Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

https://www.pgatour.com/signature-events/qualification

He is currently in based on his Fedex ranking but there are 4 more weeks to go before the cutoff. Geting back into the top 30 of the world rankings after the Masters would also get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭dublin49

I presume Shane committed to Singapore unaware of how well the last 3 weeks would go.Is he getting a shed load of money for his attendance or is it a sponsor commitment or what is behind this trip.Looks like a strange move given there is a more lucrative PGA Tournament available to him this week.

Not like Shane to play more than 3 weeks in a row,would not be surprised if he doesnt play again until Masters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

He'll have to skip it after winning The Masters

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Shane Favourite in Singapore this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Said as much in his interview after Sawgrass. Wont play again until Augusta.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

Tough conditions for the back 9.

Par 5's were Shane's problem today at level par on them. He finished -3, I'd guess the average for the par 5's was better than -2 for the top thirty. He'd be well up there if he had that score on them. Still he's right in it.

Birdie Fests not Shanes strongest suit,Par 5s play regularly lets him down.Nobody watching them,one thing about the PGA ,they get great crowds out.

Two doubles and will be early start tomorrow

• Advertisement

Finds his feet and a bogey on last to ruin a perfect day

Did Shane does his usual form when gets close to top of leaderboard and gets nervous and drops back. -5 after 11 and then goes 3 bogies in a row. 2 of them par 5’s. Maybe he has a mental struggle when leading on a Sunday when starts looking at leaderboards. Swing goes a bit off. He just seems to be off when he’s in that situation when there’s a fight on to win. Not having a gap or players around not shooting birds

It got extremely hot when he was playing the 11th. He was visibly struggling with it. He wasn't the only one.While waiting to hit his second to the 12th he was down on one knee and drinking lots of liquid. It was very clear he was extremely uncomfortable. He hit an awful second to the 12th, way left and ended up bogeying the hole after being forced to take a drop. He followed that up with two more bogeys. He was never the same for the rest of the round, there was two guys on -14 and three others on -13 when he was playing 12, Micheluzzi, Del Rey, Sharma and Enoch all fell backward around the same time.

Should be consuming liquids constantly during the round and with salts. Drinking loads at one time is just going to flow straight through you. He’ll feel he could have won over last month.

I see he’s dropped to 13th on the signature qualifying list. JT is 12th so a pick gone there if he doesn’t do enough to get into the top 10. I wonder will Shane get a pick or not if required

A good Masters will help I'm sure. Top 20 might be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭big_drive

Looking forward to seeing how Shane tackles Augusta, I'd really give him a great shot at being in the running come Sunday evening

bogeyed 18 and 1st by leaving putts woefully short,needs to perform on par 5s today or unlikely to be around for weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Early in the day, but missing the cut is very likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Xander10

The way the cut line is moving, he has every chance now

Yes, looks like it will be +3/+4 so definitely a good chance for him now.

+4 I wouldn’t be emptying out my locker. 3 is a safe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

As he’s finished on +3, I think it’s safe to assume he will be here for the weekend. I think the cut could actually go to +5, but I guess that depends on how the wind acts up this afternoon.

Hopefully, Shane will do enough over the weekend to get him into the next Signature event.

He definitely hung in there over those final holes.

hopefully they dont stop play as getting better for Shane by minute

His bogeys are from par putts trying to drop in. Playing like a player who’s no confidence with his putter as worried about the one back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What a fantastic shot on 14 for eagle.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Shane is literally where he should be ,makes cut but out it for final round,because hes one of ours we hope against hope that he will defy his standing and figure in the final shake up.Shane is a top 40/50 golfer in the world but he is not top 10,so he will generally struggle to make an impression at Majors unless he is on his A++ game or its a home fixture at the Open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭big_drive

Shane out with Mickelson for final round, hopefully he beats him

Advertisement