Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy NFL jersey???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Going to Holland this weekend so can't make you an offer, hopefully they're still there next week.
    I will certainly hold them for you if you're interested, but will keep the ads up for them just in case. They are lovely jackets and are in excellent condition, and I don't want them to go to waste. They are too big for me now that I have lost a few stone, and I don't want to put on weight to fit into them again or try something to shrink them and end up ruining them! :D
    So unless you have an address to go thru in the States, I'd tread very carefully with using any of the online Pro Shops from here.
    I bought those jackets and a few novelty bits from the NFL Shop online and the whole thing came to nearly $260. When they were being delivered (in 3 separate boxes that could easily have held all in one I might add!) I had to pay an extra £50 in import fees to get them off the courier... I wasn't impressed to say the least!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

Have never posted in this forum before and hopefully you guys can help. My brother is a mad Patriots fan, so I'm going to get him a Patriots jersey for his birthday. I'm going to buy from the nflshop.com website and since this is an official NFL website am I right in assuming there should be no problems with customs/shipment ect?

The other problem I have is sizing, I haven't a clue about the american size conversions ect. My brother is just over "6Ft" maybe "6.1" and I think he's a 44-46 chest, so he's a big lad. I know from the missus, that American and Irish clothes sizing can be way off. This a sizing chart from the website

Jersey size S - Jersey size 46 - Chest 42 - Body Length Front 30 - Body Length back 32

Jersey size M - Jersey size 48 - Chest 46 - Body Length Front 31 - Body Length back 33

Jersey size L - Jersey size 50 - Chest 50 - Body Length Front 32 - Body Length back 34

Am I right in assuming the ^ the middle one would be the right size? There are 5 sizes even larger than the ones above :eek:. I mean are they for whales? So here is my last question, are American football jerseys traditionally worn over-sized or something? All help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mossy2390

yeah the jerseys are made to fit over the pads so they are made big,
    im 6'2 and about a 40 chest, take a medium in normal stuff so i just got a medium in the jersey too, its very long and plenty of space in it, easily fit it over a hoody. that is how they are worn tho so i wouldnt worry about it being too big. medium will fit him not a bother i say.

i know people that want to wear them like they would wear a soccer jersey get a youth xl, doubt that would fit your brother tho

^ ^ ^

Thanks mossy, so the medium 46 chest should be o.k. for him, since I think he has a 44-46 chest size.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mossy2390

yeah they are huge m should be fine, even a m in normal american cloths would probably fit him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Yukijersey and Tarajersey are starting to sell the new jerseys now. $45 each. Reebok ones were $42

Only one I see up so far is a Tebow Jets #15. Hopefully the rest will follow soon.

20124141671174.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

So are Searchjerseys.net http://searchjerseys.net/category.php?id=610 works out around the same price, but if you grab one of the old reebok jerseys for 17.50 it helps make the shipping even over two jerseys.

Some of them aren't accurate though, for example the Tebow one for the Jets doesn't have the new vertical stripes on the picture. The others look close though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Think I might just do what I do with the soccer jerseys every year. Wait till the end of August. Usually the first batch made and sold have some errors as the makers get used to it.

The bears jersey on searchjerseys isn't even close really. Numbers are not on the shoulders, no stripe on the neck etc. Looks like they have just taken the reebok one and attatched a Nike logo instead really! The fabric is also the Reebok mesh, which I think is gone now with the Nike ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What are the sizes like with these? They look a lot tighter than the Reebok ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Think I might just do what I do with the soccer jerseys every year. Wait till the end of August. Usually the first batch made and sold have some errors as the makers get used to it.

The bears jersey on searchjerseys isn't even close really. Numbers are not on the shoulders, no stripe on the neck etc. Looks like they have just taken the reebok one and attatched a Nike logo instead really! The fabric is also the Reebok mesh, which I think is gone now with the Nike ones.

Yeah the tebow jersey above doesn't look right either, from the pictures I have seen of the jets jersey that collar shouldn't have white on it, and the logo should'nt be extending over onto the white from the sleeve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Has anybody ever had any experience with www.fakeauthenticnfljerseys.com ?

I ordered a jersey with them there last week, and one came yesterday. It was the wrong jersey though, they swapped my Ryan Mathews one for a Kevin Boss giants one. They swapped it on the invoice also, and any other previous orders I had started, to calculate shipping.

I've emailed them, and I seem to have gotten a genuine response, saying they've never had the problem before and asking for pictures of the jersey and packaging, but I have a feeling it won't get any further.

The main problem I have is only getting one jersey, since I paid for 2....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

mongoman wrote: »
    Have never posted in this forum before and hopefully you guys can help. My brother is a mad Patriots fan, so I'm going to get him a Patriots jersey for his birthday. I'm going to buy from the nflshop.com website and since this is an official NFL website am I right in assuming there should be no problems with customs/shipment ect?

There'll be no problem with shipping, in that you'll pay a fee to NFL.com and they'll organise the shipping.

