Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-130 Endeavour 6/2/2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Stargate wrote: »
    Beeker is a trillion zillionaire , " show me the money " :eek:

:DOh yeah I'm rolling in it alright:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

lord lucan wrote: »
    Continuing on from the post about commorative patches for the shuttle programme in the 1st page,here's a few more that have surfaced.

Tnx LL , some beautiful ones there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

2009-6762-m.jpg
    2009-6764-m.jpg
    2009-6771-m.jpg
    2009-6773-m.jpg
    2009-6776-m.jpg
    2009-6778-m.jpg

Wow LL just look at the tiny little men on ground level in the first 2 pictures :D

Your Tee-shirt dry yet Leo ? :P

I love the 3rd picture,she looks likes she's flying!:)

• Advertisement

A change request has been made for STS-130,launch is now targeted for February 7th and the mission duration has been extended to 13+1 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

A change request has been made for STS-130,launch is now targeted for February 7th and the mission duration has been extended to 13+1 days.

ALL the pics are spectaculor LL!

May'be it will be 'bumped' to Feb 14th and We can All send it roses?
    Never forget one's first Love,give yar missus a mop on the 14th if the above should happen!;)

I`d say even the the 7th will be changed LL . Whats the weather like there in Feb ?

Nice to see , another part of the ISS !

http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0912/17mrmarrival/

The Mini-Research Module 1 arrived at the Shuttle Landing Facility at about 1 p.m. EST aboard an Antonov 124 cargo plane, completing a nearly 6,000-mile journey from Moscow. MRM 1 is named Rassvet, which means dawn in Russian. It was built by the Russian aerospace company Energia.

Rassvet will launch aboard the shuttle Atlantis' STS-132 mission scheduled for liftoff May 14.

I`d say even the the 7th will be changed LL . Whats the weather like there in Feb ?

Day time average is around 20 degrees celcius,low temp around 10 degrees. It can drop to freezing,look at the freezing temps that blighted Challenger in late january '86. This is an early morning launch,around 04.30 i think. As of this moment it's the last night launch of the shuttle manifest.

• Advertisement

Day time average is around 20 degrees celcius,low temp around 10 degrees. It can drop to freezing,look at the freezing temps that blighted Challenger in late january '86. This is an early morning launch,around 04.30 i think. As of this moment it's the last night launch of the shuttle manifest.

Whos going over for the launch this time ? You Or Beeker ? :P

I've been dropping hints at my family about getting me Aer Lingus vouchers for xmas!!:D:D:D

I've been dropping hints at my family about getting me Aer Lingus vouchers for xmas!!:D:D:D

HaHa Leo , just wondering will you have your t-shirt ready by then eh? ;)

HaHa Leo , just wondering will you have your t-shirt ready by then eh? ;)

Not sure,it's terrible weather for drying atm.:p:p

Not sure,it's terrible weather for drying atm.:p:p

Good drying here in Cork ;) Damn cold too :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

I'd go to them all but Mrs Beeker is having none of it:D

Beeker wrote: »

I will look after her Beeker while you are away and just like LL thought it was Mrs Lucan texting him updates from spaceflight now on 129, I will be actually be the one texting!!!!!!

PS are your pillows softer than LL,s ?:D

ynotdu wrote: »
    I will look after her Beeker while you are away and just like LL thought it was Mrs Lucan texting him updates from spaceflight now on 129, I will be actually be the one texting!!!!!!

PS are your pillows softer than LL,s ?:D

Trust Ynotdu to lower the tone of the thread!:p:p

Beeker wrote: »

Well Beeker, play it clever , why not suggest a winter holiday break for 2 somewhere in the sun ;) ........... then come up with a once in a lifetime suggestion :eek: ...........oh i know where !!!! How about Florida :P:P in Feb 2010

Problem solved BeeKer

( and no ynotdu a hoiliday break for 2 dosent mean you and Beeker :p )

Its my job!:D

I am lost for questions etc as 127-8-9 threads answered just about ALL i did not know.

Still no answer as to why pad 39A was always NASA.s preferred choice over B though:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

ynotdu wrote: »
    Its my job!:D

I am lost for questions etc as 127-8-9 threads answered just about ALL i did not know.

Still no answer as to why pad 39A was always NASA.s preferred choice over B though:confused::confused::confused:

eh? from a cork perspective its simple ... beacause it was :D:D:D:D

eh? from a cork perspective its simple ... beacause it was :D:D:D:D

Bolden just Faxed Me as to the 'real answer' apparently NASA needed Pad B for Alien Spacecrafts to return to space after they had to ditch near Roswell usually!:eek:

I think LL was right LOL ;):) haha

Should also mention that roll out of Endeavour to 39a is scheduled for January 6th. Endeavour has been put to bed in the VAB for xmas.:)

Should also mention that roll out of Endeavour to 39a is scheduled for January 6th. Endeavour has been put to bed in the VAB for xmas.:)

Aww LL , little wimmins xmas :D Endeavour all tucked away !

Roll on January thats what i say :)

Aww LL , little wimmins xmas :D Endeavour all tucked away !

Roll on January thats what i say :)

Yeah,she's tucked up with a teddy in the shape of an external tank and srb's.:):)

Yeah,she's tucked up with a teddy in the shape of an external tank and srb's.:):)

i want one of those haha :D

i want one of those haha :D

Me too!:)

Me too!:)

I betya Beeker already has his :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Endeavour is due to rollover from the OPF to the VAB in the next couple of weeks to be mated with her ET&SRBs. She'll spend christmas in the VAB and will roll out to 39a early in the new year.

Great thread! Haven't a clue what your on about here tho, whats an OPF, whats a VAB, whats an ET&SRB and whats 39a?:eek:

Advertisement