Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

just saw a picture of Al Davis there with the Raiders announcing the new coach. I didnt realise how old and frail looking he has gotten. Jeez, he looks like he could drop at any moment, looks so gaunt and weak. Having a plaster stuck on his forhead probably doesnt help things either.

img14734791.jpg

108128701_display_image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

All those years of masquerading as Skeletor, the arch nemesis of He-Man and the rest of the Masters of the Universe have really caught up with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

As much as i think Al Davis is as mad as a hatter and how much he is hurting the progression of the Raiders, i have to give him credit for how much fire he has in his belly and how much fight there is left in him at his age. He has the same F U mentality he had back in the days when he was fighting with Pete Rozelle and when the Raiders were winning as he does today.

TBH i rather meet a Raiders' Linebacker down a dark alleyway rather than Al Davis...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/619225-oakland-raider-owner-al-davis-still-at-war-with-the-nfl

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Hazys wrote: »
    As much as i think Al Davis is as mad as a hatter and how much he is hurting the progression of the Raiders, i have to give him credit for how much fire he has in his belly and how much fight there is left in him at his age. He has the same F U mentality he had back in the days when he was fighting with Pete Rozelle and when the Raiders were winning as he does today.

TBH i rather meet a Raiders' Linebacker down a dark alleyway rather than Al Davis...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/619225-oakland-raider-owner-al-davis-still-at-war-with-the-nfl

Still, it may be admirable but it's the wrong attitude to have in charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

NY Jets Centre Nick Mangold's Sister Holly:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

NY Jets Centre Nick Mangold's Sister Holly:

wheres the American Andy Gray when you need him?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dizzya

So, Mr. Ashomougha (Spelling anyone?). Eagles bound? I think so.

Also, Rexy has said that we will win the SuperBowl this year. And quite frankly, I have to agree! I mean, we lost out narrowly to the Pittsburgh Steelers in what was an amazing second half performance. I mean, we had two safety's in two games on Ben last year! But as you will all know, a devestating first half performance saw us just crumble. But thankfully, Nick Folk but the points on the board that gave us life!

Any other Jets here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Dizzya wrote: »
    Asomugha

Im still raging over that contract allowing him to be released tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭D.R Adams

Any other Jets here?

Yeh right here buddy, i also think next year will be a great year for the Jets. Rex seems to have them playing well as a team and if he can keep the current crop of players together i think they will make the Superbowl.
    Sanchez is really proving the doubters wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Also, Rexy has said that we will win the SuperBowl this year. And quite frankly, I have to agree! I mean, we lost out narrowly to the Pittsburgh Steelers in what was an amazing second half performance. I mean, we had two safety's in two games on Ben last year! But as you will all know, a devestating first half performance saw us just crumble. But thankfully, Nick Folk but the points on the board that gave us life!

Any other Jets here?

You're kidding right? :pac:

Next season will be blissfully average for my Broncos I feel...but after spending most of last year as a punchline i'll welcome it

• Advertisement

spiralism wrote: »
    You're kidding right? :pac:

Next season will be blissfully average for my Broncos I feel...but after spending most of last year as a punchline i'll welcome it

Williams and Banan released too, I guess that points towards one of Dareus, Bowers or Fairley coming on board as pretty much definite. I'd imagine it will be Bowers, God knows Fox had a lot of success when he picked Julius Peppers in the exact same overall position. Thought at one stage you guys would go for Peterson, although at that stage I was expecting Champ Bailey to move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

According to documents obtained by TMZ.com, foreclosure proceedings have begun on Russell’s mansion because he allegedly failed to make $195,512.05 in mortgage payments. Russell bought the house for $2.4 million in 2007 after the Raiders made him the No. 1 overall pick in that year’s draft

Reported by Fox

He got $32 million in guaranteed money, god knows what's going on, it can't all be gone

Anyone reckon we'll see him in some training camp this summer? (CBA dependant)
    Bengals maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Any other Jets here?

Frankly, one Jets fan is too much on any board :p:D

Tom Zbikowski, safety for the Ravens will be boxing in Las Vegas on March 12th.

He was quite a boxer at college, dubbed one of the best Notre Dame ever had

Check this out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads, now that Ofcom have released a new rule allowing product placement in TV shows in the UK, will this see Total Access coming back on a daily basis to Sky Sports? :)

Oh Tom, everybody has there faults, but i forgive you and still love you. Although i believe you just faked the crap dancing and ponytail to prove you are human.

People be warned the dancing is pretty horrific, not to mention the ponytail.

Although you certainly make up for it with a few Gisele ass grabs

Even I can't put a positive spin on that.

Looks like we won't be seeing Tiki Barber doing any more TV punditry this side of the atlantic after his impressive Super Bowl performance on BBC........he's just come out of retirement to play again next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,200 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

So it is possible, someone could look more awkward at a Brazilian carnival than Karl Pilkington. Nice one Tom.

And Tiki is god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I can't dance to save me life so Im not about to knock Tom.

As for Tiki can't see him doing much if he gets picked up. He is in top shape but his body will hurt a lot more at 35 than when he was in his prime.

• Advertisement

I was very impressed with Tiki on TV, he did a fine job and has a future

He probably needs a payday after his indiscretions
    Not sure who'd pick him up though
    Miami maybe?

New movie

50 cent lost over 4 stone in two months for the role, that's dedication to your craft right there

Reminds me of Triumph of the Heart which also had Mario Van Peebles and was a football player slowly dying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

That looks like some of the worst acting in the world right there.

Ravens safety Tom Zbikowski was boxing in Las Vegas last night, I previewed it earlier

If you're into boxing here is the fight,
    You'll see a few teammates

Ravens linebacker Jameel McClain was find 40k for a helmet to helmet hit against the Steelers

Today, the fine was cut in half so 40k to 20k

Bit of a typo here :eek:
    nflshockingnews.jpg

Now corrected, here is the correct headline
    Report: Ravens' McClain's $40,000 fine halved after appeal
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ec0d33/article/report-ravens-mcclains-40000-fine-halved-after-appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Ravens safety Tom Zbikowski was boxing in Las Vegas last night, I previewed it earlier

If you're into boxing here is the fight,
    You'll see a few teammates

I would have suggested that a Tom Zbikowski v. Sonny Bill Willams matchup would be exciting (NFL v. Rugby) except judging by that video SBW is far better and weighs in 3 stone heavier than Zbi!

3 stone heavier is a bit of a mismatch

Zbikowski is more of crusierweight then a heavweight

I hadn't heard of SBW before, knowing just a little about boxing and zero about rugby.
    But a quick look at google shows he's a beast, a damn impressive physique and size

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Ravens linebacker Jameel McClain was find 40k for a helmet to helmet hit against the Steelers

Today, the fine was cut in half so 40k to 20k

Bit of a typo here :eek:
    nflshockingnews.jpg

Now corrected, here is the correct headline

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ec0d33/article/report-ravens-mcclains-40000-fine-halved-after-appeal

:D Got a good chuckle out of that!

TaosHum wrote: »
    :D Got a good chuckle out of that!

He's coming back next season but coaches say he's half the player he used to be :pac:

• Advertisement

Randy Moss wants back in with the Pats:
    If you ask me where my heart and where I’m happy is . . . I love Tom Brady and I love playing for coach Belichick

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/16/randy-moss-my-heart-is-in-new-england/

He's coming across as the stalker physco ex-girlfriend who got dumped and cant let it go.

So Pats fans would you take him back?

I think i would on a vet minimum and take my chances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement