Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

lainey316 wrote: »
    I don't like it purple_bobbin, it might just be the photo but there's a bang of Penneys off it tbh - shiny plastic rather than patent. is it supposed to be leather?
    It's patent leather, according to the listing.

Here's another photo from the listing, it gives a closer look at the patent leather.

$(KGrHqN,!k0E2EWLN4WpBNmebv!E,!~~0_3.JPG

I was worried it might look a bit cheap to be honest. Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I love the colour, but the photo makes it look reeeeally cheap! If it's really patent leather then it'd probably look great in real life. I found a picture of it from a fashion blog which says it has a "wet look", so it's probably that shiny in real life!

purplebags2007aw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I think maybe the flash of the camera isn't doing it any justice? I like it myself, the colour is lovely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Ooh I want this shirt from Denenhams. Think it would be cute with high waist denim shorts. Might do a bit of shopping this weekend.

That is the most adorable blouse I've ever seen! It would look so cool with little shorts and a headband

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

phasers wrote: »
    That is the most adorable blouse I've ever seen! It would look so cool with little shorts and a headband

Damn you, I'm planning outfits now! I have a bold aztec print headband that would clash gloriously with it :pac:

I need to get shoes as well, I think just plain brown loafers and a some wearable black heels. Yes... Need...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Twee. wrote: »
    Damn you, I'm planning outfits now! I have a bold aztec print headband that would clash gloriously with it :pac:

I need to get shoes as well, I think just plain brown loafers and a some wearable black heels. Yes... Need...

I'm buying so much more stuff since I started reading this forum. A good and bad thing. I was never a good shopper. I now feel like I NEED stuff :D

I love the zebra print. I saw the description before the picture popped up and actually laughed because it wasn't what I was expecting! Very quirky and cute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I really want this skirt, saw it linked to a blog and I think its from boohoo but the post was a year old so it doesn't seem to be stocked any more...:(

FloralPrintPuffball.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Love that blouse Twee! Very tempted to get it myself... I told myself to stop spending money but my friend introduced me to her motto today... "Deny yourself nothing, you deserve everything" Damn her! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

It's patent leather, according to the listing.

Here's another photo from the listing, it gives a closer look at the patent leather.

I was worried it might look a bit cheap to be honest. Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.

I actually bought that bag in RI, I'd say it was about 3 or 4 years ago now. I don't think it looks cheap in real life, not as plastic-y as the pics make it out to look anyway. The zip on mine broke though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Girls the world's most expensive pair of shoes went on sale today for £140,000 pounds.:eek: The design is made from solid gold and two thousand diamonds. The designer Christopher Michael Shellis has said there has been a lot of interest. Who would pay this amount for a pair of shoes? There are gorgeous but I've seen nicer for under a thousand. Thoughts?

ojp7ic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Sibylla wrote: »
    Girls the world's most expensive pair of shoes went on sale today for £140,000 pounds.:eek: The design is made from solid gold and two thousand diamonds. The designer Christopher Michael Shellis has said there has been a lot of interest. Who would pay this amount for a pair of shoes? There are gorgeous but I've seen nicer for under a thousand. Thoughts?

ojp7ic.jpg

Thoughts? You'd need to be institutionalised to buy a pair of shoes for that kind of money. Seriously. €1000 is understandable. €150,000? Check yourself into the loony bin. And I'm not a girl, I hope I'm allowed reply.

qz wrote: »
    Thoughts? You'd need to be institutionalised to buy a pair of shoes for that kind of money. Seriously. €1000 is understandable. €150,000? Check yourself into the loony bin. And I'm not a girl, I hope I'm allowed reply.
    I agree, Considering the recessionary times we are in. Who would even contemplate it. I'm very surprised to hear there has been a lot of interest. Spending a 1,000 on a pair seems quite excessive unless it's a one off.

