Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I Irish?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

ION08 wrote: »
    Ok so by this logic, "fully Irish" people that got to Australia on a 1 yr visa, decide to settle there and a few years later are awarded Australian citizenship (and still get to keep their Irish Citizenship) are not Irish at all in your book :rolleyes: . youve come out with some amount of crap in this thread

if thats the case then they are irish, why should they be rewarded Citizenship just for staying there for just a year !

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lirael

robbie_998 wrote: »
    if thats the case then they are irish, why should they be rewarded Citizenship just for staying there for just a year !

not 1 yr but FEW years :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Dr_Phil wrote: »
    My issue is that I would like to know what people think. Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no hidden context.

Given your previous posts about 'pieces of paper', I believe there is hidden context. Sorry to be a stickler for detail, but you've yet to deliver here. Or is it that you wish to expose that Irish people can't tell the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

Lirael wrote: »
    it is as simple as ABC

me - if I would ever be awarded Irish citizenship I would never be Irish as I wasn't born there, no matter how much would I assimilate ...

This would be my country I lived in, I would admire it, I would abide the law but this would always be only a place I live in ...

there will always be a homesickeness
    Spot on.

I think that there is no point - totally - no point in loving this country. Ah, screw it as much as you can because it's people will never let you be a part of it = so there is absolutely NO reason to care at all. And I have a funny feeling that the Irish would say "well then, don't, f*** off back to your country" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

every person born in the island of ireland, which includes its island and seas, to be part of the irish nation. That is also the entitlement of all the persons otherwise qualified in accordance with law to be citizens of Ireland.futuremore, the Irish nation cherishes its special affinity with people of Irish ancestry living abroad who shares its cultural identity and heritage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Youre just contradicting yourself now, you havent got a clue

PS i said a FEW years, read the post properly

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Lirael

Spot on.

I think that there is no point - totally - no point in loving this country. Ah, screw it as much as you can because it's people will never let you be a part of it = so there is absolutely NO reason to care at all. And I have a funny feeling that the Irish would say "well then, don't, f*** off back to your country" :D

of course - the narrow minded ;)

truly - I don't care ... :P

Youre just contradicting yourself now, you havent got a clue

how ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

just a question for everyone else responding to this thread,what are your surnames?

Abigayle wrote: »
    I believe there is hidden context.
    I don't wanna sound smart or anything but your beliefs are least of my concerns at the moment.

There is no hidden context, unless you're point is, that there's always a hidden context when someone decides to post?

• Advertisement

your either irish or your not.

none of this having 2 passports/nationality crap, only one passport !

Ok so by this logic, "fully Irish" people that got to Australia on a 1 yr visa, decide to settle there and a few years later are awarded Australian citizenship (and still get to keep their Irish Citizenship) are not Irish at all in your book :rolleyes: . youve come out with some amount of crap in this thread

....Thats how :rolleyes:

cruiser178 wrote: »
    just a question for everyone else responding to this thread,what are your surnames?

nahasapeemapetilon

as if ;)

....Thats how :rolleyes:

yes as in they should not really be rewarded aussie Citizenship just for staying there for a year. did i not make that clear ?

your still irish, even if you settled in aussie land, born in ireland with irish roots etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Bond ......James Bond :cool:

nahasapeemapetilon

as if ;)
    hiding behind your username much?

I don't wanna sound smart or anything but your beliefs are least of my concerns at the moment.

There is no hidden context, unless you're point is, that there's always a hidden context when someone decides to post?
    Of course there is. You've yet to make an actual point.

Get off of the fence and say what you want to say, or is this a shit-stirring thing?

hiding behind your username much?

you were asking for it there :P

yes as in they should not really be rewarded aussie Citizenship just for staying there for a year. did i not make that clear ?

your still irish, even if you settled in aussie land, born in ireland with irish roots etc.

NO - what you said was....

"your either irish or your not.

none of this having 2 passports/nationality crap, only one passport !"

So I completely blew your narrow minded point out of the water

And also, I told you twice you dont get OZ citizenship after just 1 year. READ the post, i said a FEW years or can you not read.

is this a shit-stirring thing?
    Whatever makes you happy luv ;)

Latchy wrote: »
    Bond ......James Bond :cool:
    thats a tan name

• Advertisement

NO - what you said was....

So I completely blew your narrow minded point out of the water

And also, I told you twice you dont get OZ citizenship after just 1 year. READ the post, i said a FEW years or can you not read.

somebody wanna translate this crap please ?

i cant see what he's trying to say here.

basically what im trying to say is if your born in ireland with irish parents etc. then your irish, end off, i dont care how long your in aussie land for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Everyones irish after enough Paddy whiskey ffs........

have i missed something????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

thats a tan name
    No it's just a name like any other name ie ..A N Udder Name

except maybe not an irish one
    have i missed something????
    That knoxy one got 27 years

Whatever makes you happy luv ;)

I'd be rather happy if you answered my post, it is your thread after all.

Latchy wrote: »
    No it's just a name like any other name ie ..A N Udder Name

except maybe not an irish one

That knoxy one got 27 years
    and your second name latchy is ??

I'd be rather happy if you answered my post, it is your thread after all.
    Alright, tell me what you wanna hear, I tell you everything just leave me alone :)

somebody wanna translate this crap please ?

i cant see what he's trying to say here.

basically what im trying to say is if your born in ireland with irish parents etc. then your irish, end off, i dont care how long your in aussie land for.

Oh my god man, Do you not speak English???
    Or are you really that intellectually challenged. How can I spell it out for you even clearer ....

1) Your made the following point earlier:

2) I put forward a scenario about a "fully Irish" person going to OZ, settling there and a few years later getting Oz citizenship. In which case they would have 2 citizenships ( 1 + 1 = 2) - therefore - by your logic - they wouldnt be irish any more (see your point 1. above)

3) You then said, oh no, well they would actually still be irish. --- Which is completely conflicting with your first point (point 1) and totally contradictory - highlighting that you havent got a clue what youre talking about ( and that you also cant read properly and seem a bit intelectually challanged)

and your second name latchy is ??
    As a matter of curiosity: how's "cruiser" in Gealic?

• Advertisement

Oh my god man, Do you not speak English???
    Or are you really that intellectually challenged. How can I spell it out for you even clearer ....

1) Your made the following point earlier:

2) I put forward a scenario about a "fully Irish" person going to OZ, settling there and a few years later getting Oz citizenship. In which case they would have 2 citizenships ( 1 + 1 = 2) - therefore - by your logic - they wouldnt be irish any more (see your point 1. above)

3) You then said, oh no, well they would actually still be irish. --- Which is completely conflicting with your first point (point 1) and totally contradictory - highlighting that you havent got a clue what youre talking about ( and that you also cant read properly and seem a bit intelectually challanged)

ok, but what im trying to say is just because you have OZ citizenship dont mean your not irish, you still have irish roots and were born in ireland, your irish.

if im honest being granted citizenship after a few years just because you live there is crap, dont see why that should be there in the first place !

Advertisement