Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

That birdie putt on 17 was weak, his chip got away from him a bit. Only consolation was Donald couldn't get it up and down either from near enough the same spot.

Can't find any live scoring from Walton heath:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

benny79 wrote: »
    Whats involved in qualifying tomorrow what does he have to do and does if have to travel for it?

Great day for him hopefully it stands to him, great to see the put on 18 to end on a high even though he was terrible unlucky not to win it!

I think the putt on 18th is a testament to what he can do when his head is in the right place and his confidence is up. He easily could have fallen apart and lost interest once he missed the green right but he stuck to it. The celebration and smile at the end will win him alot of fans.

He was complimentary of Fota having played it a few weeks back, might be worth a sneaky shout for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Whats involved in qualifying tomorrow what does he have to do and does if have to travel for it?

Great day for him hopefully it stands to him, great to see the put on 18 to end on a high even though he was terrible unlucky not to win it!

36 holes today at Walton Heath, only 20 miles from Wentworth.

Started on the new course at 8.59 with Eduardo Molinari.
    Will play the old course at 13.44.

New course is the easier one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

razorblunt wrote: »
    I think the putt on 18th is a testament to what he can do when his head is in the right place and his confidence is up. He easily could have fallen apart and lost interest once he missed the green right but he stuck to it. The celebration and smile at the end will win him alot of fans.

He was complimentary of Fota having played it a few weeks back, might be worth a sneaky shout for that too.

The putt on 18 was a bonus - you get those freaky breaks sometimes. I would rate his eagle and the Birdie on 17 higher. And the regrouping after the double.
    He showed qualities yesterday that if he can sustain he has a bright future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

First Up wrote: »
    The putt on 18 was a bonus - you get those freaky breaks sometimes. I would rate his eagle and the Birdie on 17 higher. And the regrouping after the double.

I thought he missed his birdie putt on 17?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭benny79

36 holes today at Walton Heath, only 20 miles from Wentworth.

Started on the new course at 8.59 with Eduardo Molinari.
    Will play the old course at 13.44.

New course is the easier one.

and does he have to finish first or what? be a hard act to follow 4 days of intense golf day to play 2 rounds in a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

and does he have to finish first or what? be a hard act to follow 4 days of intense golf day to play 2 rounds in a day!

I think its top 10/12 to qualify

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Top 12 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Did he not miss the birdie and slap the putter? I thought he had melted his head at that stage.

10/12 spots, 96 players.

• Advertisement

I thought he missed his birdie putt on 17?

You are right, I was confusing him with Rory on that one. He made lots of clutch putts though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

You are right, I was confusing him with Rory on that one. He made lots of clutch putts though.

Rory birdied 17 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭me89

Top 14 qualify

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

69 for Shane this morning

AGC wrote: »
    69 for Shane this morning

So -3 after playing the easier course.

Last year -3 made the play off, -6 previous year.

Will probably need to go under par on the old course as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭benny79

who sponsors this? do they get money for playing or is it just to qualify for us open?

who sponsors this? do they get money for playing or is it just to qualify for us open?

Just a qualifier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭abff

Are the scores available online anywhere?

abff wrote: »
    Are the scores available online anywhere?

Don't seem to be

Predicted qualifying score is -4

AGC wrote: »
    Don't seem to be

Predicted qualifying score is -4

Report on Sky a while ago had him at -5 but a long way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭John Divney

Is it a tough course?

Is it a tough course?

2 courses, he's on the tougher one now.

Tied 9th with 5 others after first round. Fingers crossed!

Scoring similar on both courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Just looking at the OWGR table, Lowry has played 51 events in the past 24 months and so has a high divisor. It's ironic that if he had taken the first 19 weeks of 2014 off and saved a bundle on air fares to the Gulf, South Africa and Asia, it would have had no effect on his total points (he didn't earn any) but his divisor would now be 43 and he would be ranked in the top 60 (T58 with Richard Sterne) thereby earning an exemption to the US Open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Shane at -6 going down 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭abff

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Shane at -6 going down 15.

Just seen that on Sky sports. You beat me to it! Looking good to qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

• Advertisement

-8 yahoo

Advertisement