Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-130 Endeavour 6/2/2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19996.0;attach=192212;image

On the final turn before the climb up to the pad.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19996.0;attach=192210;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=19996.0;attach=192216;image

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

She's nearly up the hill.:)

Getting ready to set her down.

Just in case she didn't know the way!!:D

2010-1033-m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Thanks for the pics and updates guys,I could not watch any of it but you's have saved it for posterity...................tears and all when reviewing the STS programme as You said LL.posted on the day at the time,because you's bothered to!!!!!!!:)

one mile an hour was faster than i could travel today!:),even got hit by a snowball right on my nose-cone:(

• Advertisement

The crawler would have been the perfect vehicle for the weather in Dublin today!:):)

lord lucan wrote: »
    The crawler would have been the perfect vehicle for the weather in Dublin today!:):)

:D:D:D

06endeavour_400267.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

"Houston we have a problem......................"
    STS-130 may not go as planned:mad:
    http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2010/01/sts-130-may-postponed-node-3-threatens-swap/

Beeker wrote: »
    "Houston we have a problem......................"
    STS-130 may not go as planned:mad:
    http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2010/01/sts-130-may-postponed-node-3-threatens-swap/

I knew that $100 i gave that guy in Florida to throw a spanner into node 3 would be money well spent. Instant STS extension!!:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Hi,ya Beeker,that really does read like a scrub does'nt it?anybody who has followed the programme i bet gets a sense of that.at least obama has promised funding to NASA up to 134 even if that slips to 2011,but if it is scrubbed for a long time i think the 135 is dead in the water?,at least even though it would ruin our enjoyment it will keep people on the payroll that much longer..........no bad thing.!

It would seem to be unworkable for the STS-130 payload NOT be delivered before the remaining flights,and the one EVA idea is a waste IMO.

From the point of view of the ISS crew(s)the big loss i'm sure would be the delay of Cupola with it's 360 view of the cosmo's,they must be looking forward to that SO much,a place to go to relax away from the people who are 'in your face' for six months!

NASA very seldom too cowardly to take the risks so may'be they will find a work-around?

Roll on the state of the union address or Feb when the press have led us to believe Barack will finally tell us the decisions taken regarding the USA.s future in space!!!

I knew that $100 i gave that guy in Florida to throw a spanner into node 3 would be money well spent. Instant STS extension!!:D:D:D

Hav'nt ya heard he is a Scam artist from Gator???
    I am on commision from him,he said You only gave him $50,Wait till i see him!!!!!!!:mad:

ynotdu wrote: »
    Hav'nt ya heard he is a Scam artist from Gator???
    I am on commision from him,he said You only gave him $50,Wait till i see him!!!!!!!:mad:

:D:D:D:D

On a serious note, an abbreviated STS-130 is a waste of resources imo,better to scrub it and reschedule for later in the year or early next year.

On a serious note, an abbreviated STS-130 is a waste of resources imo,better to scrub it and reschedule for later in the year or early next year.

Abbreviated has been abbreviated to ABRVTD by NASA!

They also have announced they will no longer assign(asn)a number to the remaining flights(rf,s),instead each flight number (FN) will be pulled from a hat(HT)
    also all former NASA employee's(FNE) have been told to search their house(MD)
    for even more ET.s thay may have brought home(HM) from work(FW)and forgot to bring back(BB)

They also have announced they will no longer assign(asn)a number to the remaining flights(rf,s),instead each flight number (FN) will be pulled from a hat(HT)
    for even more ET.s thay may have brought home(HM) from work(FW)and forgot to bring back(BB)

AMA.:p:p

I agree:)

:D:D:D You must be on the Sherry early tonight ynotdu:D:D:D

AMA.:p:p

I hope AMA is not NAMA with the N repossesed:eek:

:D:D:D You must be on the Sherry early tonight ynotdu:D:D:D

I I never never touch touch the the stuff stuff honest honest hic hic

I hope AMA is not NAMA with the N repossesed:eek:

Ask My Arse!:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Ask My Arse!:pac::pac::pac:

You go and ask My ARES!:D

Decision on STS-130 to be taken on Tuesday.
    3 options at the moment.

1. Fly as planned on Feb 7th and attach Node 3, hook up in a "keep alive power" mode until a latter flight. This would result in only one or maybe two spacewalks and a shortened mission.

2. Delay the launch until new ammonia lines are available to fly. This would result in a knock on delay to all future flights.

3. Launch STS-131/Discovery first and then STS-130/Endeavour. This would result in Endeavour being rolled back to the VAB and Discovery being rolled out when processing is ready for launch. Again this would have a knock on delay to all future flights.

Decision on STS-130 to be taken on Tuesday.
    3 options at the moment.

1. Fly as planned on Feb 7th and attach Node 3, hook up in a "keep alive power" mode until a latter flight. This would result in only one or maybe two spacewalks and a shortened mission.

2. Delay the launch until new ammonia lines are available to fly. This would result in a knock on delay to all future flights.

3. Launch STS-131/Discovery first and then STS-130/Endeavour. This would result in Endeavour being rolled back to the VAB and Discovery being rolled out when processing is ready for launch. Again this would have a knock on delay to all future flights.

I've actually changed my mind on this now and think they should go with option 1 and go fly feb. 7th. The knock-on effect of a delay/reorganisation of the manifest is very messy.

I've actually changed my mind on this now and think they should go with option 1 and go fly feb. 7th. The knock-on effect of a delay/reorganisation of the manifest is very messy.

Yeah it looks that way alright. I think they will go with Option 1. Option 2 suits me as I have to work Feb 7th:)

Option 2 suits me as I have to work Feb 7th:)

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

:pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Not so bad as I can watch NASA TV from work but would prefer to be at home to avoid distractions.:)

Not so bad as I can watch NASA TV from work but would prefer to be at home to avoid distractions.:)

Theirs an awful flu that does the rounds in early february,be careful you don't catch it and have to stay at home Beeker.;)

Theirs an awful flu that does the rounds in early february,be careful you don't catch it and have to stay at home Beeker.;)
    :DAchoooo..............:eek: Oh dear!:eek: Achooooooo................:D

Last 15 in the commemorative patch contest,selected from 85 entries.

http://www.nasa.gov/pdf/415512main_patches_contest_top15.pdf

• Advertisement

Looks like NASA are still shooting for a february 7th launch. They're doing a bit of a McGuyver job on the ammonia lines,hoping it'll work out.

Advertisement