with stuff

Photos of Steelers jerseys.

Delighted with them. The only thing to give out about is the men's one is like there is a crease along it like it was ironed or something. Other than that stitching and quality is surprisingly like with stuff

Patriots Woolie bobble hat...very nice....could be a size bigger. I have a shaved head and not a a massive head and it's very tight on. Nice stitching on logo

Is there much of a difference between Jenny Loop and Hit Jerseys??
    Also anyone know if Hit Jerseys charge a credit card fee. JennyLoop chargers 9% on top of delivery.

Im ordering on Monday probably, if anyone wants to join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

are hitjerseys not trading anymore?

Scouser wrote: »
    are hitjerseys not trading anymore?

They are under a different URL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Rochey18 wrote: »
    They are under a different URL

could u provide me with it please?

also - do they still do free postage when you buy 5 jerseys or more?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭baddebt

Scouser wrote: »
    could u provide me with it please?

also - do they still do free postage when you buy 5 jerseys or more?

this is their new url http://www.cheap-jerseyschina.us/

got some stuff off it over the past couple of weeks both NFL and football , its very very good stuff indeed

baddebt wrote: »
    this is their new url http://www.cheap-jerseyschina.us/

got some stuff off it over the past couple of weeks both NFL and football , its very very good stuff indeed

Is it http://www.cheap-jerseyschina.us
    or is it
    http://www.cheapsportshop.com/nfl.html

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bryanodowd

I used the first, few teething problems with order (out of stock hat etc) but two jerseys ordered came and seem in pretty good shape, but Hat they ended up sending was different.

Have offered to send the correct one with my next order, if anyone is making one give me shout can tell them to throw one in your order if you want.

Took about a 7-10 days for delivery with DHL and no customs on it which was sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Paddy Houlihan

I ordered some jerseys from jennyloop but they were stopped in customs did anyone else have this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 23,562 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Was looking at buying some stuff from 'Football Fanatics'.

Looking around online opinions on them seem to be pretty polarized. A lot of people saying they are brilliant with quick delivery and great customer service. And then the other half seeming to view them as a pack of cowboys scam artists.

Has anyone got personal experience of ordering from them? And would you recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Was looking at buying some stuff from 'Football Fanatics'.

Looking around online opinions on them seem to be pretty polarized. A lot of people saying they are brilliant with quick delivery and great customer service. And then the other half seeming to view them as a pack of cowboys scam artists.

Has anyone got personal experience of ordering from them? And would you recommend?

I have used them 5 times and 4 of the 5 times they were excellent. The other time they fooked up an order but to be fair to them they rectified it and apologised and threw me a discount on future orders. I find like most businesses there will always be a good selection of positive and negative views on them.

cheap-jerseyschina.us sent me a tracking number yesterday morning for EMS.
    But when I put the tracking number in, it says no information available.
    Anyone have this problem before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

cheap-jerseyschina.us sent me a tracking number yesterday morning for EMS.
    But when I put the tracking number in, it says no information available.
    Anyone have this problem before?

It could take a couple days for the tracking number to show up on the system. If its not there in a couple days email them back and ask them is it the correct one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I ordered some jerseys from jennyloop but they were stopped in customs did anyone else have this problem

They'll be destroyed by customs. Get in contact with Jenny Loop and explain that they have been stopped. They will probably ask for a scanned copy or a picture of the customs letter you received and then send on replacements.

Advertisement