Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

kmart6 wrote: »
    Shame he doesn't have the ability to keep his dick in his pants!

2nd best WR at the Jets (not like it's hard to be that)
    Best corner in the NFL
    Most fertile man in New Jersey

What next? He claims to be the best QB at the Jets ........ hmmmm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

In fairness it's not different then Flacco saying that he is the best QB in the league. Difference is no one likes Cromartie and never will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

^^ Coach loved him for trying that naturally :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    ^^ Coach loved him for trying that naturally :p

If he tried it in a game, yeah. In practice, probably laughed along. Was this anyone we know, JMH?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Before I watched it I thought of Sonny Jurgensen. He was able to throw passes behind his back, while still facing forwards if ya get me.

Would highly recommend giving this a watch, it's only like 15 minutes long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5t8vGk3PxM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Meow!

Falcons safety slips in 14 Meows into his interview on ESPN :P

Happy Brady vs Manning week everyone. A wonderful time of year where this place gets very exciting.

To kick it all off, Tom Brady is a better QB than Peyton Manning ever was. Discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Kinda has lost a bit of its luster now that Peyton's arm is more water pistol than laser rocket.

Spiralism, you'll need to gear up - you'll be facing the massed force of the Patriot army this weekend. That's the match-up of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭nerd69

Happy Brady vs Manning week everyone. A wonderful time of year where this place gets very exciting.

To kick it all off, Tom Brady is a better QB than Peyton Manning ever was. Discuss.

o dear the ultimate can of worms question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Syferus wrote: »
    Kinda has lost a bit of its luster now that Peyton's arm is more water pistol than laser rocket.

Spiralism, you'll need to gear up - you'll be facing the massed force of the Patriot army this weekend. That's the match-up of the weekend.

Me vs half this forum...bring it on :D

Also, Manning > Brady and the rings argument isnt going to carry with me unless you want to argue with me the semantics of how Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson > Dan Marino and Warren Moon :pac:

nerd69 wrote: »

o dear the ultimate can of worms question

There's no question mark at the end. It's not a question, rather a statement of fact ;)

There's no question mark at the end. It's not a question, rather a statement of fact ;)

i see what your doing there im not gona bi...........

i call bull**** :D

to be honest i dont think one is better than the other both are top 10 all time qbs bradys got more superbowls but peytons got more mvps also when brady went down his replacement did an easy job whereas when peyton went down last season happened

btw on a separate note was delighted to se dawks number retired my fave player seeing him entering the pitch gave me goosebumps

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

i see what your doing there im not gona bi...........

i call bull**** :D

to be honest i dont think one is better than the other both are top 10 all time qbs bradys got more superbowls but peytons got more mvps also when brady went down his replacement did an easy job whereas when peyton went down last season happened

Ah come on though, I know Matt Cassell is nothing special but he's still a relatively good QB. In fact he's a god compared to last years combo of Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky !

That Colts team had far more problems then just QB.

4 MVPs to two, fastest ever to 50,000 passing yards, 4000 completions and 400 TDs, none of which Brady has. Trails Brady in rings alone and if you're going to go down that road both are inferior to Terry Bradshaw and Dan Marino is inferior to Trent Dilfer. Also, Brady goes down and Belichick engineers an 11-5 season with his class team. Manning goes down last year and the Colts turn into a laughing stock.

Ah come on though, I know Matt Cassell is nothing special but he's still a relatively good QB. In fact he's a god compared to last years combo of Curtis Painter and Dan Orlovsky !

i agree with you but the sheer difference in how far they dropped was staggering the pats just missed the playoffs there are those who will always argue brady was helped by the system

Tell that to the Chiefs, he's their only bad player really but he's ****ing awful.

That's the point though, Brady's teams have **** all serious issues like that Colts side had and Manning persevered to the tune of a 14-2 side appearing in the superbowl and a 10-6 side losing in the wildcard round in his last two years, at which point the rot had set in. He also won a superbowl with a defence that was utterly **** and ranked paddy last against the run that year

The Patriots defence has been a comedy of errors for years now. Brady drags that team with him. Were he to go down now the implosion wouldn't be as dramatic as Indy's but it would likely be dramatic.

