Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-130 Endeavour 6/2/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

And MECO!!:):)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

606 miles downrange
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20379.0;attach=196442;image

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Engine shutdown and tank seperated............In space baby:D

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=20379.0;attach=196448;imageindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=20379.0;attach=196450;image

Great stuff. Only 4 more launches left though.:(:(:(:(

lord lucan wrote: »
    Great stuff. Only 4 more launches left though.:(:(:(:(
    Yeah, dont remind me:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Lads will it be visible in the sky tonight or wha ? I wanna see it chasing the ISS !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Dave! wrote: »
    Lads will it be visible in the sky tonight or wha ? I wanna see it chasing the ISS !

I thought it tomorrow morning???

Nah only early mornings this week check out
    http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/cities/skywatch.cgi?country=Ireland

All the upcoming passes of the ISS are early in the morning. Tomorrow morning is at 06.20(for Lucan),Endeavour will be shortly behind it in the sky.

• Advertisement

Nice launch replays on NASA TV now!:)

Endeavour is due to dock with the Space Station at 06:53 on Wednesday morning. Hatches should open around 07:09.

20101647m.jpg

20101649m.jpg

20101651m.jpg

Sweet pictures

Any high-res ones going around?

Wouldn't mind a new desktop background :D

Sweet pictures

Any high-res ones going around?

Wouldn't mind a new desktop background :D

Try here. http://mediaarchive.ksc.nasa.gov/search.cfm?cat=186
    Click on the L for hi-res. More will be added during the day:)

IMG_7671x.jpg

Nice shot LL! Where did you come accross that one?

It was in the photo's of the STS-130 section on SpaceflightNow.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

lord lucan wrote: »

Hi,ya LL,I need not tell You I am sick at missing the launch today and intend to go through all the posts a bit later,Thanks to You guys for keeping the thread updated.

as you may have guessed:) I knew in advance that i had no hope beyond sundays attempt of watching live.
    most of the highlights of STS-130 i would have to do a McGuyver to view.
    Hope You guys will update when you's can.

just one question,how low did the weather GO get from 40% when the tanking began at a 40% NO GO.

Last update i got last night(2nd attemt) was the team after a meeting to review the weather gave the go at 23.50 to start tanking up via a text from a friend.NASA said they were expecting a go/no go situation all night,but weather for the 3rd&last attempt monday morning looked no better.
    then the Atlas was going to get the range

The weather was very temperamental all morning. The cloud turned out to be scattered enough that it didn't present a constraint to launch. The biggest worry was that the weather at the TAL sites in France and Spain weren't playing ball. In the end they nominated Zaragoza as the preferred TAL site as the weather was slightly better there and thankfully it all worked out.

The weather can be a strange beast. I remember being in the hotel watching the local weather forecast on an Orlando tv station the night before STS-129 and they were giving it a 90% chance of acceptable weather for launch. I'd never seen the forecast that good before! By 11.00 the next morning the weather went red for a brief period!!

Good gallery of launch pics here:http://spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts130/remotes/

Beeker wrote: »
    ynotdu.............Where are you this morning? Get up:D

Well thanks for the thought Beeker,most annoying thing is i was awake but in transport:mad:

Beeker wrote: »
    Yeah I have been a nerd for a long time:D

Lol dont feel lonely about it,Proud to be Nerds!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I showed my 6th class the launch on the screen in school and they've been obsessed with shuttles and space flight ever since. Its been a long 2 days!! A new batch of space nerds is born :D

Good job :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 alexmcleod

Shuttle docking

picture3ua.th.jpg

Greetings and Waves

picture9s.th.jpg

Arrival photo

picture10r.th.jpg

Apologies for the low quality

• Advertisement

Great shots of Endeavour silhouetted against the horizon.

Advertisement