Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Ataboy Shane. That's more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭dublin49

etxp wrote: »
    He needs a -6 today at least. I think he will comfortably make the cut but he needs to be near the top for Ryder cup points.

OK WHAT DO YOU WANT TOMORROW

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Great round, well done Shane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Good stuff so far, just outside the top 10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Great round, going to need to repeat it today and tomorrow for a chance at the win though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Great round, going to need to repeat it today and tomorrow for a chance at the win though.

Top 10 or top 5 would be a good result and another move in the right direction, keep the momentum building.

Shane is not a prolific winner, so I'd prefer he kept the win for one of the summer's really big prizes :D

Shane looks like he's stripping it today, 3 birdies through 6 but one bad swing and a double on 4. Missed a couple of makeable ones too.

His game is definitely taking shape though :)

Need Cink to comeback to field today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭boardise

Tame fizzle out for Shane after a bright enough start. Still a slight sniff at a top twenty if putter heats up to produce a round in the mid sixties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

4 under thru 14. tied 11th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Probably needs 2 more at least to stay there given the players around him have only played a few holes. Top 10 would be a great result after yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Nice move but looks like too little too late still could sneak a top 10.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

39 foot birdie on 17th for 11 under,good going today although only birdied one of 3 par 5s

Holed some beauties today did Lowry including at the difficult par 3 14th also. He has been striking it beautifully in recent times and now he is finally he is starting to get a good feel on the greens which is huge.

With a top 10 at the players and another strong finish here in harbour town, the pride of Offaly can certainly look ahead to a very productive summer and please God that he can achieve his main goal and make that Europe Ryder cup team in whistling straits come September time.

Two weeks off before he gets going again in Quail Hollow for the Wells Fargo championship. Really feel that a win is around the corner for Shane. Exciting times ahead for sure.

yeah 2 really good days .one poor day.Its Cinks week anyway.But top tens are good.Strange to take 2 weeks off when starting to put it together ,but what do I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Great finish today, good to see some consistency returning to his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Great finish today, good to see some consistency returning to his game.

Far from consistent....that is why he wasnt in contention

Btw when does it go to 1.5 X for Ryder Cup points, or has it already??

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭vapor trails

I'd love to know what the average scoring is for Irish players on Saturday. I feel like between himself and McIlroy they just don't play well on Saturdays

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭paulos53

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Far from consistent....that is why he wasnt in contention

Btw when does it go to 1.5 X for Ryder Cup points, or has it already??

It has been 1.5 since the start of the year and lasts for another 3 weeks. Then it is double points

dublin49 wrote: »
    yeah 2 really good days .one poor day.Its Cinks week anyway.But top tens are good.Strange to take 2 weeks off when starting to put it together ,but what do I know.

He's played 7 out of the last 8 weeks so no harm to recharge the batteries I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭boardise

He carded 20 birdies which is tied second at this stage.
    One feature I had noticed myself from watching shot tracker is that his bunker play needs to be sharpened up ... he got up and down only once from 5 attempts - tied 120th If he can work on this and keep the putting sweet he can look forward to many more high finishes through the summer.

paulos53 wrote: »
    It has been 1.5 since the start of the year and lasts for another 3 weeks. Then it is double points

Ah that is what I meant. I knew there was three levels and thought it was x0.5, x1 and x1.5

Its still hard to see him getting a pick ahead of MACINTYRE, Sergio GARCIA, Danny WILLETT (maybe), Justin ROSE or Bernd WIESBERGER

Another positive week for Shane, he's definitely trending in the right direction.

A couple of weeks off is no harm, with all the big events to come. With double points in the USPGA and US Open coming up, he mightn't be worrying about the Ryder Cup for too much longer.

Ah that is what I meant. I knew there was three levels and thought it was x0.5, x1 and x1.5

Its still hard to see him getting a pick ahead of MACINTYRE, Sergio GARCIA, Danny WILLETT (maybe), Justin ROSE or Bernd WIESBERGER

He is absolutely ahead of MacIntyre, Willett and Wiesberger for a pick as things currently stand based on what they have experience wise, what they have won recently and current form.

As in if you combine all 3 he is ahead of them combined.

Exactly wrote: »
    He is absolutely ahead of MacIntyre, Willett and Wiesberger for a pick as things currently stand based on what they have experience wise, what they have won recently and current form.

As in if you combine all 3 he is ahead of them combined.

Some pro Irish bias there. On merit all 3 of those have more points that him

I would have Wiesberger well ahead of him. MacIntyre just ahead of him in what is race for last spot as it stands

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

I would have Wiesberger well ahead of him. MacIntyre just ahead of him in what is race for last spot as it stands

Have they won a major by any chance? You must be joking.

Have they won a major by any chance? You must be joking.

Are you serious? They have all earned more points than him in the qualifying

And yes Willett, the one I rank him ahead of has won a Masters for what it is worth

The way he is playing at the minute 50% of his rounds would be automatic losses. And I wouldnt want to be paired with him in foursomes. He would be a decent fourball player to have. But he is currently a liability in 2 or the 3 formats

It sometimes comes across that you have an anti-Irish bias.

The Ryder Cup team is not picked today nor for another 4 months with countless big tournaments ahead.

Shane is a better big tournament player than those guys, which he has proven once again recently, and will again over the summer.

There's not a snowballs chance Padraig picks Bernd over Shane if they're anywhere close to each other on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Shane has had 0 top 5s and just 3 top 10s since his Open win nearly 2 years ago. If that standard can get on the European Ryder Cup team then I am worried that a battering will be coming.

• Advertisement

It sometimes comes across that you have an anti-Irish bias.

The Ryder Cup team is not picked today nor for another 4 months with countless big tournaments ahead.

Shane is a better big tournament player than those guys, which he has proven once again recently, and will again over the summer.

There's not a snowballs chance Padraic picks Bernt over Shane if they're anywhere close to each other on the list.

What I am trying to do is remove bias from my opinion. Most people struggle to do that

Advertisement