Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-130 Endeavour 6/2/2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

They could go down to T-5 and hold there to buy four minutes of time to wait, but unlikely they'd go any farther without a go from Range Weather and Houston Flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Glad i'm not on the Causeway for this one,my nerves would be shredded.:eek::eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Polling shortly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

What are the 'polls' lads? :)

RED on the range and return to launch site. Polling in progress.

• Advertisement

All go except for weather!:(

Dave! wrote: »
    The flight director checks with all controllers and Managers if they are "Go" or "No Go" for launch.

At the moment we have a NoGo for weatrher and range:(

It's off :(

Dave! wrote: »

They 'poll' all the various stations which are monitoring various systems to do with the Shuttle,hardware,weather,electrical systems etc. All have to be Green to allow for launch.

It's a scrub this morning unfortunately.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

its a scrub but they did consider bending a rule on constraint to my surprise!

• Advertisement

Gutted :( Same time tomorrow then is it ?

Yeah, pity but we get to do it all again tomorrow.:) Work again for me in the morning but hopeefully it will be quite. Launch attempt at 09:14 or could be Tuesday at 08:51.

ynotdu wrote: »
    its a scrub but they did consider bending a rule on constraint to my surprise!
    They often do this but never to compromise safety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

good morning guys........enjoy your day and GOD Speed Endevour tomorrow!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The poor crew (and to a much much lesser extent, me!). I'll miss tomorrows launch attempt.

ynotdu wrote: »
    good morning guys........enjoy your day and GOD Speed Endevour tomorrow!:)
    Go to bed!:D

Nightwish wrote: »
    The poor crew (and to a much much lesser extent, me!). I'll miss tomorrows launch attempt.
    Sorry to hear that, such is the life of a Shuttle watcher. it's happened to me so many time over the last 29 years. But the gods have always smilled down on me as I have never missed a launch, 129 and counting:)

So we get to do it all again tomorrow:)

lord lucan wrote: »
    So we get to do it all again tomorrow:)
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah........................:D Go Endeavour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

will the shuttle be passing over Ireland at any stage and will it be visible.

• Advertisement

Beeker wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah........................:D Go Endeavour!

Should be able to get tomorrows Launch attempt in,minus the fry-up.:D

scrubber72 wrote: »
    will the shuttle be passing over Ireland at any stage and will it be visible.
    Yes it sure will but in the mornings. Chech out the times here.

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/cities/skywatch.cgi?country=Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Beeker wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, such is the life of a Shuttle watcher. it's happened to me so many time over the last 29 years. But the gods have always smilled down on me as I have never missed a launch, 129 and counting:)

I unfortunately cant watch it in work! I wish I could. And Wow thats an impressive record :)

Nightwish wrote: »
    I unfortunately cant watch it in work! I wish I could. And Wow thats an impressive record :)
    Yeah I have been a nerd for a long time:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Next attempt at 0414 EST (0914 GMT), right? This is tomorrow obviously.

Kevster wrote: »
    Next attempt at 0414 EST (0914 GMT), right? This is tomorrow obviously.
    Yeah but they may go for tuesday at 08:51. decision will be taken during the day. Check back later:)

It's officially a 24 hour scrub,trying again tomorrow at 09.14(irish time).

NASA Managers have officially scheduled Space Shuttle Endeavour's next launch attempt for Monday, Feb. 8 at 4:14 a.m. EST {09:14 in Ireland}:)

Crew getting out of Endeavour
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20369.0;attach=195775;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20369.0;attach=195781;image

For any early birds on Monday the ISS will be passing over at 05:58 and again at 07:31.

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    It's officially a 24 hour scrub,trying again tomorrow at 09.14(irish time).
    Hope you can squeeze in your fry-up! The're bad for you I hear:eek:

Advertisement