Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just spotted in the most recent Halloween fm email a note at the bottom saying Christmas fm is coming back early, so its looking like it won't be a Saturday launch after all...
    Yay!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Just spotted in the most recent Halloween fm email a note at the bottom saying Christmas fm is coming back early, so its looking like it won't be a Saturday launch after all...
    Yay!

Email??

Loughc wrote: »
    Email??

This is what I got this morning...

Hi everyone,

Halloween FM is live today for Halloween.

We'd be delighted if you would help us spread the word - click to listen on https://halloweenfm.ie/, on the Christmas FM app, on TuneIn and on online platforms.
    Halloween FM is on the following socials if you'd like to follow/share https://www.facebook.com/halloweenfm/
    https://twitter.com/halloweenfmie
    https://www.instagram.com/halloweenfm

Our sponsor for Halloween FM is The Cosutme Shop.ie

Christmas FM is coming back soon.
    We'll send you an email next week letting you know when Christmas FM is coming back. sssshhhhhh it's coming back early!!

In the meantime we wish you a Happy Halloween! ðŸŽ႒

Thank you and stay safe.

The Christmas List Team

Email??

Yep.

Do you not subscribe?

Got the same one as above myself.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yep.

Do you not subscribe?

Got the same one as above myself.

I obviously don’t :O

• Advertisement

I obviously don’t :O

Of all people! Tut tut LOL.
    Its on the website anyway, click to subscribe type of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Wow that’s amazing if it comes back early so kind of them when we all need them most they are giving to us by keeping our spirits up through COVID can’t wait
    Off to hit subscribe now :)

SarahLil wrote: »
    Wow that’s amazing if it comes back early so kind of them when we all need them most they are giving to us by keeping our spirits up through COVID can’t wait
    Off to hit subscribe now :)

If you find the subscribe button let us know :)

It maybe a year old but it’s still a great hype Video for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Man that is some great news. I am only allowed (as a grown up) listen to Christmas music and decorate when Christmas fm launches so the earlier the better.

• Advertisement

So judging from last year we should get word on the official start date on around the 10th of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

If you find the subscribe button let us know :)

No luck finding it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I was listening to their app earlier and it said they’re back live in Ireland on 28th November

I was listening to their app earlier and it said they’re back live in Ireland on 28th November

I’m hoping that’s an automatic thing from last year as the 28th was the date last year so the 28th wouldn’t be earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I’m hoping that’s an automatic thing from last year as the 28th was the date last year so the 28th wouldn’t be earlier.

I hope so too!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

I heard a presenter mention the 28th earlier for the FM station, but they said something is happening this Thursday as well?

I heard a presenter mention the 28th earlier for the FM station, but they said something is happening this Thursday as well?

They must be announcing the go live date and FM frequencies on Thursday.

Fingers crossed for Friday 13th!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Of all people! Tut tut LOL.
    Its on the website anyway, click to subscribe type of thing.

I assume that signing up for the newsletter is the same thing??

TRS30 wrote: »
    I assume that signing up for the newsletter is the same thing??

I think so.
    I did it so long ago i genuinely can't remember.

• Advertisement

I think so.
    I did it so long ago i genuinely can't remember.

Let's hope so as couldnt find a subscribe button for the life of me.

Either way, thanks for the heads up.

Promise I wouldn't mention the NFL in return :D

ChristmasFM just posted up on IG to keep an eye out on their stories over the next couple of days as they might have some news for us!! :)

TRS30 wrote: »
    Promise I wouldn't mention the NFL in return :D

I gave up on this season when Dak got injured. we'll finish 2-14 & hopefully get a new head coach to replace bozo. If that happens it will have been worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

A number of Christmas FM presenters have had involvement with community radio stations. They include: Mark Manning, Gerry Healy, Declan Ralph, Lar Flynn, Sarah Jane Fortune and Karl Tsignidos. I am sure there are others.

Further to previous posts, I found some more connections.
    ………

What else do the following Christmas FM presenters all have in common: Keith Shanley, Kieran Carrick, Emmet Reilly, Brian Boyle and Shay Harford ?

Answer: they all present on English language Spanish station Real FM.
    Scottish native Craig McComish and Christmas FM presenter is also a presenter on Real FM.
    Since the Christian-oriented music station Spirit Radio (or Spirit FM) has launched, there have been a lot of connections with Christmas FM.

Garvan Rigby was the original Programme Director for Spirit Radio.

The following presenters of Christmas FM have also been presenters on Spirit Radio:
    Kieran Carrick, Shay Harford, Bernie Jamieson, Mark Manning, Gerry Healy, Wendy Grace and Ollie Clarke. I'm sure there has been more.
    And I was right! Adrian Nolan and Aisling Cuffe are also involved with Spirit Radio.

ChristmasFM just posted up on IG to keep an eye out on their stories over the next couple of days as they might have some news for us!! :)

Could I be cheeky please and ask that someone who uses IG post a screenshot of the story when Christmas FM puts it up? :)

Could I be cheeky please and ask that someone who uses IG post a screenshot of the story when Christmas FM puts it up? :)

Not cheeky at all, I will be all over it as soon as they post any info :)

Was going to ask the same. Not on IG however love a good story :D

Thumbs up emoji

Thank you! I'm not on social media and this would just make my week :D

Jesus you have no idea how that post got me excited. I have an ironclad agreement that we can decorate the day Christmas fm launches.

Is IG Instagram? I'm not down with the kids.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    Jesus you have no idea how that post got me excited. I have an ironclad agreement that we can decorate the day Christmas fm launches.

Is IG Instagram? I'm not down with the kids.

Yes IG is Instagram... I'm not down with the kids either... :o

Advertisement