Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options
1113114115116117119»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,133 ✭✭✭✭DvB

The one thats played on Christmas FM regularly is definitely the Sharon Shannon version/cover. & FWIW, I agree, its one of those that I tire of quickly, i.e. best taken in small doses!

On the subject of Christmas FM, it was 32 weeks to launch day yesterday!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Sharon plays her concertina while Wallis Bird does the vocals. A small dose for me of that song is hearing it once throughout the whole Christmas run of Christmas FM!

During its last run in 2023, I heard two of the principals presenting: Garv Rigby and Daragh O'Sullivan. I did not hear the other two on air: Paul Shepard, aka Ray Jackson, and Walter Hegarty. Were either of them on air last year?

WFH today after a very stressful couple of days in work and thought I'd stick on Classical for some relaxing background music, but not feeling it at all to be honest. Going further still, looking back across 2024 so far I've not really gotten into it at any stage when listening in for even short spells, think I'll try & leave it alone for a few months and revisit it after my summer holidays.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Little update, 30 weeks today, Christmas FM is back on the nations airwaves!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement