Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-130 Endeavour 6/2/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

jumpguy wrote: »
    TBH, there's not gonna be much science done once the Cupola is installed! I know all I'd be doing if I was on the ISS would be staring out of it at Earth.

Ha Ha me too!! Imagine the views from it! *******Swoons********

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

lord lucan wrote: »
    FRR has concluded,it's a GO for February 7th.:):)

:)It's a work launch for me, hope it's quite:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Beeker wrote: »
    I saw the Cupola in the Space Station assembly building at Kennedy in 2008:)
    picture201large.jpg

Beeker to use Your own words on another thread in the Space/Astronomy forum.

You lucky Bas*ard:D

jumpguy wrote: »
    TBH, there's not gonna be much science done once the Cupola is installed! I know all I'd be doing if I was on the ISS would be staring out of it at Earth.

Jumpguy i could live there for the rest of my life if NAMA NASA would let me:)

What craft would resupply me though?
    It would take an Irish built craft,what would it be called? Jayzus i hope this works?:pac::pac::){other suggestions welcome:)}

what weight would a decades supply of popcorn and ice cream be:confused::)

:)It's a work launch for me, hope it's quite:D

Beeker You hope it's quite what? OH You mean quiet?:pac::pac::pac:

it's Stargates fault for appointing me to "keep an eye"on You!:)

You cannot miss a Shuttle launch now especially the last night time launch{assuming 135 does not get te go-ahead and it goes at night,always provisors with NASA Lol}

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭fifilarue

ynotdu wrote: »
    Jumpguy i could live there for the rest of my life if NAMA NASA would let me:)

What craft would resupply me though?
    It would take an Irish built craft,what would it be called? Jayzus i hope this works?:pac::pac::){other suggestions welcome:)}

what weight would a decades supply of popcorn and ice cream be:confused::)

:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Beeker You hope it's quite what? OH You mean quiet?:pac::pac::pac:

it's Stargates fault for appointing me to "keep an eye"on You!:)

You cannot miss a Shuttle launch now especially the last night time launch{assuming 135 does not get te go-ahead and it goes at night,always provisors with NASA Lol}
    No fear of missing it:D I've gone 129 launches and 29 years with a clear record:)

Typical! The Orbiter is in great shape but there's the possibility that launch could be delayed due to a pipe bursting in the LCC and flooding all 4 floors including the firing room with 60,000 gallons of water! They've no idea if any of the flight hardware has been affected.:rolleyes:

Looks like the flooding will not delay the launch. Still "Go for Launch":)

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20226.0;attach=194413;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20226.0;attach=194417;image

Looks like the flooding will not delay the launch. Still "Go for Launch":)

Thought that was you bursting the pipe so the launch would be delayed so you could see it at home!;)

• Advertisement

Found this video of BURAN,The Soviet built STS.It launched unmanned and orbited the Earth on the 15th November 1988.It would not take a genious to work out that its design was sold/stolen from the US model.
    even so it launched,orbited twice and returned to Earth unmanned,who knows what might have happened if the Soviet Union had not collapsed?
    I got two versions of what became of it!
    1)it is in a museam in Germany
    2)its hanger collapsed and destroyed it.
    Really no other forum i could think of to put it on as we await Endevour since BURAN turned out to be a once off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Both i think, i have seen pictures of one in a collapsed building. There was a few in production when the project was stopped so empty shells/parts may have ended up around Russia on display, maybe Germany?

This one never flew,it's sitting in Baikonur.

8.jpg

The Buran that flew was destroyed completely after the roof of the hangar it was in collapsed.

This one never flew,it's sitting in Baikonur.

8.jpg

The Buran that flew was destroyed completely after the roof of the hangar it was in collapsed.

STS-136????? Why is Bolden hiding in the grass?

STS-136????? Why is Bolden hiding in the grass?

