Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

She's no World Cup Octopus but let's see if she is correct Sunday night

Steelers get crushed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Meh. Jenny is a bitter Titans fan. Move along. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Got this bad boy in the post this morning:

140.jpg

Between that and the America's Game boxset, I'm sorted up until the draft at least :D

How are you getting on with your superbowl box set?
    Mine arrived this morning, though still waiting for the americas game set...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

adrian522 wrote: »
    How are you getting on with your superbowl box set?
    Mine arrived this morning, though still waiting for the americas game set...

So far so good, have only watched a couple of episodes so far, got a lot of different boxsets over Christmas, not all NFL related, so have to divide my time between them and my weekly Jersey Shore fix :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This is Superbowl related but not number 45 related. Does the recent horrible bad weather in the US(49 of 50 states) make the superbowl in the meadowlands in a few years look like a bad move ? This is presuming of course this type of weather will become the norm ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't see why. They play every other game of the year in cold weather right up to the championship game.

Personally I think they should play SB's in Lambeau and Soldier Field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Just watching SportsCenter on ESPN.

Apparently Super Bowl XLV is only the second game EVER in NFL history to end 31-25. Not only the second super Bowl game, or second playoff game -- second ever game. In the NFL!

The last was in 1952, and the steelers lost that too. Mad! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

So far so good, have only watched a couple of episodes so far, got a lot of different boxsets over Christmas, not all NFL related, so have to divide my time between them and my weekly Jersey Shore fix :p

Can you get a Region 2 version of the Superbowls DVD?

Can you get a Region 2 version of the Superbowls DVD?

Im afraid I don't really know mate. Im sure there are Region 2 versions out there, but whether they're easily sourced at a good price like I got is another thing. You could always just get whatever region you can and just buy a multi region DVD player. They're ridiculously cheap and very handy to have for getting bargain DVDs off of Amazon and Ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

On the subject of multi region dvd players, anyone know where i could pick up one?? havent seen any around in a long time and wanna get one for my dad

• Registered Users Posts: 15,227 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

You could always buy a region 2 player and unlock it yourself. I bought one in argos about 4 years ago and found the unlock code online. A lot of players have them and the people at the factory set the player in a hidden menu to region 1/2/3 based on wherever the player is going to be sold. You can set it to region 0 though and it'll play all regions.

Go onto power city/argos/did etc and find a dvd player then google it's make/model and the words ''unlock code'' and if you find a code, buy it and unlock it yourself :).

(if it's cheaper than an actual multi region player of course. I think i paid €25 4 years ago for an alba player)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭rich1874

His analysis annoyed me no end this season, but then i saw this, and now he's my hero...

Trick shot quarterback,

Backup QB at UConn, some impressive stuff

I know it's not NFL but it's wacky alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

That is insane. Complete WTF moment here.

Carson Palmer's on his way out of Cinci. Put his out up for sale and apparently isn't coming back next year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Shaun Rodgers cut by the Browns

He's an excellent player and will find a home.
    Texans maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Shaun Rodgers cut by the Browns

He's an excellent player and will find a home.
    Texans maybe?

:(
    He apparently has serious off field problems. The real reason he was cut was that he was due 5.5 mill if he played this season. He only started 1 game last season but by all accounts he was a beast and could really move that weight.
    Rubin is better though. I still wish we didn't have to pass on one of the better defensive players in the league. We also shifted out a lot of deadwood yday. Bowens,Barton,Elam and Royal to name a few.

Carson Palmer's on his way out of Cinci. Put his out up for sale and apparently isn't coming back next year.

Interesting to see where he'll land. Always a fan of his despite horrid seasons/criticism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Interesting to see where he'll land. Always a fan of his despite horrid seasons/criticism.

Even being a Cinci fan i cant blame him for leaving. We are and will continue to be a joke of a franchise while Mike Brown is in charge. Palmer is well past his best though that being said

Trick shot quarterback,

Backup QB at UConn, some impressive stuff

I know it's not NFL but it's wacky alright

With accuracy like that how is he not starting! Must say i've a softspot for the Huskies after watching my Bearcats beat them last year in a thriller. Really had a great never say die attitude

• Registered Users Posts: 38,003 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

:(
    He apparently has serious off field problems. The real reason he was cut was that he was due 5.5 mill if he played this season. He only started 1 game last season but by all accounts he was a beast and could really move that weight.
    Rubin is better though. I still wish we didn't have to pass on one of the better defensive players in the league. We also shifted out a lot of deadwood yday. Bowens,Barton,Elam and Royal to name a few.
    Rubin was the best nose tackle in the league this season imo. Rogers looks like an old man already with weight and other problems not helping either. Its a good move to cut him imo.

deisedude wrote: »
    Even being a Cinci fan i cant blame him for leaving. We are and will continue to be a joke of a franchise while Mike Brown is in charge. Palmer is well past his best though that being said

Wouldn't totally agree with that. I'd like to see him somewhere else and it may give him more confidence. Cincinnati just seem all over the place.

Interestingly, I thought Palmer's best game was when they were missing both Ocho and TO. I thought they'd get rid of both this off-season, draft Green and keep Palmer. I guess not :(

Wouldn't totally agree with that. I'd like to see him somewhere else and it may give him more confidence. Cincinnati just seem all over the place.

Well he did complain TO and Ochocinco were running different lines from what they were supposed to. So whether thats true or he is making excuses remains to be seen. It will be interesting to see who Cincy replace him with.

If the receivers can't/won't run the correct routes the offensive coordinator would know instantly.

Though with the Bengals they fired their OC so I'm not sure what conclusion to draw

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

The 2nd day of the bargaining session between owners and players Union was cancelled for today. :mad::mad:
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81e3b6ff/article/nfl-union-mum-on-why-second-bargaining-session-canceled-?module=HP_headlines

They need to get off there high horses and get some agreement in place for the most important people.....THE FANS. Surely it's not that hard to sit down together over a number of days if not a week and come up with a fair solution for all

The billionaires vs the millionaires

In their list of priorities, the fans are way down near the bottom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The billionaires vs the millionaires

In their list of priorities, the fans are way down near the bottom

So true, its the fans are the ones who pay the wages both the Owners and Players and decide by how much. Unfortunately they are the ones who are going to suffer the most from a lock out or no football in Sept.

Football is at the highest point its ever been in the US...a lock out or strike may not knock it off the top but it'll seriously dent the pockets of the owners and players regardless of which gets a larger % of the overall pie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement