Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GhostBusters 2016 **SPOILERS FROM POST 1751 ONWARD**

Options
  • 11-12-2009 8:24pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It's been confirmed by Sigourney Weaver today on Channel 4. It's set in present day and her character's son Oscar will feature.

She also suggested that Venkman
    will be a ghost.

Comments

Nothing is confirmed. How many times in recent months have we had a cast memebr of a big franchise drop hints that they were gearing up to start producoion on the next part only for everyone else involved to rubbish it. Ghostbusters 3 is certainly in developm,ent but it coiuld be a long way off.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Nothing is confirmed. How many times in recent months have we had a cast memebr of a big franchise drop hints that they were gearing up to start producoion on the next part only for everyone else involved to rubbish it. Ghostbusters 3 is certainly in developm,ent but it coiuld be a long way off.

She hasn't dropped hints, she has definitively said it is happening.

The video is here, but she does give away a potential spoiler.
    http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/arts_entertainment/film_tv/weaver+male+roles+boosted+my+career/3457647

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Oh god the first 2 were so bad, why are they making a 3rd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ruth KPS wrote: »
    Sacrilage :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

Surely this is a bannable offense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Were they not classing the recent video game as the third one?

And Weaver ran a mile from voice acting in it, methinks she's trying to get back in the good books.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Oh, come now! (in SideShow Bob voice)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Ruth KPS

Im sorry guys, but honestly, I think they were really bad. Im just shocked a 3rd is being made

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Im sorry guys, but honestly, I think they were really bad. Im just shocked a 3rd is being made

You're the first person I've ever heard of not liking Ghostbusters. Maybe the types of humour used or the thrust of the movie just isn't to your taste. Oh well!! The rest of us are huge Ghostbuster fans :)

stay_puft.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Blasphemy of the highest order

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

You're obviously dead inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

In fairness the second one was crap but I like it nostalgia reasons. The 3rd could be potentially just wrong or great, depends.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Always thought the first ghostbusters was really good. Couldnt care less about the sequel.
    A third one? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ KA-CHINGGGG!!!!
    No doubt this has been pushed by the accountants at Columbia pictures.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

The second one didn't age as well as the first not that it was bad though. Ghostbuster is one of them great childhood films really looking forward to part 3.

Ghostbusters 3: a bunch of old geezers running around in jump suits zapping spooks!!:eek:
    Not sure if i like the current trend of reviving 1980's/early 90's movies, seems a little money mad to me.
    Indiana J, rambo, rocky, universal soldier etc.
    Certain movie characters just dont age well, i fear this may be the case with GB3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Ghostbusters 3: a bunch of old geezers running around in jump suits zapping spooks!!:eek:
    Not sure if i like the current trend of reviving 1980's/early 90's movies, seems a little money mad to me.
    Certain movie characters just dont age well, i fear this may be the case with GB3.

Universal Soldier:eek:

The first one was mediocre imo

How many did they actually make?

Just getting some memories of the Lundgren/Van Damme fight now

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭murphman

Pete Venkman "Sometimes sh!t happens and who ya gonna call??"

GHOSTBUSTERS 3 - Yes Please...

At least I'll have a reason to wear my proton pack again... yipeee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Weren't there rumours going around earlier in the year that GB3 would be all CGI to avoid ageing actors?

Also the last Rambo movie was one of the best in the series imho.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

I will fight you.:mad:

Venom wrote: »
    Weren't there rumours going around earlier in the year that GB3 would be all CGI to avoid ageing actors?

Also the last Rambo movie was one of the best in the series imho.

Do you mean cartoonish cgi like shrek or proper life-like cgi?

btw... im a big fan of rambo & i thought no.4 was weak! Thought the last rocky was pretty good, much better than rocky 5.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

:eek: - how dare you! :mad:

The first one is easily one of my all time fave movies, i must have seen it over a hundread times, seriously....i know the script word for word!.....the second one was crap, horrid....never watch it.

I'm hoping they don't "dumb down" the second or "kiddify" it like the second.

:eek: - how dare you! :mad:

The first one is easily one of my all time fave movies, i must have seen it over a hundread times, seriously....i know the script word for word!.....the second one was crap, horrid....never watch it.

I'm hoping they don't "dumb down" the second or "kiddify" it like the second.

Hate to say this but it sounds like a classic hollywood easy-money exercise. Hope im wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

The first, at the time, was considered a horror. A comedy, but also a horror.

It was great. They just got the timing right, and the actors right for the parts. Egon was our first weird brain guy. Ray was the usual loveable guy. Winston was the token black guy, who was only given more character when put into the cartoon. Peter was just the right amount of asshole.

Dan couldn't play Ray again. He's changed as an actor too much imo. He'd changed too much by Ghostbusters 2.

Bill could pull off peter at any point, but it's writing the character right. More difficult.

Egon and winston would just be pointless additions in characters now. We've had the mad scientist done to death ever since, and we don't need the token black guy.

Could do without this film tbh. The original was a classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm all for differing opinions, but you're just wrong

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

:eek: Oh yes! cant wait!!!! i hope they have all the same stars though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

From what I read the story is supposed to be about the Ghostbusters retiring and passing the torch to a younger bunch of Ghostbusters.....largely because of the age issue.
    But I understand Dan Akroyd has been gagging to get a third one out since the second so maybe it won't be too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Someone who doesn't like Ghostbusters is probably a huge Michael McIntyre fan and will laugh at anything that comes out of his mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

From what I read the story is supposed to be about the Ghostbusters retiring and passing the torch to a younger bunch of Ghostbusters.....largely because of the age issue.
    But I understand Dan Akroyd has been gagging to get a third one out since the second so maybe it won't be too bad.

Yeah i thought i read Apatow and co. were taking over the franchise and it would be Seth Rogan, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd & i assume that black guy that turns up in most of their movies* will play..............eh, the token black

*Doorman in knocked up/ Sensitive Hitman in Pineapple Express

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

heh, funny enough I just watched the 2 films there. :D

Ghostbusters to me is the original cast, not handing the torch to the "funny guys" of the moment.

Though you could have something like the Ghostbusters being rivals to a bunch of crap ghost-busting imitators, sorta like all those "ghost" detectives you see on those wimmen channels. :pac:

Advertisement