Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have an account but it only has pics of the mutt and it is mainly to keep an eye on what my eldest posts. Hanging on to my 30's and already been left behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Jude13 wrote: »
    Is IG Instagram? I'm not down with the kids.

IG
    'the gram
    Insta

I have been reliably informed (15yo nephew) all the above can be used.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Christmas FM 2020 as per bai.ie

Dublin City & County - 105.2MHz
    Cork City & County - 106.7MHz
    Limerick City & County - 105.5MHz
    Kilkenny City - 104.3MHz
    Wicklow Town - 106.6MHz
    South East - 103.8MHz
    Galway City - 87.7MHz
    Kildare - 88.1MHz
    Bray/N Wicklow - 99.5MHz
    Longford/N Midlands - 101.6MHz
    Cavan/North East - 99.4MHz
    Tralee/Killarney/Mid Kerry - 105.0MHz
    Clare/W Limerick/N Kerry - 105.2MHz
    Waterford City/E Waterford - 105.9MHz
    North Donegal - 105.7MHz
    Sligo - 95.0MHz

I have edited the locations as the sites in question have different coverage to the areas specified on the BAI website. For example, the Donegal site is near Letterkenny and wouldn't be received well in the S/W of the county. On the opposite side of the coin, the Clare outlet is well received across West Limerick and North Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

marno21 wrote: »

Kilkenny City - 104.3MHz
    Wicklow Town - 106.6MHz
    South East - 103.8MHz
    Galway City - 87.7MHz
    Kildare - 88.1MHz
    Bray/N Wicklow - 99.5MHz
    North Donegal - 105.7MHz
    Sligo - 95.0MHz

I have edited the locations as the sites in question have different coverage to the areas specified on the BAI website. For example, the Donegal site is near Letterkenny and wouldn't be received well in the S/W of the county. On the opposite side of the coin, the Clare outlet is well received across West Limerick and North Kerry.

That's an impressive number of places. Taking into account adjacent areas to allotted frequencies as well, this means it will be almost nationwide on FM this year.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

That's an impressive number of places. Taking into account adjacent areas to allotted frequencies as well, this means it will be almost nationwide on FM this year.

On the N21 at the viewpoint near Newcastlewest in Co. Limerick it can be received on 9 separate frequencies these days. An incredible feat of growth.

(Galway, Kildare, Limerick, Clare, Kerry, SE, Cork, Cavan, Longford frequencies for those wondering)

• Advertisement

Kilkenny City - 104.3MHz
    Wicklow Town - 106.6MHz
    South East - 103.8MHz
    Galway City - 87.7MHz
    Kildare - 88.1MHz
    Bray/N Wicklow - 99.5MHz
    North Donegal - 105.7MHz
    Sligo - 95.0MHz

105.2 burnt into my brain!

TRS30 wrote: »
    105.2 burnt into my brain!

87.7 for mise! :)

It makes me sad every year that it's not available in Mayo though, the most festive county colours in the country :D

87.7 for mise! :)

It makes me sad every year that it's not available in Mayo though, the most festive county colours in the country :D

We could play a game of guess where you live based on the frequency number :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

We could play a game of guess where you live based on the frequency number :D

If someone says 106.6, that really narrows it down!

Or listening online....

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    Or listening online....

My family in Mayo listen online too, I must remind them all to put the app on their phones :)

Never leaves my phone and has been played in the height of summer in Kuwait, Saudi etc with gusto.

it would be great if there was a donate button on the app. I know there is on the website.

The app is on my phone all year round, but the fam are seasonal :)
    Yea the donate button would be handy alright.

On the radio in the car and on the app on my phone everywhere else,

Ive said it before on here but driving from Dublin to Limerick with Christmas fm on and spotting other cars occupants singing along is one of my abiding Christmas memories. Makes me all smiley thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,187 ✭✭✭✭DvB

On the radio in the car and on the app on my phone everywhere else,

Same.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Kilkenny City - 104.3MHz
    Wicklow Town - 106.6MHz
    South East - 103.8MHz
    Galway City - 87.7MHz
    Kildare - 88.1MHz
    Bray/N Wicklow - 99.5MHz
    North Donegal - 105.7MHz
    Sligo - 95.0MHz

Hope they have decent signal in tipperary this year, last year had to use the phone app a majortiy of the time depending on where in the county i was

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Hope they have decent signal in tipperary this year, last year had to use the phone app a majortiy of the time depending on where in the county i was

It’ll be the same as last year. 105.2/105.5 will be strong in NW Tipp nearer the Clare/Limerick borders. The 103.8 outlet would be useful in the east of the county for anyone who normally gets other radio stations from Mount Leinster (89.6/91.8/94.0/99.2/101.4/102.0/107.2).

If they were to add more outlets going forward a Clonmel/South Tipp outlet may be considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

It’ll be the same as last year. 105.2/105.5 will be strong in NW Tipp nearer the Clare/Limerick borders. The 103.8 outlet would be useful in the east of the county for anyone who normally gets other radio stations from Mount Leinster (89.6/91.8/94.0/99.2/101.4/102.0/107.2).

If they were to add more outlets going forward a Clonmel/South Tipp outlet may be considered.

Yeah, anything above thurles seemed to be good but once you start moving down further there is little to no signal unless you catch the Kilkenny one or the Waterford one

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

There will be an announcement today at 12pm according to Instagram :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ChristmasFM just posted up on Instagram that they have a BIG announcement coming today at 12pm.

And I thought it was going to be a slow news day!! :D

Loughc wrote: »
    ChristmasFM just posted up on Instagram that they have a BIG announcement coming today at 12pm.

And I thought it was going to be a slow news day!! :D

Snap

• Registered Users Posts: 10,187 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Back online live from today!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

DvB wrote: »

Really I am only getting online now from this morning ?

Screenshot-20201105-120135.png

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »

Yes just seen that on Instagram!!

Amazing news with presenters and all.

The first song on the Online Launch was Andy Williams, "The Most Wonderful Time of The Year"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Loughc wrote: »
    Yes just seen that on Instagram!!

Amazing news with presenters and all.

The first song on the Online Launch was Andy Williams, "The Most Wonderful Time of The Year"

I missed the first song. They need to give us more that zero notice! Listening to Jingle Bells now though!

I had it on one day during the week and thought I heard a presenter, they must have been running tests.

Fair play to them for trying to lift the mood of the nation, a bit of Christmas FM will definitely help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Screenshot-20201105-120135.png

Thank you !
    Am sure I will be listening often WFH !

pigtail33 wrote: »
    Fair play to them for trying to lift the mood of the nation, a bit of Christmas FM will definitely help.

Completely agree, I woke up in a terrible mood this morning but this has completely lifted my spirits! :)

• Advertisement

Strangely there's been no presenter yet.... which makes me wonder how is this any different to the Online ChristmasFM stream which streams all year long?

Advertisement