Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Rose moves above him in Ryder Cup rankings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Was impressed with his golf. He just couldn't buy a putt, but seems to be rolling them nicely dlso that will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Was impressed with his golf. He just couldn't buy a putt, but seems to be rolling them nicely dlso that will come.

He said he was happy with his putting coming into the Masters.
    I thought the new grip would take more time but yea it did look like he had a smooth action.
    He is driving the ball beautifully. Looks effortless.
    IF he can get the putter scoring he will be a real contender at the USPGA (Kiawah Island) next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,102 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Given the new quarantine rules, it looks like he may be giving the Irish Open a miss.

Early days yet but that seems to be the position at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Neewollah

Watched most of his shots on the Masters app this week. Was really impressed with him from tee to green particularly the final round yesterday. His iron play was superb. Unfortunately got punished every time he hit a wayward shot, Drives on 1 and 18, 3 putt on 9 and into the water on 12.

Just didn't get his fair share of birdie putts all week. Seemed to miss a lot low which is easy to do on those greens I'd imagine.

I think all the signs going forward are positive. If the putts start rolling in I'd fancy him to win in the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭dublin49

Must say the Masters APP was brillant for following Shane,every shot available ,hope the other Majors go with the same facility.Doubt the pay per view providers will be too happy though.Pointless watching SKY etc as they barely cover any of his shots.They wud prefer to Show Mickleson taking a pee than show Shane making birdies,was the same with Haro and Tiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

dublin49 wrote: »
    Must say the Masters APP was brillant for following Shane,every shot available ,hope the other Majors go with the same facility.Doubt the pay per view providers will be too happy though.Pointless watching SKY etc as they barely cover any of his shots.They wud prefer to Show Mickleson taking a pee than show Shane making birdies,was the same with Haro and Tiger.

Shane was on shot tracker on Sky on Friday and I think Thursday as well.

Pdoghue wrote: »

He was actually on screen a fair bit this week. Partnering with Rose helped that.

The Masters website is one of the best I’ve ever seen though. So impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

sky dont have cameras at the masters surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,339 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

They showed nearly every shot he hit on the coverage on Thursday and Friday. He was in the featured group. If he was in contention they would have shown him a lot more over the weekend too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Pdoghue wrote: »

Featured group I meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

The Masters have built this capability over the course of the last 10 years (partnered with IBM) specifically for their tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The Masters have built this capability over the course of the last 10 years (partnered with IBM) specifically for their tournament.

It really is the gold standard now. We can only hope the PGA introduce this feature in future although I'm sure it wouldn't be free like it is with the Masters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Because they record every shot the highlight reels for the masters are great and they can tell a better story then "here's the single shot we have for matsuyama for the first 2 days of the tournament" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Was hoping he'd be on the featured group again here, but he's not, birdie on the first though :)

They have a featured group if Munoz, Durcan and Smith and I have no idea why, apart form Cameron Smith and even then?

Hopefully a good week for Shane on a course that suits and the keep the train going in the right direction ahead of a big summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Who's on the bag for Shane?

paulie21 wrote: »
    Who's on the bag for Shane?

Niemann's Caddy. Known as The Animal apparently.

Two chip ins for Shane in his last 3 holes in his first nine holes of the rbc heritage at the beautiful harbour town golf links in South Carolina and Lowry is out in 2 under 33. Another 33 shots or less for his second nine will do quite nicely indeed for this Offaly magician around the greens.

Two chip ins for Shane in his last 3 holes in his first nine holes of the rbc heritage at the beautiful harbour town golf links in South Carolina and Lowry is out in 2 under 33. Another 33 shots or less for his second nine will do quite nicely indeed for this Offaly magician around the greens.

I always think 2 or 3 chip ins are not really a good sign as could probably just as easy been bogeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭boardise

Birdie-Bogey-Birdie-Bogey-Birdie-Bogey..just can't get on a roll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

I always think 2 or 3 chip ins are not really a good sign as could probably just as easy been bogeys.

Has probably the smallest greens on tour though, so chipping in is almost a pre-requisite to success around there.

I think even Boo Weekly used to chip in when winning around at Harbour Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

boardise wrote: »

Birdie on his 18th (the 9th). Good score in the morning sets him up for the weekend.

birdie finish will make him feel slightly better,Doubt he will be happy with that though,thats the problem with the normal Tournaments.If you shoot close to level par in first round you are so far behind you have to shoot the lights out on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

He needs a -6 today at least. I think he will comfortably make the cut but he needs to be near the top for Ryder cup points.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

boardise wrote: »

In that streak, two of the birdies were chip ins, which obviously isn't sustainable.

Not about not being able to get on a roll. He actually rescued a potentially really ugly 6 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

The 3 ball of Shane, Poulter and Perez seem to be pushing each other on.

on 7th ,201 to green ,2ft to hole,shud be -4 for day in a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Looking good so far today.

Looking good so far today.

Probably trying to win a tenner off poulter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

65 today. 3 shots off lead currently

Advertisement