Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

That was a good shout. I have updated my phone as it needed updating. But it still isn't working.
    I really want to listen tonight before it ends :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,126 ✭✭✭✭DvB

That was a good shout. I have updated my phone as it needed updating. But it still isn't working.
    I really want to listen tonight before it ends :-(

After updating the phone, uninstall and reinstall the most up to date app version.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Yayayayayay. Happy happy.

Yayayayayay. Happy happy.

I take it that worked LOL
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Nice work, DvB! :)

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    Nice work, DvB! :)

Its for a good cause!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And that’s that. ChristmasFM with presenters is off the air until November 2021.

I wonder will they return earlier in November this year like they did last year.

I suspect they only did that last year as a way for presenters to trial presenting from home.

Loughc wrote: »
    And that’s that. ChristmasFM with presenters is off the air until November 2021.

I wonder will they return earlier in November this year like they did last year.

I suspect they only did that last year as a way for presenters to trial presenting from home.

It would be great if they did continue to do that but suspect you're spot on with it being the trial of remote presenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I put it on a few minutes ago and listed to a few songs. Just not the same without a presenter.
    Time to hide the app for another 10(ish) months.
    Thoroughly enjoyed the station this year. There's been a few nice songs released over the last couple of years. I particularly liked the Goo Goo Dolls' song.
    Honourable mentions to Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow.
    Coldplay though... Urgh.

But thanks to all the Christmas FM team. They did a brilliant job for the last couple of months. Certainly lifted my spirits when I was feeling down a few times in November and December.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Heroditas wrote: »
    I put it on a few minutes ago and listed to a few songs. Just not the same without a presenter.
    Time to hide the app for another 10(ish) months.
    Thoroughly enjoyed the station this year. There's been a few nice songs released over the last couple of years. I particularly liked the Goo Goo Dolls' song.
    Honourable mentions to Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow.
    Coldplay though... Urgh.

But thanks to all the Christmas FM team. They did a brilliant job for the last couple of months. Certainly lifted my spirits when I was feeling down a few times in November and December.

Completely agree it’s not the same without the presenters.

The goo goo dolls and Robbie Williams songs were brilliant.

The ChristmasFM team are amazing. Their hosts and volunteers do so much work and bring so much joy to the country. If anyone hasn’t download and give the ChristmasFM podcast a listen it’s a great listen and great fun. Hopefully that will be back bigger and better in 2021.

Time to box up ChristmasFM for the next few months. Hopefully it won’t be long before we hear from them again.

• Advertisement

Counting down the days already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Any idea when the final fundraising amount is known?

Maybe it was announced already and I missed it.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Any idea when the final fundraising amount is known?

Maybe it was announced already and I missed it.

I think they announce it mid January at some stage.

Last Christmas final reaches number 1, 36 years after it was first released.

Edit: just seen this already posted in other thread. Anyway worth repeating as such a great song/video.

Ah lads, really missing Christmas FM now... I was doing fine with the Christmas holiday being over until I came in to work & have nothing cheery to keep the mood high... must resist the christmas playlist urge though or I'll be up to my neck in the post christmas blues in no time.

DvB wrote: »
    Ah lads, really missing Christmas FM now... I was doing fine with the Christmas holiday being over until I came in to work & have nothing cheery to keep the mood high... must resist the christmas playlist urge though or I'll be up to my neck in the post christmas blues in no time.

I have my Christmas playlist (updated to include Goo Goo Dolls and Robbie Williams new ones) ready to go for my walk this evening. Will stick to Christmas tunes on all even walks this week then back to podcasts for the following week.

To help me with the lack of Christmassy I'm now working my way through my podcast list, so far I'm playing catch up on all the podcasts I haven't listen to since work ended meaning I have a rang of podcasts dated from 20th Dec to 24th Dec, meaning there is some Christmas ones in there meaning this weeks background noise will be Christmassy.

We fully went over off the dark side and got Alexa for Christmas!

Elf1 has been asking it to play Christmas songs every day since I set it up on Stephens Days.

Very quiet here this morning, miss the chaos if I'm being honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Still listening to ChristmasFM on the ap. Best thing about my smart phone !! Anything to get away from Covid talk !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Jude13

Since st Stephen's day I have been unable to enjoy Christmas music. I have it on my playlist when running and have to keep skipping it.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Since st Stephen's day I have been unable to enjoy Christmas music. I have it on my playlist when running and have to keep skipping it.

I'm the same, just cant listen to it after Christmas FM ends on the 27th tbh.

• Advertisement

OL09pHm.jpg

That’s brilliant news. The badly needed midweek boost. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Excellent! :D I'll definitely try and listen until midnight when they sign off!

Posy wrote: »
    Excellent! :D I'll definitely try and listen until midnight when they sign off!

Was thinking the same. Unlikely I'll be up for the 6am start though.

If anyone is let us know what song they start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Could people take a note of the presenters too? Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

just on line not on FM?

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    just on line not on FM?

Yep, think it just online only.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    just on line not on FM?

That's right- they apply every year for a 30 day temporary license to broadcast on FM between November 28th and December 27th. That's the max you are allowed in a calendar year so online comes in handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I'm looking forward to tomorrow now! :D

• Advertisement

Its beginning to look a lot like little Christmas!!

Advertisement