The Patriots defence has been a comedy of errors for years now. Brady drags that team with him. Were he to go down now the implosion wouldn't be as dramatic as Indy's but it would likely be dramatic.

i dont think it would belicheks system means they will always be at least good also im a fan of mallet i think hes a very very good player

• Advertisement

10-6 or something of that nature. Belichick and those players and any half decent QB would do alright. Pats can run the ball too, unlike Indy post 2005. The Colts were only going to fail without Manning, by 2010 they had only the one good receiver, a ****ty defence and no run game whatsoever. One dimensional passing offences are beginning to be figured out recently, look at Green Bay and Detroit for example. Good teams need to run the ball.

i agree with you but the sheer difference in how far they dropped was staggering the pats just missed the playoffs there are those who will always argue brady was helped by the system

Anyone who thinks a QB can win rings alone knows nothing about the game tbh. Every QB is helped by the system, some more than others.

On queue, Trent dilfer, as I write this, just admitted live on TV he was never a great QB. Awesome. Equally as good as Peyton though. But only 1/3 as good as Brady. On the other hand.... infinity times better than Marino :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I hate that argument, its so simplistic. Pats went 11-5 without Brady, Colts went 2-14 with out Manning, therefore Manning >>> Brady. Like there are no other factors to consider :rolleyes:

The Colts were a very poor team going into last season, i had picked them not to make the playoffs before we knew anything about Manning's injury.

They had a new head coach who cannot get even get a coordinators job now Versus Bill Belichick.

Their backup QB situation was atrocious (Painter is a 3rd string QB for the Ravens now) Verus Matt Cassel who is a starter in the NFL.

The overall talent on the roster was terrible Vs a roster that went 16-0 the season before

The Saints scored 62 points on their Defense in one game ffs! Manning i'm pretty sure doesn't play defense.

BTW Andrew luck is waaaaaayyy better than Brady :P:pac:

Hazys wrote: »
    I hate that argument, its so simplistic. Pats went 11-5 without Brady, Colts went 2-14 with out Manning, therefore Manning >>> Brady. Like there are no other factors to consider :rolleyes:

The Colts were a very poor team going into last season, i had picked them not to make the playoffs before we knew anything about Manning's injury.

They had a new head coach who cannot get even get a coordinators job now Versus Bill Belichick.

Their backup QB situation was atrocious (Painter is a 3rd string QB for the Ravens now) Verus Matt Cassel who is a starter in the NFL.

The overall talent on the roster was terrible Vs a roster that went 16-0 the season before

The Saints scored 62 points on their Defense in one game ffs! Manning i'm pretty sure doesn't play defense.

I didn't make that argument :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

What's with RTE having NFL stories prominently on their sports page on the website? How long has that been going on?

I was avoiding the score of last nights game until I watched it so stayed away from American sports sites on the web but thought RTE would be safe

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

What's with RTE having NFL stories prominently on their sports page on the website? How long has that been going on?

I was avoiding the score of last nights game until I watched it so stayed away from American sports sites on the web but thought RTE would be safe

Never noticed that before! Slow news day for sports on this side of the pond perhaps? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭OAOB

New this year, have done it since week 1, its actually a reasonably good round up

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

spiralism wrote: »
    4 MVPs to two, fastest ever to 50,000 passing yards, 4000 completions and 400 TDs, none of which Brady has.

I usually ignore such pointless commentary. But I don't think you realise that Manning had 3 full seasons NFL seasons under his belt, before Brady really started his career?

3 Superbowl rings to 1.
    5 Superbowl appearances to 2.
    16 playoff wins to 9.
    Career interceptions thrown by Brady - 116.
    Career interceptions thrown by Manning - 201.
    Brady was the quickest QB to 100 career wins.
    Brady holds the NFL record for best pass-interception differential of 42. he is is currently at 47, Manning's is 36.
    Brady holds the highest completion percentage for a single game, connecting at 92.9%(2007).

Brady has the record for most passing yards in Superbowl appearances - 1,277.
    Brady has the record for most consecutive Superbowl completions in a game - 16
    Brady has the joint record for most completions in a Superbowl game -32 (Shared with Brees)
    Brady has the record for most pass attempts, without an interception in a game - 48
    Brady has the record for most Superbowl pass attempts - 197
    Brady has the record for most Superbowl completions - 127

I can go on and on and on. Brady and Manning are two of the greatest QB's to have ever played the game. Both players have broken and set many NFL records, it will always be a subjective decision on whom our favourite QB is. But to do so at the expense of the other, is both stupid and pointless.

• Advertisement

Corv is on the ball I don't think either is better if you offered the colts and pats a swap neither would take it why does 1 hav to be better

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement