Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Islamic school to be founded in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Then why are there non-muslims in it? And homosexuals and other things god apparently hates enough to send to hell? Why would a perfect god create a perfect world with imperfections he feels the need to punish?
    I think it get even better, not only does he create things he seems to hate, he also leaves the option of believing in other gods open.

I love this one personally. There was a thread ages ago and one of the questioned raised was how come people that believed in a god other than the Christian god apparently had their prayers answered? PDN’s response was that he believed the christian god would, on occasion, answer the prayers of believers in other gods. I find this deliciously evil. Worshipping false gods is one of the most heinous sins a person can commit. So, here we have our friend irishconvert praying to allah. Problem is allah does not exist, but he does not know that. So the christian god hears irishconvert’s prayer and answers it, thereby re-enforcing his belief in allah and increasing the likelihood that he will commit to commit the sin of worshipping a false god.

That is quality. Pure evil. Nothing perfect about that.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Call me recist, but why should a bunch of [people]* frrom the 6th century be allowed to build a school in another country of which the major religion is one which is strictly forbidden in Saudi Arabia itself? Shouldnt the Irish government now express its wishes to reciprocate the proposal and build a christian school in Saudi Arabia? Imagine the rebuff they would be landed with. Its beyond beggars belief how the Saudis can be so arrogant as to express such wish while still inforcing a deeply rooted legal ban on all other faiths than Wahhabi Shia faith. Why are they in such position of ascendency?

The world were quick enough to stand up against South Africa, yet even in the 21st century, nobody seems to raise any questions about the deeply racist regime which has been in power in Saudi Arabia for years.... Yeah, they're rich in natural resources etc... but I feel, and perhaps many of you do, the country itself is stuck in the dark ages.

*MOD NOTE*
    Blanket references such as yours aren't helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

You have already attacked our arguments, claiming our purpose is to insult and make theist feel stupid. Now there is nothing wrong with this, a good debate involves the attacking of the opposition arguments (their beliefs), but you dont respect us to allow us the curtesy of doing to your beliefs (your arguments) what you do to ours, and instead of countering our arguments you do the typical theist act and claim disrepect. frankly, at this stage, its getting to be a cliche.

No better time...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

MrPudding wrote: »
    I think it get even better, not only does he create things he seems to hate, he also leaves the option of believing in other gods open.

I love this one personally. There was a thread ages ago and one of the questioned raised was how come people that believed in a god other than the Christian god apparently had their prayers answered? PDN’s response was that he believed the christian god would, on occasion, answer the prayers of believers in other gods. I find this deliciously evil. Worshipping false gods is one of the most heinous sins a person can commit. So, here we have our friend irishconvert praying to allah. Problem is allah does not exist, but he does not know that. So the christian god hears irishconvert’s prayer and answers it, thereby re-enforcing his belief in allah and increasing the likelihood that he will commit to commit the sin of worshipping a false god.

That is quality. Pure evil. Nothing perfect about that.

MrP

Oh? Nothing perfect about that? I would say it's perfectly evil!
    DrEvil.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

fitz0 wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/1209/1224260355637.html

I'm not sure about the rest of you but I don't particularly like the fact that a foreign government has plans (that will probably be allowed) to establish a school in our country. Especially a country so heavily influenced by a religion that is so hostile to our way of life. It seems to me to be a sly way of introducing the Islamic agenda into second and third generation immigrants who might be freeing themselves from the oppressive religion of their parents.

Also the bit about the secondary school is a bit worrying in that it would “achieve a long cherished Muslim ambition.” Is integration into Irish society something they don't want?

What do you all think of this?

no worse than a catholic school

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Call me recist, but why should a bunch of [people]* frrom the 6th century be allowed to build a school in another country of which the major religion is one which is strictly forbidden in Saudi Arabia itself?

...because we aren't Saudi Arabia, thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TheCandystripes

in paris i got in with a load of knackers who were muslim and nearly was gonna convert. these lads were absolute mental. went to an islamic school. this is a bad move for ireland. p.s i have loads of muslim friends and they're cool but just saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

in paris i got in with a load of knackers who were muslim

Presuming that you're using the term "knackers" in the sense of 'given to criminalty' sense, then it might be better to say that they were nominally muslim......A strict wahabi outlook would preclude that kind of thing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Nodin wrote: »
    A strict wahabi outlook would preclude that kind of thing.
    Can't tell if these guys are strict Wahhabi:

There's not much to do in Saudi of a dry Friday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Sorry if this has been answered already, but if such a school is opened, is the Department of Education responsible for vetting the schoolbooks used?

P.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

No, they can teach what they like, as long as they also cover the National Curriculum

recedite wrote: »
    No, they can teach what they like, as long as they also cover the National Curriculum

So they would be free to import Saudi school texts which demonize people of other faiths and urge Jihad?

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

That's not a matter for the Department of Education.
    If they do bring in such material, it depends whether anyone challenges them and whether we have adequate legislation to protect against "incitement to hatred".

recedite wrote: »
    That's not a matter for the Department of Education.
    If they do bring in such material, it depends whether anyone challenges them and whether we have adequate legislation to protect against "incitement to hatred".

It's pretty appalling that anyone can come along, set up a school that teaches hatred, and the government has no say in it.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

this school is not teaching hatared its coming to make a school for many muslim familes here.

if a jewish person came and made a jewish school what will say or any other religion.if the media says so and so abt a certain relgion we dont believe it and go research it.

for the person who classifed muslims "knackers" is wrong becuse they dont mean harm but some just give islam a bad image and Im ashamed from these pple.
    saudi arabai is a relgous country but like any country there is corruption and there is pple who dont practice their religion.
    go crreated haramful things like pple who lead others astray to drugs etc because to test a persons will.life is a test and what you do counts and god is the creater and the watcher.

ayumi wrote: »
    this school is not teaching hatared its coming to make a school for many muslim familes here.

if a jewish person came and made a jewish school what will say or any other religion.if the media says so and so abt a certain relgion we dont believe it and go research it.

Why do Jews always come into it? Needless to say, if a Jewish school here had textbooks comparing Christians and Muslims to monkeys, I would say exactly the same thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Fahad_Academy
    In February 2007 the school was featured on BBC's Newsnight programme[2] where the school's director Dr Sumaya Aluyusuf defended the use of Saudi textbooks describing religions other than Islam as 'worthless', comparing their adherents to pigs and monkeys. The books were later edited, and the controversial descriptions removed.[3] [4]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffm6HbdQWxw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0-jadXUKWM

P.

go crreated haramful things like pple who lead others astray to drugs

You got that wrong bud,

God created drugs before He created people.:)
    (Hey!! I think I finally understood why God created us! He got high one night and while messing with his abiogenesis cauldron out popped Adam. He then realised:

"Oh Fck!")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Malty_T wrote: »
    You got that wrong bud,

(Hey!! I think I finally understood why God created us! He got high one night while messing with his abiogenesis pot so out popped Adam and He realised "Oh Fck!")

That sounds very Bill Hicks-ish right there...

That sounds very Bill Hicks-ish right there...

Yep, it is.:)
    He was great.

Yep, it is.:)
    He was great.
    The world is like a ride at an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it, you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round and it has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud. And it's fun, for a while.

Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: 'Is this real? Or is this just a ride?' And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and they say 'Hey! Don't worry, don't be afraid - ever - because... this is just a ride.' And we kill those people.

'Shut him up! We have a lot invested in this ride! Shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry; look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real.'

It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that - ever notice that? - and we let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because... it's just a ride, and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort. No worry. No job. No savings and money. Just a choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your door, buy bigger guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love, instead, see all of us as one.

Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, into a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defense each year and, instead, spend it feeding, clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would do many times over - not one human being excluded - and we can explore space together, both inner and outer, forever. In peace.

Now there's something to found a school on.

P.

• Advertisement

oceanclub wrote: »
    Why do Jews always come into it? Needless to say, if a Jewish school here had textbooks comparing Christians and Muslims to monkeys, I would say exactly the same thing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Fahad_Academy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffm6HbdQWxw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0-jadXUKWM

P.

I didnt mean jews but even other relgions

Good article from Johann Hari here:

http://www.johannhari.com/2007/02/07/we-all-pay-for-the-saudi-hate-machine
    Which brings us to the swish, swanky classrooms of the King Fahd Academy in West London in the year 2007. A Muslim teacher called Colin Cook has revealed that children there are being taught, via Saudi textbooks, that Jews are "repugnant" and Christians are "pigs". Exercises for five-year olds include the charming exercise, "Mention some repugnant characteristics of Jews." Cook repeatedly heard children in the playground idolising Bin Laden. Challenged on Newsnight about whether she will stop using these racist books, the headteacher Sumaya Alyusuf said, "No.... I cannot withdraw them. There are good chapters in the books."

