Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TA Events - 2010 heads up

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

building X 8 is the church style building usually used for in game admin stuff by the marshalls etc etc, dunno about x7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

P.K wrote: »
    building X 8 is the church style building usually used for in game admin stuff by the marshalls etc etc, dunno about x7

x7 is in game for the event, but as previous stated best bet is to grab the events maps ian has posted in each factions forums, these maps are a lot clearer and have the grib references that will be used for support during the game

on a side note to this....
    if you have not yet registered on the ta events forums or gotten access to your factions private forum it is a good idea to go and do it, there is important information within them as to what you will be doing at the event, it is best to get this information yourself and not rely on someone else filling you in on the day

http://www.ta-events.co.uk/forum/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

anyone going to bring a few beers for the fri night, just a few nothing mad
    defo jus few quite beers and a good laugh:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

First-time attendees should to go back to the PR3 thread and read some of the cautions about this site.

Yes, we're going at the end of May and the weather is likely to be benign, but if it's cold, wet and windy you need to be prepared. The village is 750 metres up in the Welsh Mountains, and if you turn up squiffy, dehydrated or without suitable clothing you will not be allowed to play.

Mountains are beautiful, but they can bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

if drinking is not to be then it is not to be, i just wanted to see what everyone else was doing the night before, don't want to turn up with nothing but my guns some bb's to find out there is a mad party going on , and me there with one arm as long as the other....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

if drinking is not to be then it is not to be, i just wanted to see what everyone else was doing the night before, don't want to turn up with nothing but my guns some bb's to find out there is a mad party going on , and me there with one arm as long as the other....:D
    no man bring some beers there are a few of us that will be drinking but wont be anything excessive;)

Jimkil wrote: »
    Hi
    Does anyone know what are the official building numbers in the pic below.
    I rely just need the numbers 1-8 marked X.
    Thanks in advance

Luckily, Ian's still using the same map of Cilieni Village that we've been using for a couple of years now. As Puding has mentioned, it's available in your faction forum on the TA website. It's also been posted on boards several times before in the Phoenix Rising threads.

It's best to use that, as the photo quoted earlier has some errors:
    - the one to the southeast of 20 (I can't make out its X number) is building 7
    - the one you have marked as 3 is actually 5
    - there are two marked 18, the one below 5 is building 17
    - the building between 12 and 11B is the infamous building 6
    - the ruined area below it is 26 and is off-limits
    - Buildings X8 "The Church" (used for Admin), 11B and 4 are off-limits.

Also, the site falls about 30 metres from the Car Park to the treeline southwest of the row of buildings 22 to 17. It's not as flat as it looks on the photo.

should i throw in me gillie suit or will it all be urban type terrain, i can see trees and suff from the pics but is it over grown, is there much in the way of long grass/cover for sniping e.t.c.

No, it's pretty much a waste of time. There are trees around the village, but the game rarely spends much time there. It's 99% urban.

The village is in regular use for training, so there's no long grass and no rubbish. It has to be inspected before and after every time it's signed over to someone, so it's maintained in an excellent condition. For example, all the BBs have to be swept up after every airsoft game.

My photos from last year are here. There are loads of other photos online, have a look in the Phoenix Rising threads for the Flikr streams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

should i throw in me gillie suit or will it all be urban type terrain, i can see trees and suff from the pics but is it over grown, is there much in the way of long grass/cover for sniping e.t.c.
    As it is a battlesim, only snipers will be ghillied up - and sniping over there is a lot different to what it is here with the higher fps and roe for snipers.

(the following is not directed at anyone in, particular)

I dont want to harp on, but I get the impression that a some people are thinking this is going to be something like a mad big skirmish. It is NOT. you will be part of a unit and your section commander will tell you what to do, where to go and when to rest. He in turn will be receiving his orders from the platoon commander, and so on up the chain of command. You may see a bunch of enemy off in the distance and would like to give em a good pasting, but unless it's in your orders, you will be leaving them alone. Prepare to go through a couple of midcaps over the whole event - it is possible this may be the case. If you are a section medic, make sure you are fit, because you will be running around like a lunatic from casualty to casualty once the action gets wild.
    Most importantly of all, get into the frame of mind that you are there to enjoy yourself in a new and exciting way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

Very good point BioHazRd.

This event is not a skirmish, but neither is it a hardcore milsim event, it some where in between.

With regardso to the maps. This is a new map for this event because it has different coordinates to previous games.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

OzCam wrote: »
    First-time attendees should to go back to the PR3 thread and read some of the cautions about this site.