That's the new shuttle "Beekynotlucan" named after me,you and Beeker.:D:D:D

That's the new shuttle "Beekynotlucan" named after me,you and Beeker.:D:D:D

Lol.
    Jeepers LL You get more like NASA every day,changin yar mind.
    is It is No longer true that Director Beeker will extend the Shuttle up to STS-175 Lucan named after You, after Your STS-150 mission to clean Cupolas windows then?:):):)

Lol.
    is It is No longer true that Director Beeker will extend the Shuttle up to STS-175 Lucan named after You, after Your STS-150 mission to clean Cupolas windows then?:):):)

Oh yeah,a bottle of Windolene and a shammy!:):)

Lol.
    Nah I hope to clean the windows on STS-136, thats why I have not announced the extension yet:D

Nah I hope to clean the windows on STS-136, thats why I have not announced the extension yet:D

Mission Patch for STS-136 classified picture of Beeker in secret training:

1h9qiv.jpg

And in an innovative plan to modernise NASA Director Beeker will introduce missions songs starting on 136!

• Advertisement

Looks like my baby Atlantis' last flight will be on STS-132 in May. LON flight looks to be scrapped and we're left with just the remaining 5 flights this year.:(:(

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2010/02/progress-m-04m-launches-to-cost-cutting-iss-sts-135-addition-removed/

Some interesting thoughts on the Orbiters from the crew of STS-130.

http://spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts130/100202history/

Looks like my baby Atlantis' last flight will be on STS-132 in May. LON flight looks to be scrapped and we're left with just the remaining 5 flights this year.:(:(

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2010/02/progress-m-04m-launches-to-cost-cutting-iss-sts-135-addition-removed/

With my baby Endeavour following on STS-134 in July:(

NASA just finished a short mission status update on STS-130.
    *no issues with Orbiter or tanks.
    *countdown clock starts at 07.00 thursday UTC.
    *weather is currently 70% GO for Sunday morning and 90% Go Monday
    *also a launch opportunity for Tuesday morning
    *each one has a 10 minute launch window
    *if all three are scrubbed an Atlas then has the range booked for the 10th,11th&12th
    *Shuttle has the range two days after the Atlas launchs.
    *weather is Go for for SRB recovery ships for the 7th,8th,9th.
    So at least for today some good news amongst the gloom and shock We all feel about NASA,s virtual abolition.

So at least for today some good news amongst the gloom and shock We all feel about NASA,s virtual abolition.
    Depression is setting in here in Waterford.:(..........................looks like the Soyuz launches will become popular in the future but they will never replace the excitement of a Shuttle countdown and launch.
    Looks like Mrs Beeker may have to be taken on a holiday to a nice little resort called Baikonur in Kazakhstan in the next few years:D

Not to mention the poor workers who'll be laid off,7000 is the estimate.:(

Depression is setting in here in Waterford.:(..........................looks like the Soyuz launches will become popular in the future but they will never replace the excitement of a Shuttle countdown and launch.
    Looks like Mrs Beeker may have to be taken on a holiday to a nice little resort called Baikonur in Kazakhstan in the next few years:D

Well much as the long-suffering Mrs Beeker will once again be disappointed by Your choice of holiday destination:rolleyes:, Not half as much as MR Beeker will be.

I can give You a good price to visit Star City via YnotGator tours including a 40 year pass to Siberia if You touch Vostok 1.

I can arrange a visit to Kazakhstan to see "My little Soyuz" as LL called it on a previous thread{Mrs Lucan tells him EVERYTHING!:eek:}
    You will be really disappointed though freezing cold in Baikonur at the right time on the right launch day because the Soyuz will be launching from French Guiana!:pac::pac::pac::D {Gotcha at last!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D}

What happens if a compelling LON happens after the reirement?:(
    IMO they should have kept one Orbiter in some way available since(thankfully)they now have the ISS until 2020.

Some interesting thoughts on the Orbiters from the crew of STS-130.

http://spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts130/100202history/

Lovely article LL! TY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭irishgeo

on of my lifetime aims was to see a night time launch in florida

guess its not going to happen.

any chance of us seeing this launch in ireland?

really enjoyed the last one.

Advertisement