Of course you can reply, All opinions appreciated in f&a :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think they're hideous, but then I think that all strappy sandals are hideous. I suppose if someone was to spend that sort of money on shoes they probably have an awful lot of money and wouldn't think anything of it. It's all relative.

I don't like the design either! There are very few strappy sandals of that type that don't force your toes out in an ugly way!

Surely with the materials they are made from walking isn't going to be easy. I know they are probably a 10-step-max kinda shoe, but I'm not impressed!!

It's all relative though, some people think nothing of spending that much money, it'd be like buying shoes in Clarks to them!

I think They're really ugly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

They're very dull shoes, stylewise, and tacky with all the bling.

There is plenty of people who'd have that kind of money laying around and wouldn't think twice of putting them with their €200k YSL couture dress.

It's just a media thing, rather old hat at this stage.

Guys, yay or nay on this dress:

490851_1.jpg

Could it be dressed down, worn with pumps? I don't want to look really glam or anything, just like the slouchy shape of the top. I doubt I'm as tall as the model here, so it would probably be much closer to my knees!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Anyone going to the vintage fair in DunLaoghaire this Sunday?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Malari wrote: »
    Guys, yay or nay on this dress:

490851_1.jpg

Could it be dressed down, worn with pumps? I don't want to look really glam or anything, just like the slouchy shape of the top. I doubt I'm as tall as the model here, so it would probably be much closer to my knees!
    I like it, but I think it could look glam for day time, it depends, it's a loose fitting or does it cling to the body?

Personally, I'd wear it with leggings.

Have you a link to the dress please?

• Advertisement

I like it, but I think it could look glam for day time, it depends, it's a loose fitting or does it cling to the body?

Personally, I'd wear it with leggings.

Have you a link to the dress please?

The top looks loose fitting, but the skirt part is tight, so not really sure. This is the link: http://www.brandalley.co.uk/FSRayon/Id-7136-Produit-64746-Rayon-490851

But it's on Brand Alley so you need to register to view anything. Couldn't find it anywhere else. It's there in red too, but that looks too...red!

Malari wrote: »
    The top looks loose fitting, but the skirt part is tight, so not really sure. This is the link: http://www.brandalley.co.uk/FSRayon/Id-7136-Produit-64746-Rayon-490851

But it's on Brand Alley so you need to register to view anything. Couldn't find it anywhere else. It's there in red too, but that looks too...red!

Thanks, it's a nice dress, but I don't know for daytime :confused:

I didn't need to register to view :)

Here are bigger pictures of the dress, in both colours, might help give a better idea of it.

490852_1.jpg

490852_2.jpg

490852_3.jpg

490851_1.jpg

490851_2.jpg

490851_3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

Defo wear it with leggings or something if you decide to go for it...the red one looks a bit see through at the end...you can almost see her bottom :eek::eek::eek: Presumably the black one is similar!!

líreacán wrote: »
    Defo wear it with leggings or something if you decide to go for it...the red one looks a bit see through at the end...you can almost see her bottom :eek::eek::eek: Presumably the black one is similar!!

Eek, didn't notice that! I think I've gone off it a bit. If it was cotton or jersey type material maybe, but it's viscose, and just think it would end up clinging to leggings or something.

I think they're hideous, but then I think that all strappy sandals are hideous. I suppose if someone was to spend that sort of money on shoes they probably have an awful lot of money and wouldn't think anything of it. It's all relative.
    It's amazing how something so expensive can look so cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I'm giving a talk at a conference on Tuesday, I was thinking of wearing this:

Too dressy?
    Not dressy enough?
    Utterly unsuitable?

QjhxPl.jpg

I will hopefully have less of a 'derpderp' expression on my face when I'm giving the talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Very pretty, not showing cleavage or thigh so it's professional, I like it :)

And oh-so-relevant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I think thats nice :o

Deffo ok for talk

It's a nice length and the design is quite youthful. Good luck with your presentation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I got all excited when I saw dudara had posted last in the WYWT thread.

Sadface to mod note.

Advertisement