Yes, we're going at the end of May and the weather is likely to be benign, but if it's cold, wet and windy you need to be prepared. The village is 750 metres up in the Welsh Mountains, and if you turn up squiffy, dehydrated or without suitable clothing you will not be allowed to play.

Mountains are beautiful, but they can bite.

Just to put this in perspective; I was at an event last July (yes, July), and the rest of the UK was basking in glorious sunshine and hot weather in the mid to high 20s. But Sennybridge was cold, and in the midst of day-long torrential rain.

You've been warned plenty folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

And yet during during April and August it was very hot.

so you can never tell, but prepare for the worst!

jesus i cant feck'n wait its going to be cool, just got sorted for me ferry with JIMKIL cheers , we are sailing out of Dunlaoire on fri , it seems to be the ferry most are on wheeeyyyyyyyyy hhheyyyyyy.....see ye all then:D if the seas are roungh i will be the one :Dpuking and drinking:D if it's calm i will be the one drinking then puking:D..............happy days fleecy

p.s. even if i don't drink i'll be sick............lol

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

OzCam wrote: »

Maybe I'm being thick but I can't find the old thread - can anyone point me in the right direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Maybe I'm being thick but I can't find the old thread - can anyone point me in the right direction?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055460846

wormbyte wrote: »
    With regardso to the maps. This is a new map for this event because it has different coordinates to previous games.

Oh Noes! Now he tells us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G.I Joseph

Lads,
    Ian has just sent out another newsletter incase you didnt recieve it.
    Just to let yous know he wants every one to submit the reg plate of the vehicle theyre travelling in along with sleeping plans etc. (mostly filled out in survey).
    And to remind yous about the trip over you will need the invitation print out to show customs and the likes.
    The site will open on friday at 17.00(to be confirmed)
    The brief will be at 10.30 on sat so be ready to move out before that.

Thanks,
    Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

used google to check route from hollyhead to sennybridge.
    i knew it was about 4 hour drive but the route planner is all turns, you bearly stay on the same strech of road for more then a mile or 2 at a time, so sat nav or a very well planed out route is esential if you dont want to end up in Scotland.

Personly, i like scotland, good drink

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

It's actually a lovely drive down from holyhead, takes about 4 hours with stops.

• Advertisement

The drive down to Senny is one of the best. I don't remember there being too many turns. Roads are perfect. It puts all of our roads to shame including the motorways. I can't wait to go for the drive alone. Airsoft at Senny is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

The drive down to Senny is one of the best. I don't remember there being too many turns. Roads are perfect. It puts all of our roads to shame including the motorways. I can't wait to go for the drive alone. Airsoft at Senny is a bonus.
    Helps to have a good car to do it in :)

kdouglas wrote: »
    Helps to have a good car to do it in :)

The views not bad either. :)

the journey is not bad at all really, just remember to go to the old service station first and you should have no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I wish i could bring my fun car, but that hardly has room for a pizza box in the boot. So dull diesel it will be. I have to say it does look like a fun road. Where do people recomend to stop for supplies, wheres the nearest tesco/asda

I wish i could bring my fun car, but that hardly has room for a pizza box in the boot. So dull diesel it will be. I have to say it does look like a fun road. Where do people recomend to stop for supplies, wheres the nearest tesco/asda

Last chance is Aldi in Brecon. There's a decent Tesco in Holyhead as well, just off the Motorway. The service stations I've found in Wales (to best of recollection) tend not to be great for getting anything other than immediate food or petrol, and most are not particularly cheap when considering alternatives.

we get the early ferry from rosslare so lots of time to spare, last time we just found a tescos on the way, picked up water and any other little bits and bobs you might need

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Lemming wrote: »
    Last chance is Aldi in Brecon. There's a decent Tesco in Holyhead as well, just off the Motorway. The service stations I've found in Wales (to best of recollection) tend not to be great for getting anything other than immediate food or petrol, and most are not particularly cheap when considering alternatives.

The Aldi in Brecon closes at 6, which is often too early. There's a morrison's there as well, which is actually much nicer.

Remember there's no running water at the site, so bring your own, at least 4L per person.

gerrowadat wrote: »
    The Aldi in Brecon closes at 6, which is often too early. There's a morrison's there as well, which is actually much nicer.

Didn't realise there was a morrisons. They're also usually cheaper on balance too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

If ye hit the Morrissons, pick us up a couple of the oat flapjacks. They were freakishly delicious.

And actually very good snack food to have in your pockets. 2 or 3 of them keep hunger at bay till main meals.

Advertisement