Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-130 Endeavour 6/2/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Beeker wrote: »
    Hope you can squeeze in your fry-up! The're bad for you I hear:eek:

No fry-up tomorrow unfortunately.:(

And fueling has begun for todays 2nd attempt at launch,so far so good.:)

Weather at the moment is 60% chance of acceptable conditions for launch in the morning.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20379.0;attach=195890;image

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Good morning campers! Here we go again:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

60% Go at the moment

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20379.0;attach=196315;image

Morning Beeker!:)

All closed up and ready to go.:cool:

Close out crew getting their pics taken again,this time while on the top floor.:):)

Good morning your Lordship. A bit busier here at work this morning but have it on in front of me:)

Closeout crew leaving the pad now
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20379.0;attach=196337;image

• Advertisement

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20379.0;attach=196335;image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 alexmcleod

Morning fellows,

First time launch-watcher and new to boards.ie as well! So hello!

Watching the live footage on the NASA site but will we be able to see the shuttle from Ireland?

Alex

alexmcleod wrote: »
    Morning fellows,

Watching the live footage on the NASA site but will we be able to see the shuttle from Ireland?

Alex

Welcome aboard Alexmcleod.:)

Won't be visible i'm afraid.

Weather currently red for the 3 TAL sites,think that's the first time i can remember seeing that. Plenty of time left to go though.

alexmcleod wrote: »
    Morning fellows,

Alex
    Good mornin Alex. Not visible this time after launch, but will be visible over ther next few morning flying overhead. Take a look here

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/cities/skywatch.cgi?country=Ireland

Look under Waterford

ynotdu.............Where are you this morning? Get up:D

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20379.0;attach=196345;image

One hour to go but still RED on weather.

Beeker wrote: »
    ynotdu.............Where are you this morning? Get up:D

I think he's still asleep after the first launch attempt!:D:D

Istres in France is green now so thats at least one TAL site available. Makes it easier to get a waiver this morning if they think they can deal with cloud cover at KSC.

• Advertisement

lord lucan wrote: »
    Istres in France is green now so thats at least one TAL site available. Makes it easier to get a waiver this morning if they think they can deal with cloud cover at KSC.
    Yeah looks better this morning:)

T-9 and holding. Final hold!

Currently green for weather at KSC too.

Go/No Go poll in about 30 mins from now.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20379.0;attach=196357;image

Fair bit of frost on the ET,very visible on the shots from NASA TV.

lord lucan wrote: »
    Fair bit of frost on the ET,very visible on the shots from NASA TV.
    Yeah very visible! Not good to see:(

Istres is now looking a bit ropey weather wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I dont have internet access in work, so all you lucky folks who get to watch the launch, enjoy it! Fingers crossed it'll launch as scheduled. I see it looks likely weather will be green at launch window.

• Advertisement

Nightwish wrote: »
    I dont have internet access in work, so all you lucky folks who get to watch the launch, enjoy it! Fingers crossed it'll launch as scheduled. I see it looks likely weather will be green at launch window.
    Good morning Nightwish! Yes all green at this stage, Launch due in about 35min:)

Advertisement