Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options
1310311312313314316»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,343 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nice for Rory and Shane to win. A bit anticlimactic how it finished with a missed putt sealing the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭big_drive

Yeah it seems to carry all the benefits of an individual win. Not sure about world ranking points?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭bren2001

I’m not overly sure the relevance of the leaderboard. Cantlay and Xander were there, hardly nobodies. They won and fair play. A wins a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

No OWGR points for team events. Importantly though it gets Shane into the last 3 signature events. Will also put him into the tournament of champions in Hawaii in January which starts the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭dublin49

great for Shane,think he owes Rory big time but this could get him going at just the right time time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,435 ✭✭✭Trampas

Great win for them both. Hopefully gives Shane confidence to get it done as he was nervous when pressure was on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,806 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Yes you could make up strong pairings from others not there...but they still had to go out and win/score in one of the hardest formats in golf.

JT and Spieth would be together and they would.be muck

Yes a Scandinavian team would be unreal ..

And you could pair anyone with Scheffler and they would win it..

Definitely moments like this show impact of LIV as you quickly run out of options trying to pair lads based on OWGR ...

Golf is a mess..

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭GolfPar

Shane jumps from 41st to 12th in the Fedex rankings so the week has given him a massive boost in terms of that.

I say most of the top pros can’t be arsed playing this week and treat it as a week off. I assume morikawa is playing due to him sponsored by Zurich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Winning is hard, it didn't matter who was on the leaderboard, Shane was still feeling it. It's his first regular PGA Tour win.

You can see how grateful he was to Rory and Rory looks like he had a great week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭big_drive

They well regardless of who else was up on leaderboard. Foursomes is hard going no matter what level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

He won the WGC Bridgestone. Called an invitational, is that why you don't count it?

Whereas Rory will presumably have gained a fair degree of confidence from the win - some great driving, and that last pitch on 18 - I think the biggest thing for Shane is the FedEx points and exemptions. H

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

$1.3m, nothing to be sniffed at, especially the FedEx as just pointed out

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

WGC, so they didn't have a regular PGA tour field, limited field, more international players etc

Of course this one isn't really regular tour event either but he'll take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Great to see Shane at last top of the leaderboard after round 4. I know it's a different type of event, but it's a win for him along with Rory.Well done to them.

shane still celebrating the win going by todays round

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Another tournament with no pressure to make the cut and he's still unable to challenge. Very poor.

Post edited by TheRiverman on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭dublin49

Very poor putting ,bad luck on plugged bunkers and then runs out of patience and hits water.Hard to believe he can be nearly 20 shots behind after 3 rounds,not at races currently .Unless Rory is his partner.

Advertisement