Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rage against the machine for christmas number 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

This was done last year with Jeff Buckley's cover of Hallelujah to stop that other woeful bint's cover getting to number 1... she still got the top spot but Jeff got to 5 or something like that which was pretty cool! Also Cohen's original got into the top 20 or 30 afair

Still a good idea for this year though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Why does it have to be Rage Against the Machine though?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Because rage against the machine rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Caco wrote: »
    This was done last year with Jeff Buckley's cover of Hallelujah to stop that other woeful bint's cover getting to number 1... she still got the top spot but Jeff got to 5 or something like that which was pretty cool! Also Cohen's original got into the top 20 or 30 afair

Still a good idea for this year though :D

Jesus yeah they MURDERED Hallelujah. And its still going on - did you see the end of the latelate where they had a school choir singing it - OMG it was f**king painful. They even corrected the grammar. Instead of saying ye they said you in the overly annunciated elocution type way. It was terrible.

Although I couldn't help but smirk that the teacher and probably the xfactor bint were under the illusion that it was a religious hymn when actually the song is about sex and stuff.....lol:D

Edit: o forgot the topic. Great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭gandhi123

Sound dodge to me.. like could easily be some1 from RATM's label or what not.. fantastic bit off viral marketing if it is thou considering the amount of ppl who hate Xfactor and the number of idiots on the web...

Would it not be better to get something older and more obscure to number 1?

Mambo #5 anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

gandhi123 wrote: »
    Sound dodge to me.. like could easily be some1 from RATM's label or what not.. fantastic bit off viral marketing if it is thou considering the amount of ppl who hate Xfactor and the number of idiots on the web...

Would it not be better to get something older and more obscure to number 1?

Mambo #5 anyone?

But who cares ?
    Great song. Great idea. Great message. F**k you I won't do what you tell me.Even the band name is perfect. Rage against the Machine!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Rage against the machine are so juvenile.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

gandhi123 wrote: »

Could be. It's a funny idea though and I like the band and the song. Plus the irony of people singing "Fúck you, I won't do what you tell me!" while doing exactly what this group has told them to do is unbelievably funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Christmas No.1 ... right here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Now, now, that band is just too strong for my tastes. What's wrong with Bruce Springsteen?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Killing in the name is a ****ing awesome song.

End of.

Let that not be the debate here folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lee_

so like buy the track on i tunes??

how much will it cost?

lee_ wrote: »
    so like buy the track on i tunes??

how much will it cost?

Because they will count towards the chart results. I think someone on the fan page said it was 79p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Christmas number 1??? Remember where you heard it first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Sleepeee

super-rush wrote: »
    Christmas number 1??? Remember where you heard it first.

HAHAHA!!! John Joe you legend!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

m83 wrote: »
    Christmas No.1 ... right here...

You Just commited a holocaust in my ears...

Your a bad bad (wo)man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Kittykook

awesome idea!...it won't happen though because most people prefer unoriginal crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

577,000 singles sold to get to number one in the UK last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Too right, my fav ****in band. They need to release more stuff damn it!

& if this isnt raging against the machine , I dunno what is. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KaraNicole

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=info&gid=2228594104

This a ****ing brilliant idea. To stop some x factor thing getting to number 1, this group is trying to get people to buy killing in the name of by Rage against the machine between the 13th and the 20th of this month. How cool would it be to see RATM get the christmas number one. :)

Check out this blog about it!!

http://fashaddict.wordpress.com/2009/12/08/killing-in-the-name-of-christmas/

So many members this could actually happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

I'd much rather see the muppets get Christmas number one over X Factor and that tripe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

Just a reminder in Ireland the charts only count between the 18th and 24th so dont buy till then.
    If your in the UK you can buy from the 13th till the 24th afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Walsh wrote: »
    I'd much rather see the muppets get Christmas number one over X Factor and that tripe.

Fair enough you don't like RATM. But seeing them make the Christmas no.1 is much much more impressive and ridiculous than the muppets, (yes, I know the irony of using ridiculous against the muppets!) because RATM are a band that would never ever make it to no.1 otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

No.22 behind such musical legends such as Jason Derulo, Ke$ha, The Saturdays and most painful of all...................... WESTLIFE :(

No.22 behind such musical legends such as Jason Derulo, Ke$ha, The Saturdays and most painful of all...................... WESTLIFE :(

It's too early to start buying it in Ireland for it to count towards the Christmas #1 sales.

It will only count from Dec 18th on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

where's the facebook page gone?

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    where's the facebook page gone?

Supposedly it's down every so often; too busy, over 700,000 members and all that. Some say it's been shut-down on purpose, conspiracy etc etc.

UK 'back-up' Group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...id=37655682127

Irish Group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...d=231784611232

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Id imagine the whole "**** you i wont do what you tell me" thing is as far from a song that one of those gimps from the x factor would sing :D

Advertisement