But you'll almost certainly be hit with customs. NFL.com will use one of the big recognised shipping companies (e.g. UPS) and they make damn sure they run everything by the book, so declare everything to customs. So when UPS deliver they will ask you to pay, via them, the proper customs charges, and they'll also add a nice little admin fee for themselves.
    (Some lower values items are below the threshold for customs so don't get charged - not sure what that threashold is, but I know a $20 t-shirt I bought from NFL.com didnt get charged)

If you buy via some other independent retail site, there's a chance (probably less than 50%) that you'll be lucky and customs won't pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

But you'll almost certainly be hit with customs. NFL.com will use one of the big recognised shipping companies (e.g. UPS) and they make damn sure they run everything by the book, so declare everything to customs. So when UPS deliver they will ask you to pay, via them, the proper customs charges, and they'll also add a nice little admin fee for themselves.

I'll pay the customs, fair enough
    But UPS add thirteen euro or so in "administration fee" for themselves and demand cash on delivery :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

some details here for VAT, Customs & Excise details:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554&page=12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 viscione

if you buy it from nfl merchandise uk youdont have any of the customs to pay, because they are in the EU ..... forget UPS and customs that's not your problem!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 viscione

and on that note as there is a lot of users on this thread, any one know of any physical open shops that sell NFL gear in Cork??

mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

With the new Nike deal and thus every single team having a brand new jersey (even if many only show a small change), there'd be a great opportunity for the Nike store in Kildare outlets to even temporarily try and stock the jerseys. I'd say they'd do great business, we'd save on shipping/customs, everyone's a winner - but still unlikely to happen :(

viscione wrote: »
    and on that note as there is a lot of users on this thread, any one know of any physical open shops that sell NFL gear in Cork??

mark

no one will be selling jerseys in store, I spoke to Nike and they said stock is extremely limited for Europe.

they have the new nike "designs" but with the old reebok fit and fabric. the nike onse are tapered and I dont think they are mesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

doned wrote: »
    http://www.weiketrade.com

they've got a lot of new nike nfl jersey in stock now .and i've not problem on my two year cooperation with them . $25 each is acceptable and the most important is the aweseom quality

If you look at this guys posts they all promote this website. I would take everything he says with a pinch of salt.
    In fact . Nike didnt change much about the jerseys .except the logo , isnt it ?

No dude if you are going to sell counterfeit Jerseys at least know what Nike have changed on the Jerseys. The material has completely changed and some of the designs have been slightly refined because of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

We should all send an email to Nike stores in Ireland (I don't know of any bar Kildare), the more interest we send the more likely they are to at least inquire about stocking jerseys.

In fact . Nike didnt change much about the jerseys .except the logo , isnt it ?

true, what i really mean is they have nike logos!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

The jd shop on henry street (dublin) has the draft hats for most teams, didnt see vikings, lions, ravans though. 30 bills also and the hat is terrible!

There'll be no problem with shipping, in that you'll pay a fee to NFL.com and they'll organise the shipping.

(Some lower values items are below the threshold for customs so don't get charged - not sure what that threashold is, but I know a $20 t-shirt I bought from NFL.com didnt get charged)

RE: The threshold for custom charges, is there a quick reference chart anywhere for a breakdown of duties to be paid. For example, if I get two or three NFL jerseys from NFL.com, which are each priced $99 each. Any idea what custom charges UPS would put on each jersey ect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

RE: The threshold for custom charges, is there a quick reference chart anywhere for a breakdown of duties to be paid. For example, if I get two or three NFL jerseys from NFL.com, which are each priced $99 each. Any idea what custom charges UPS would put on each jersey ect?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055862554

or

http://www.dutycalculator.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

you would have to pay the vat due for the type of product it is and as it would be deemed a luxury item it would be 23% so somewhere around 68$ for the 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Going to Holland this weekend so can't make you an offer, hopefully they're still there next week.
    Two are still there mate if you're interested. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Has anybody tried one of the bogey sites recently?

I got my Brown Cribbs Browns jersey from Jerseychannelone and it was absolutely perfect. They have been shut down.
    Gonna get a white Haden or Richardson one. I will deffo gamble on one of the bogey sites again.

Anyone tried http://www.yukijersey.com/en/index.asp recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Silver Clown

Has anybody tried one of the bogey sites recently?

I got my Brown Cribbs Browns jersey from Jerseychannelone and it was absolutely perfect. They have been shut down.
    Gonna get a white Haden or Richardson one. I will deffo gamble on one of the bogey sites again.

Anyone tried http://www.yukijersey.com/en/index.asp recently?

I tried ordering from them about 3-4 weeks ago and they replied saying they don't ship to addresses in Ireland anymore, probably because of the issues they had with customs last year.

• Advertisement

Hey folks,

finally got my site set up, would love to get your feedback on it - it's just an initial run with a small selection of Reebok gear and hopefully I'll restock with some nice new gear from one of the official suppliers of the off field gear - no nike though, they asked for a €180,000 spend :eek: so i'm still trying to track down a reseller!

anyway the site is GridIronFootball.ie and I've set up a 15% off code: BOARDSIES

let me know what you think!

Advertisement