Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Ocho arrested for allegedly headbutting his wife Evelyn :(

I feel crap now. Huge Chad fan and this is terrible to read.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dolphins-chad-johnson-arrested-081112,0,751890.story

Really disappointed to hear this. Just as he seemed to be doing everything right too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

3dac2404b67d88257616da81d569cb89_large

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

So chad has been released. Wonder is this the end for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Good to see Philbin had the balls to cut him. Lays down a marker to the rest of the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Chad's realease is, in my eyes, a pretty clear sign that his performances in camp were well below par. If he had impressed Philbin we can be pretty sure that he would have been kept on. Getting released shows that, in the Dolphins opinion, Chad is just too much trouble for the lack of production that they will get from him.

• Advertisement

frostie500 wrote: »
    Chad's realease is, in my eyes, a pretty clear sign that his performances in camp were well below par. If he had impressed Philbin we can be pretty sure that he would have been kept on. Getting released shows that, in the Dolphins opinion, Chad is just too much trouble for the lack of production that they will get from him.

I agree with that to an extent. But I dont honestly believe that if Johnson was doing well at camp, Philbin would have kept him. You have to remember that the Fins got rid of Marshall for the same kind of continuous nonsense and negative attention, yet Marshall is still a top receiver.

Regardless of how he was doing in camp, his arrest was the final straw for Philbin in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

frostie500 wrote: »

I agree with this as well said the same on the hard knocks thread. Johnson getting into trouble gives the fish a way out and excuse to cut him.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Rochey18 wrote: »
    So chad has been released. Wonder is this the end for him.

The phins really couldn't afford to have the ocho show around anymore, especially after what just happened. I can't see where he'll go from here after this. In recent years the guy has been just too interested in celebrity, rather than just focusing on playing ball. No team can afford the luxury of a loose cannon like him.

TaosHum wrote: »
    I agree with that to an extent. But I dont honestly believe that if Johnson was doing well at camp, Philbin would have kept him. You have to remember that the Fins got rid of Marshall for the same kind of continuous nonsense and negative attention, yet Marshall is still a top receiver.

Regardless of how he was doing in camp, his arrest was the final straw for Philbin in my book.

Difference between Marshall and Johnson is that Marshall is still a good WR Johnson isn't and he hasn't proven he can do much anymore. His camp performance has been average according to many pundits following him in Miami and have said that his athletic ability is still top par but his football ability is just average.

CoachTO wrote: »
    Difference between Marshall and Johnson is that Marshall is still a good WR Johnson isn't and he hasn't proven he can do much anymore. His camp performance has been average according to many pundits following him in Miami and have said that his athletic ability is still top par but his football ability is just average.

No question about it, Ocho is done at least 2 years now. Could have been cut even without the arrest. My point was that Philbin is not going to tolerate crap from players, evident in the Marshall trade. Thus when Ocho beat his wife, he was always going to be cut.

If they were willing to tolerate Marshall, who is still a top 10 receiver, then not a hope Ocho was going to last.

Was a bad idea from day 1 to bring him in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Here's the thing though. Who does Moore/Tannehill throw to? Reggie Bush?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Bess and Hartline aren't the worst receivers to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

matthew8 wrote: »
    Here's the thing though. Who does Moore/Tannehill throw to? Reggie Bush?

Each other - a 2 QB formations with lots of laterals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

You ll have the Leagues worst offense throwing to the slow over and over and over again,

What other teams would they find themselves being the primary targets :o Not going to be a fun season for Miami fans this year and god love them if Bush gets any sort of a knock

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I dunno I just see Philbin on the hot seat by the end of the year...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000049232/article/st-louis-rams-withdraw-commitment-to-london-in-2013?module=HP11_headline_stack

Rams pull out. I'm happy tbh. With all respect to them, I could see interest in the international series on this side of the Atlantic waning if the Rams played for 3 years straight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Undefeated Doc. I tried for a good hour to find this online but couldnt get it anywhere. I see its screening in Liffey Valely. Does anyone know an online source I could find it?

Incidentally the ESPN 30 for 30 videos on their own site are no longer available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Undefeated Doc. I tried for a good hour to find this online but couldnt get it anywhere. I see its screening in Liffey Valely. Does anyone know an online source I could find it?

Incidentally the ESPN 30 for 30 videos on their own site are no longer available.

There's no DVD release yet so no DVR rip!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

johnmcdnl wrote: »

What other teams would they find themselves being the primary targets :o Not going to be a fun season for Miami fans this year and god love them if Bush gets any sort of a knock

Hmmmm....I wonder if Wallace to the dolphins will be looked at!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Best available FAs by position, if you feel your teams 90-man training camp roster is lacking something:

Offense http://thesidelineview.com/columns/caplans-nfl-corner/best-available-nfl-free-agents-offense

D# http://thesidelineview.com/columns/caplans-nfl-corner/best-available-nfl-free-agents-defense

I'd like to see the Pats pick up a tackle off this lift, hopefully a fully recovered Clifton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

My Ravens have the two main TE's out injured and will be a struggle to have them back for Week 1

From that list give me Kris Wilson
    Not a spectacular signing by any means, flashy FA business is not the Ravens way

Veteran TE, very reliable and is also good on special teams

I like Jason Brown center on that list
    Rams cut him due to cap issues, he was the highest paid center in the league a few years back afaik
    Good signing for someone

Denis Dixon looks the pick of the QB's

Another twist in the Ochocinco incident, this lass claims she had a four month affair with him:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2188278/Chad-Johnson-NFL-star-mistress-engagement.html

And to think he could probably get almost any girl he wanted :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Paully D wrote: »
    Another twist in the Ochocinco incident, this lass claims she had a four month affair with him:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2188278/Chad-Johnson-NFL-star-mistress-engagement.html

2 things make me suspicious.

1) She's a bit of a munter.

2) She claims Chad watched the Superbowl with his wife and kids and Text her during it!

"Johnson took little care to hide their affair, Shiner said. As he watched the Super Bowl with his wife and children, he was texting his mistress 'saying he was missing me', she claimed."

I can't see a phone in Chad's hands here!

138324904.jpg?w=300

He tweets from everywhere, but if he got his phone into the ball in the Super Bowl, then he's pretty good.

Am I missing the point here somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Paully D wrote: »

So, she claims he texted her while watching the Superbowl with his wife and children. Wasn't he playing in the Superbowl???

Someones looking to make money I think...

Madness, isn't it? :pac:

I was too busy laughing at the fact that an NFL player who could get virtually any girl he wanted would have an affair with her to notice that he actually played in the Super Bowl :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

It would have made much more sense if she had have said that it was Joe Horn calling her during a game he was playing in.....

joehorn.jpg

Daily Mail Journalism loooool :P

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Daily Mail Journalism loooool :P

I saw the link as being the Daily Mail and didn't bother clicking it. Last place I would ever get US sports news never mind credible news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement