Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shane Lowry - 2019 Champion Golfer of The Year (note first post please for posting guidance)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭Panrich

Good luck to Shane today.

Having so many of his golfing buddies there will have helped him get through the build-up. Hoping for a good start and take it from there. He is the kind of guy who could put a string of birdies together if he gets going around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I don't think Shane is ready for Augusta. Wouldn't be surprised if he hits 80, 80 tomorrow and Friday.

I know very little about Golf as ive only started following it recently.

However - my understanding - is that to get to even be in the field in the first place - you need to be performing in terms of things like word rankings - or winning events.

The reason Padraig Harringtons in it this year - is because he won the Honda - which allowed him qualify by virtue of his win.

Others may be there because they've won the event before - and others are there due to world ranking - that's my understanding.

Shanes there because he has achieved a level of performance to get him there.

He WILL learn from the experience - and be the better for it - whether its a good week or a tough difficult one

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

I don't think Shane is ready for Augusta. Wouldn't be surprised if he hits 80, 80 tomorrow and Friday.

Delighted you were wrong anyway.

Lowry finished on 75, +3 for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Delighted you were wrong anyway.

Lowry finished on 75, +3 for the day.

Thing to remember is Augusta looks a seriously tough course.

He was +5 at one point I THINK - so nice work to get back to +3

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Delighted with the recovery to 3 over. Tomorrow is another day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

He realistically something needs something under par today to make it to the weekend; Assuming the 10 shot rule comes into play Bubba was -7 at the end of rnd 2 last year, 2013 the lead was -6 & 2012 -5 with Rory -12 in 2011 being the odd one out.
    If Speith hits par than it's likely Shane needs a red number to be back on Saturday, but he had 4 birdies yesterday which proves he can make the shots. The couple of horror holes cost him, if he gets rid of those he will be fine, big if though....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

1 under through 2, solid start. Another birdie or two and he'll make the cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭endabob1

allybhoy wrote: »
    1 under through 2, solid start. Another birdie or two and he'll make the cut.

Looks to be going along nicely today, lets hope he keeps it on track

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tessat

I really like Shane from watching him since that first Open win. I will admit I was surprised he chose to turn pro so fast but more power to him. He is really growing as a golfer and how fantastic is it to see another golfer at the masters flying the Irish flag? The experience will stand to him in the long term. I'm tracking him on the masters website, I guess that's the best we can do without live coverage.

Missed a big chance at 8 from 6ft. Hope he keeps his cool and keeps up the steady play. Lots of others finding it tough today.

• Advertisement

Found the same bunker that cost him a shot at 10 yesterday. Two poor iron shots in a row now.

In the trees now

tessat wrote: »
    In the trees now

Uh oh.....maybe I shouldn't have checked this thread! :(

Where are you getting these updates, out of interest?

I can't post links as I don't have enough posts it's on the masters website.
    He just got out and has a 13ft for par.

I can't post links as I don't have enough posts it's on the masters website.
    He just got out and has a 13ft for par.

Good news.....and thanks for the infor.

I have fears for Shane at 13 if the tracker is accurate.

Is he n the water on 15?????

Yes :(

Yes :(

Another bogey. Cut looking unlikely now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Birdie at 17, go on

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

In greenside bunker on 18. Probably needs to hole it to make cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭me89

maudgone wrote: »
    In greenside bunker on 18. Probably needs to hole it to make cut.

+3 should make it

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Maths1

a bit reckless to go for the green on the 15th

me89 wrote: »
    +3 should make it

Will need help from other players, +2 projected cut now.

Touch and go. I'd love him to make the cut - great experience for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 midlander69

Good finish from Shane, it would be great if he made it. How is the cut off score determined ?

Good finish from Shane, it would be great if he made it. How is the cut off score determined ?

Top 50 plus ties make cut. Currently 56 players on +2 or better. He needs at least 6 players to drop back to +3, and none of the ones on +3 or worse to improve. Currently 13 players on +2, and a further 9 players on +1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

I'm pretty sure he'll make the cut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I'm pretty sure he'll make the cut.

I dont think he will, can see him ending up 51st or 52nd.

Advertisement