Why are we surprised? The King Fahd Academy is not a freak. It is part of a deliberate globalised project, led by the House of Saud, that has been documented a hundred times. Azzedine Gaci, the head of the regional Muslim council in Lyons, France explains: "When Saudi Arabia gives you one million euros with one hand, with the other they give you a list of what you must say or not say." Here's some of the things you can say, taken from standard issue Saudi-textbooks. For ten year-olds: "The whole world should convert to Islam and leave its false religions lest their fate will be hell." For twelve year olds: "There is a Jew behind me - come and kill him!"

And what can't you say? Anything about freedom for women, which is, the textbooks explain, "a continuation of the Crusades." A woman can only be taught to "enable her to be a successful housewife, an exemplary wife and a good mother". No need for maths or technology, shabibi, there's the kitchen. They are banned from any form of Physical Education, because it would be "obscene" for them to change their clothes outside the home. Besides, "they might become attracted to each other if they saw each other in leotards", in which case they would have to be killed.

These textbooks are not only being used in Riyadh and a few scattered outposts. Let's look at two very different countries. In Sweden, almost every Islamic school is either funded by the Saudis or seeking out their cash, according to the investigative programme Kaliber. In Pakistan, there were 246 madrassas at the time of independence in 1945. Today there are 6,607 - the vast majority using these Saudi textbooks provided for nada. Every time you fill up with a fresh tank of petrol, you are helping to buy some more.

More at the URL.

P.

I didnt mean jews but even other relgions

You didn't mean Jews? You mean, you just accidentally say "Jews" a lot? It's some weird religious form of Tourette's Syndrome?

P.

You got that wrong bud,

(Hey!! I think I finally understood why God created us! He got high one night and while messing with his abiogenesis cauldron out popped Adam. He then realised:

"Oh Fck!")
    god didnt creat drugs but humans did instead of using and discovering its good uses they ceated drugs.
    and FOR YOUR INFO GOD IS THE ONLY CREATER AND WATCHER AND DONT EVER SAY THAT ABOUT GOD

Tourette's Syndrome?

Learn something new everyday.:)

You didn't mean Jews? You mean, you just accidentally say "Jews" a lot? It's some weird religious form of Tourette's Syndrome?

P.
    I SAID JEWS AS AN EXAMPLE AND BECAUSE ITS ONE OF THE POPULUR RELIGIONS IN THE WORLD

god didnt creat drugs but humans did

Cannabis is a plant.

Cannabis is a drug.

Humans did not create cannabis.

If you are religious, you believe that God created plants.

Therefore, you believe that God created cannabis.

Therefore, you believe that God created a drug.

QED.

P.

god didnt creat drugs but humans did instead of using and discovering its good uses they ceated drugs.
    and FOR YOUR INFO GOD IS THE ONLY CREATER AND WATCHER AND DONT EVER SAY THAT ABOUT GOD

Right so which came first, plants or humans?
    Ans : Plants.
    Drugs are plants.

God created drugs first, sorry reality hurts and all that.

Edit : Damn you ocean and ur quick keyboardz skillz:p

I SAID JEWS AS AN EXAMPLE AND BECAUSE ITS ONE OF THE POPULUR RELIGIONS IN THE WORLD

It's not even in the top 11:

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html
    1.Christianity: 2.1 billion

2.Islam: 1.5 billion

3.Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion

4.Hinduism: 900 million

5.Chinese traditional religion: 394 million

6.Buddhism: 376 million

7.primal-indigenous: 300 million

8.African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million

9.Sikhism: 23 million

10.Juche: 19 million

11.Spiritism: 15 million

Funny how you just mentioned it. Must be that weird syndrome you have. Want to get that checked out, mate.

P.

• Advertisement

Right so which came first, plants or humans?
    Ans : Plants.
    Drugs are plants.

God created drugs first, sorry reality hurts and all that.
    Edit : Damn you ocean and quick keyboardz skillz:p
    PLANTS DID COME BEFORE HUMANS AnD HUMANS DISCOVERED THE PLANTS

Advertisement