Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GhostBusters 2016 **SPOILERS FROM POST 1751 ONWARD**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I know Dan has had a script for the last 2 decades where the ghostbusters go to hell,

This was meant to be a CGI movie. From what i've gathered as well the game is canon and going to continue from there.

So, it would seem like there is a franchise of ghostbusters all over the states.

But again i've been hearing these rumors since 2000, if a sequel does get made i'll eat my hat. Would love it though. :D the movie not the hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

johnn wrote: »
    i read Apatow and co. were taking over the franchise and it would be Seth Rogan, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd & i assume that black guy that turns up in most of their movies* will play..............eh, the token black

*Doorman in knocked up/ Sensitive Hitman in Pineapple Express

i hope to all hell this doesnt happen! im sick of the same movies from these guys, and you know that annoying waste of skin and oxegen, jonah hill will be in it if this is the case and i wish he would just f*ck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah i thought i read Apatow and co. were taking over the franchise and it would be Seth Rogan, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd & i assume that black guy that turns up in most of their movies* will play..............eh, the token black

Well that's a new one to me.

I kinda liked the idea of the 'passing of the torch' story but if it's going to be to those actors, then I'd have to say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,645 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jonah Hill as Oscar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,376 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Judd Apatow's wife as second lead female role

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tony_Yeboah

Massive fan of the first two but can't see this coming good.

Can anyone actually see Bill Murray signing up for this? I'll believe it when i see it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Massive fan of the first two but can't see this coming good.

Can anyone actually see Bill Murray signing up for this? I'll believe it when i see it.

Im pretty sure the interview I saw with Murray, he said he wasnt interested or that he wasnt doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tony_Yeboah

faceman wrote: »
    Im pretty sure the interview I saw with Murray, he said he wasnt interested or that he wasnt doing it.

Now that, I believe.

I'd say murray will do it, all the reports of him not doing it where before the game came out. since then he's been more forward with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yeah i thought i read Apatow and co. were taking over the franchise and it would be Seth Rogan, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd & i assume that black guy that turns up in most of their movies* will play..............eh, the token black

Haha sweet, I'd actually enjoy that. They're all legends IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Bill still saying No!!

billnoose22png.png

Actually, here is too quite recent interviews where Bill comments on the possibilities of a Ghostbusters 3.

Earlier this year:

Last year:

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭geoffraffe

Good old Bill shooting from the hip again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jimmytnin

Both were timeless, bill Murray is a genius! "choose your destructor"

Think Murrays reluctance could really raise the bar.

Looks like this could be out 2012.

He says in another interview that Lee Eisenberg & Gene Stupnitsky (writers of the American version of The Office) wrote the script and they created the "comic role of a lifetime" for Bill Murray.

Really want to see this but part of me reckons it won't live up to the previous two....especially with new writers on board, and the general low standard of movies lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

To be honest, when you put Ghostbusters 1 & 2 side by side the sequel isn't particulary good, very bloated and aware of it's popularity created by the first one. I still cringe at the Statue Of Liberty bit (when they plug in the then-new NES arcade controller :pac:)

As long as it fares better than Ghostbusters 2 then I'll be happy. There's no way they'll come close to the magic of the 1st film.

I agree that the second one isn't as good as the first, but I still think it's very good.

No matter what, even with the original cast, and Reitman directing, the third is destined to disappoint.
    Especially since it's becoming increasingly likely that they are pursuing the idea of a new generation of Ghostbusters, picked from the current 'comedy' scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

No matter what, even with the original cast, and Reitman directing, the third is destined to disappoint.
    Especially since it's becoming increasingly likely that they are pursuing the idea of a new generation of Ghostbusters, picked from the current 'comedy' scene.

Agreed, big time. I want to see the original cast, not the current "cream of the crop" of comedy.

I do like the 2nd film, it has it's flaws but it's still got some funny moments. What I've always liked about the films was they used puppets for the ghosts which made them really creepy looking.

The film probably will disappoint, just hopefully not too much. We'll have to wait and see anyways.

• Advertisement

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Agreed, big time. I want to see the original cast, not the current "cream of the crop" of comedy.

I do like the 2nd film, it has it's flaws but it's still got some funny moments. What I've always liked about the films was they used puppets for the ghosts which made them really creepy looking.

The film probably will disappoint, just hopefully not too much. We'll have to wait and see anyways.

Yep, the disappointment is as inevitable as it's production.

Personally though, I thought the video game was brilliant and easily filled the role of a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

You know it wasn't long ago people were saying this about Batman and looked what happened.First off this is not a remake,they got most of the orginal cast(no sign of rick moranis) and it took 20 years in the making.If Bill ,Dan,reitman and ramis are happy with the script then Im guessing its some way decent.The CGI at this stage would make the movie look class.Im happy this movie is being made.

Jonah Hill as slimer

I'm hoping they follow on from the Game, it is considered canon and would be a good jumping point.

Nostagia wins this one for me, I won't mind how average it is. Average will be good with the hype it will build up. If it can surpass that then kudos to the whole team

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'd love to say I've high hopes for this, but after Indiana 4 I'm not so sure. My unusually high BS acceptance threshold will probably carry me to liking it, but I hope it'll be more than that.

GBII IMO was as much fun as the first. Looking back now, even with the lower BS threshold that comes with adulthood, I really liked Peter MacNicol's performance, and I find it really hard to fault the movie. (I think Janine started something in a preteen me about red hair.... :D )

They actually tried that with the TV cartoon in the 90s:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 whiteboii

ya they were pretty bad movies

whiteboii wrote: »
    ya they were pretty bad movies

bites tongue

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The Daily Telegraph has an interview with Dan Aykroyd today, in which he says a bit about the project:
    I honestly don’t know. At this point it’s in suspended animation. The studio, the director Ivan Reitman and Harold Ramis feel there must be a way to do it, but Bill Murray will not do the movie. He doesn’t want to be involved. He’s got six kids, houses all over America. He golfs in these tournaments where they pay him to turn up and have a laugh. He’s into this life and living it. I know we’d have a lot of fun [but] I can’t be mad at him. He’s a friend first, a colleague second. We have a deep personal relationship that transcends business and he doesn’t want to know.
    [they are] not going to do a movie that exploits the franchise. The script has to be perfect. I’m the cheerleader, but I’m only one voice in the matter. It’s a surety that Bill Murray will not do the movie, however there is still interest from the studio.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I firmly believe if they came up with a good solid script that didn't piss all over the memory of the original and showed it to Murray he would sign on. The problem is the studio won't pay the kind of money necessary to make such a script a reality unless Murray is attached first. And Murray won't have anything to do with this unless there's a proper script... or they offer him a sh*t load of money. The studio won't do either because this is a sequel which nobody except Aykroyd really wants to do. Reitman and Ramis seem to be up for it, but only in a "come back to us when you get a green-light, Dan" kind of way.

• Advertisement

If it never goes ahead we have the game as a 3rd continuation of the story and for it's flaws in gameplay i thought it was a solid story and would be happy with that ending.

Advertisement