Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Understandable but disappointing

I'd love to see a team like the Lions or the Bucs
    HBO's popular "Hard Knocks" series has apparently joined the Hall of Fame game as a casualty of the NFL lockout.

The seventh season of the show has been canceled, according to Sports Illustrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Adam Schefter says both sides have agreed on the CBA and it's now a formality.

Get the fúck in :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Adam Schefter says both sides have agreed on the CBA and it's now a formality.

Get the fúck in :)

Training camp to begin on Wednesday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Get ready for the madness to begin tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but I didn't want to create a new one. Can anybody tell me if it is hard to get to the gillete stadium from downtown Boston and what is the best way of getting there? Thanks.

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Sorry if this is in the wrong thread but I didn't want to create a new one. Can anybody tell me if it is hard to get to the gillete stadium from downtown Boston and what is the best way of getting there? Thanks.

It's in Foxboro, about an hour outside Boston. When I was staying in Cape Cod. We rented a car. I'd only recommend going if you were going to a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

We had a car, it's a good bit out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Yeah I'm going to a MLS game over there since there is no american football on when I'm there. I'll have a look to see if there is buses or trains going there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

If you're going to a game, on gamedays there is a train from South Station (main train station in downtown Boston) that generally leaves 1.5hrs before the game and takes about an hour to get to Gillette and then leaves 30 mins after the game back to Boston. It was $12 return last season.

If you're going on a non-gameday, car is the only way.

• Advertisement

It's in Foxboro, about an hour outside Boston. When I was staying in Cape Cod. We rented a car. I'd only recommend going if you were going to a game.

Patriot place which is next door to Gillette Stadium, there are a bunch of shops and restaurants if you do go on non game day. And of course, there is the Hall at Patriot Place, which i want to go see someday.

Worst thing about the train is that it doesnt leave you much time to look around, its straight in and out of the stadium.

Yeah I'm going to a MLS game over there since there is no american football on when I'm there. I'll have a look to see if there is buses or trains going there.

Unfortunately there is no train for Rev games, so car is you only option. But at least you can tailgate :cool:

Patriots reveal back up plan if Brady gets hurt.

Vince-Wilfork.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Patriots reveal back up plan if Brady gets hurt.

Vince-Wilfork.jpg

imagine trying to sack him haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Looks like Rohan Davey...

Don't ask Big Vince to do a seven or so step dropback anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Looks like Rohan Davey...

Don't ask Big Vince to do a seven or so step dropback anyways!

haha remember Davey :D 6'3 and supposedly only 250 pounds more like 280 :D

Pic of him in 2007 :D

Kansas+City+Brigade+v+New+York+Dragons+YOBLfq31xYKl.jpg

Or this legend Jared Lorenzen:

090The-Pillsbury-Throwboy-Jared-Lorenzen.jpg

JaredLorenzenwillsoonbellybumpRikishi-1.jpg

Lorenzen_scary_full_length_shot.jpg

How he was allowed to play QB with that physique is beyond me, his arm must have been incredible in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,367 ✭✭✭davetherave

Jaysus. He's a big 'un anyway. :eek:

Same number of Superbowl rings as Peyton Manning too ;)

http://www.cnbc.com/id/41312370

Some big names here

Some you'd feel sorry for like Mark Brunell who is a good guy but made some bad investments.

Others like LT (the original) or Mike Vick you may feel less sorry for

• Advertisement

Just a heads up, Pats Ravens from 2007 is on ESPN at 8. Cracking game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,227 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Future Hall-of-Fame wide receiver Randy Moss has decided to retire rather than continue playing, agent Joel Segal said.
    "After weighing his options and contemplating offers, he's decided to retire," said Randy Moss' agent, Joel Segal.

Is there anything weirder than a middle-aged man getting a tribal tattoo on their calf?

Rex Ryan's new tattoo:
    r_ryan_110801_ia.jpg

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/08/01/ryan-saves-creativity-to-play-calling-not-tattoos/

Hazys wrote: »
    Is there anything weirder than a middle-aged man getting a tribal tattoo on his calf

How about a middle aged man with a tattoo on his calf who likes to videotape other men worship his wife's feet?

Chris Kluwe gets better each week. Here he is with a video of the negotiations between him and McNabb over the allocation of number five to Donovan.

Very funny. http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Kluwe-McNabb-Agree-To-Terms-On-No-5/d276a4b4-fdee-47cb-8ea7-d3761ea53e3a

Kluwe drives a hard bargain. See demand number three for example. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Rob Ryan the DC of the cowboys has said the eagles are a team of hype. Thats funny that a member of the cowboys can call anyone else a hype team. Pot kettle black.

Fits this thread I reckon
    The heat that quarterback Chad Henne is feeling in Miami right now has nothing to do with the blazing-hot South Florida sun.

After a few missteps during a Monday night scrimmage at Sun Life Stadium, Henne was booed by the 10,000+ fans in attendance.

Then, it got worse.

According to Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, after a pass intended for tight end Anthony Fasano was broken up by linebacker Jonathan Freeny, the crowd started chanting, “We want Kyle Orton.”

I can't remember reading of chanting and booing in training camp before.

Apparently Julio Jones is blowing minds in Atlanta. Plenty of sources saying he's been spectacular in training camp. I reckon he'll be a red zone monster this year.

mikemac wrote: »
    Fits this thread I reckon

I can't remember reading of chanting and booing in training camp before.

I think that's pretty ****ty on behalf of the fans, Henne must feel the world of pressure on him. Whatever the decision the owners make should be taken by the fans and get on with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭billo.d86

Anyone think the Raiders are stupid to let there top offensive player of last go, Zach Miller was a huge part of the offense.

I know Alge Crumpler and Kevin Boss are still free agents but Miller will be hard to replace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement