Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Sergio Kindle is done

Talked about as a top 15 talent in the 2010 draft, eventually sliding to the 2nd round

Baltimore fans were excited over his Texas highlights

All over, he's done nothing and has been cut today as Suggs gets activated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

NFL.com linky to the video

67 yard yard game tying FG by a high school kid :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Seabass has a big leg my arse :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I was walking through the Golden Island shopping centre in Athlone today when I passed by Lifestyle Sports, whose shop front, security scanners, mini display boxes and just about anything else capable of being plastered featured this:

undertom.jpg

Is anywhere scared anymore? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Syferus wrote: »
    Is anywhere scared anymore? :mad:

Sacred? Surely you at least genuflected in the presence of the Lord. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    NFL.com linky to the video

67 yard yard game tying FG by a high school kid :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Seabass has a big leg my arse :o

Ya saw that. It was 67 yards with ease, had a few more yards in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Sacred? Surely you at least genuflected in the presence of the Lord. :D

No, scared of frightening away business :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

NFL are investing the Chargers as they have been caught using an illegal stick-em type substance against the Broncos last week. Safe to say it didn't work anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Paully D wrote: »
    NFL are investing the Chargers as they have been caught using an illegal stick-em type substance against the Broncos last week. Safe to say it didn't work anyway.

Were they giving it to the Broncos D? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

I knew the Browns had a lot of talent under BB but jesus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgSHCS5QW-8

Syferus wrote: »
    No, scared of frightening away business :pac:

Blasphemy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Watched the browns version of a football life today! Scary how many guys bellichek brought into the nfl and have now gone on to have major roles on various teams! They all credit bellichek too!! Pretty impressive I have to say!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Watched the browns version of a football life today! Scary how many guys bellichek brought into the nfl and have now gone on to have major roles on various teams! They all credit bellichek too!! Pretty impressive I have to say!

Now he needs to go out and find us some guys, who can actually play in the secondary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Now he needs to go out and find us some guys, who can actually play in the secondary.

Come back to me when ya have Tom zibokowski playing safety and then well talk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Worked for the first half!!

Marty Hurney (Panthers GM) has been fired. I wonder who put that in Cam's suggestion box? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Just when you thought the madden curse was a strange one

The Redskins Rule

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Come back to me when ya have Tom zibokowski playing safety and then well talk!!

Tommy Z is a talented athlete

Just not so much at football :P

With the London game coming up on Sunday, I found this Rams version of The Beatles iconic Abbey road photo.

24573_376505.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 nfltweeter.com

Thanks for the mention Rochey. Just noticed quite an uptick in visit from this site via analytics.

Appreciate you sharing the site and hope you will continue to use and enjoy it. I was trying to "thank you" or give rep, but wasn't able to find it.

We're in the middle of a site makeover and will be adding much more relevant and convenient content in the next month. I'll keep you posted!

Wanted to let everyone know we have updated the site. We've stepped outside of the Twitter realm a bit and offered other news sources. Let me know what you guys think.

www.NFLTweeter.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Just when you thought the madden curse was a strange one

The Redskins Rule

http://xkcd.com/1122/

A total of 180 players voted in a survey to find the NFL's most overrated player:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8549867/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-qb-most-overrated-per-sports-illustrated-poll
    Five months after being named one of the top 100 players in the NFL, the New York Jets' backup quarterback was voted the most overrated player in the league -- in a landslide -- based on a Sports Illustrated poll released this week.

A total of 180 players voted in the survey, with 34 percent naming Tebow. How's this for a twist? Jets starter Mark Sanchez finished tied for second, receiving 8 percent of the votes. Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo also got 8 percent.

At least Tebow can say he's ahead of Sanchez in one category.

It's remarkable how quickly things change in the NFL. In May, the NFL Network released its player poll of the top 100, with Tebow in the No. 95 spot. He was coming off a playoff appearance with the Denver Broncos, whom he rallied from a 1-4 start.

Tebow was traded to New York, where he has yet to play a significant role on offense -- only 55 total snaps. He has made most of his important plays on special teams as the personal protector on the punt team. Running twice and throwing once with Tebow as the up-back, the Jets are 3-for-3 on fake punts.

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick finished fourth on the list with 4 percent of the players' votes, while Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis (3 percent) was fifth.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

A total of 180 players voted in a survey to find the NFL's most overrated player:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8549867/tim-tebow-new-york-jets-qb-most-overrated-per-sports-illustrated-poll

Is Sanchez overrated ? Most people seem to think he's crap !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Is Sanchez overrated ? Most people seem to think he's crap !

Exactly. I don't know anyone who overrates him.

Tebow's overrated because he's on the bench. Not really his fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Honey badger don't care....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/25/arrest-makes-tyrann-mathieu-likely-to-enter-the-nfl-draft/

First comment sums up my thoughts exactly..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Honey badger don't care....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/25/arrest-makes-tyrann-mathieu-likely-to-enter-the-nfl-draft/

First comment sums up my thoughts exactly..

Was huge fan of the Honeybadger last year and was expecting him to become top 5 pick

Will be interesting where he winds up in the NFL. Pretty much certain that he will go undrafted (6th/7th at best). Much like Alfonzo Dennard and Vontaze Burfict, talent alone will make sure he land's on someones roster. It'll be up to him at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Interesting article on Manning's rehab http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/10/post_235.html

99 days until the Super Bowl :eek:

• Advertisement

Vontaze Burfict has been having a quietly decent season for himself

Didn't play Week 1 against Baltimore and was eased into action in Week 2 and 3 against the Browns and Redskins

Has been a starter on D since

Mike Zimmer is a top coach, he knows what he's doing

15 tackles in one game, that was against the Steelers
    Recovered a special teams fumble.
    Forced a 3rd and 21 on a QB sack
    3 tackles for loss
    2 passes defended

Very solid, stats from here
    Yeah it's a Bengals article but I'm just looking at the stats

Luke Keuchly of the Panthers has 3 more tackles. But comparing a 1st round pick to an UDFA, Bengals got some value?

But then that's just me looking at stats, Pro Football Focus are not so impressed
    Burfict has had trouble shedding blocks when opposing blockers are able to get their hands on him:

The season-long narrative of poor play from Bengals linebackers continued Sunday, though this time it added LB Vontaze Burfict (-1.6) to the mix.

The undrafted free agent had been showing steady improvement throughout the season and this game, despite 15 total tackles, was slight step back.

It wasn’t all bad as Burfict was active in the running game with seven stops, five of which came from his knifing through traffic unblocked.

The problem was when offensive linemen got their hands on him, either at the point of attack or at the second level, he was generally taken out of the play.

Here is a very long article breaking down some plays from the Steelers game

To sum it up, Bengals fans recognize he's getting fooled by fakes and misdirection, he's a rookie and making rookie mistakes.

But the fans seem to love the potential and though an UDFA he's been doing more for the Bengals then some of their draft picks

I wanted to finish up with a short video but I couldn't find any good Bengals videos, ah well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement