Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TA Events - 2010 heads up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Skatedude wrote: »
    i dont mind spending the money, normally have to to get something that fits properly,
    i just saw the post in ta that your chest rig dosent have to be a match, so i should be able to use my digital woodland vest,

Not sure you'd get away with woodland vest.

Anyway, I'd recomend Helikon gear for MC. If you know your size buy it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Not sure you'd get away with woodland vest.

Anyway, I'd recomend Helikon gear for MC. If you know your size buy it online.

only bdu camouflage is restricted , you can wear any colour/pattern camo but just be aware than wearing a woodland vest might cause some confusion you do not want blue on blue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

the only place i now to get a p90 vest thats not simply black or od is thevestguy and it dosent list muilticam as a colour option for it,

The joys of using a p90

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

the only place i now to get a p90 vest thats not simply black or od is thevestguy and it dosent list muilticam as a colour option for it,

The joys of using a p90

Get youself a tan MOLLE vest and kit it out as you'd like.

http://images.google.ie/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=p90+molle&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&start=0

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

scanlant wrote: »
    If you don't mind spending the money and want good kit, try UKTactical.com. I have a RICAS and a TMV from them and they are much better than the clone kit. My TMV Eagle cost £79.99 plus £15 shipping, so not much more expensive than the clones.

Linky

QFT. As a general rule of thumb, the stuff you buy off UKTactical is nigh on indestructable. I've bought molle off them in the past that you can quite literally swing a cow out of and the stuff just will not break.

• Advertisement

I like the molle stuff, but i found it a bit too warm for me, perfer as much mesh as possible or i die of heat exhaustion(or running too much).

So ordered a multicam p90 vest from thevestguy, not as good as molle or blackhawk, but much cooler for summer. i'm also planning on getting a few multicam under armour tee shirts for use during the day.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/multicam-tight-combat-shirt-p-167.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I like the molle stuff, but i found it a bit too warm for me, perfer as much mesh as possible or i die of heat exhaustion(or running too much).

So ordered a multicam p90 vest from thevestguy, not as good as molle or blackhawk, but much cooler for summer. i'm also planning on getting a few multicam under armour tee shirts for use during the day.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/multicam-tight-combat-shirt-p-167.html

I have that in a large and its a pretty snugg fit for my ripped physique.,:D
    your a fair bit taller than me so id advise going xl or even larger. :)

definatly going for xl as thats as large as they do and even that may be a bit of a tight fit, they should do a beer belly size

so whos up for a meet & greet skirimish on may 22 before TA so we can put names to nicks and then try and get out of giving lifts to people once we have met them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

so whos up for a meet & greet skirimish on may 22 before TA so we can put names to nicks and then try and get out of giving lifts to people once we have met them:)

im in. question is where ?

• Advertisement

possibly hrta as it does have the buildings to pratice with, but i'm up for suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭moggser

im presuming that every one that is going got this reminder but if not here is a rough on for you to brush up on

Event Update Issue 1 CORRECTION
    Pyrotechnics - If you received the first event update then we would like to make one correction. We said that any pyro that you pre-order you will be committed to buying. This was a mistake and should of read as...

"You will not be committed to buying anything you pre-order."

We would like to emphasise once more though that we strongly recommend pre-ordering your pyro for the event to avoid disappointment in the event of selling out. We will be taking a small quantity of extra pyro on top of the pre-orders though for anyone that wants to purchase more pyro during the event.

Rule Updates
    All updates to the rules below can be found on the rules page

Sniper ammo limits
    It has come to our attention that there was a typo mistake with regards to the sniper ammo limits. The backup weapon used by a sniper is limited to 300 bb's.

Vehicle rules
    We also noticed that older vehicle rules has been published and they have now been ammended on the rules page. This mainly effects the rules on shooting at or in to vehicles.

Stun Grenades
    We want to remind you of the new stun grenades that are to be used with Thermobaric pyro. If a thermobaric (stun grenade) is used inside a room then all players in the room are stunned for 10 seconds and can not carry out any action during this 10 seconds.

We urge you to be sensible with this rule and not to go blazing in to a room filled with stunned players. 10 Seconds is more than enough time to knife kill anyone inside or to capture a commander.

Guides
    All updates to the guides below can be found on the guides page

Casualty Cards (Medic Guide)
    Details descriptions of the Casualty Cards can now be found on the Medic Guide.

Please read over the Medic Guide to get familiar about how the cards work.

All players should read the guide as all players will have to initially use the cards when working out their "bleed out time".

Fire Support
    Details on how to call for Fire Support is now available on the Fire Support Guide.

BATCOM (Battle Command)

The screen above is a working draft of the BATCOM screen that will be available on a projected screen within the HQ. The final version is still be skinned but the draft version available hilights the core functionality.

As you can see from the screen shot. All friendly and known enemy units will be plotted on the map and will be updated by HQ staff. This will give you an accurate picture of the battlefield which is only as accurate as the information provided by squad commanders and Battle commander as they report back their SITREPS to the command post.

Friendly forces are represented by blue squares and enemy units are displayed as red diamonds. Both units types have their known strength displayed within their unit icon and friendly units will have their callsign displayed above the unit icon.

As well as this, unit tasks will also be displayed within a panel on the left which scrolls through all the units every 5 seconds.

There is also a KIA tally above the unit tasks which show friendly and known enemy KIA's.

Gate opening times
    We are still waiting for confirmation on this from the MOD but we are expecting the check-in doors to open at 17.00 on the Friday night.

We will update you again when we have received confirmation on the timings.

Pre-game Survey
    We will be releasing a pre-game survey asking questions about your sleeping preferences, food requirements etc.

An email will be sent out to you with a link to the survey once it has been released.

Private Forums
    Mission Orders have now been published for all sides in the private forum area.

Chernarussian Defence Forces (CDF)

United States Marine Corps (USMC)

Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star (ChDKZ)

If you do not know the passwords then login to My Booking using your player booking reference, and providing you have paid your deposit then the password will be published within your My Booking page.

Car Registrations Number Plates
    We need to know of all cars that are planning on parking in the event car park.

We have to submit the plate numbers to the MOD before the game and so far we have only received 28 number plates.

Please use the My Booking section to tell us the number plate of the vehicle you are using to travel to the event, even if you are only a passenger within the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

possibly hrta as it does have the buildings to pratice with, but i'm up for suggestions

havn't been to the new hrta site yet are there any photos of it ?
    also maz is a possibility there cqb site is good.

the new hrta looks promising, havent been there yet, but it looks like the buildings are setup to a be more suitable for cqb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 docinabox

Lemming wrote: »
    QFT. As a general rule of thumb, the stuff you buy off UKTactical is nigh on indestructable. I've bought molle off them in the past that you can quite literally swing a cow out of and the stuff just will not break.

Im happy to hear that as I ordered a vest the last day off them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

We have a slight change to the Stun Grenade rules.

This has been posted on the TA Forum and the rules page has been updated.

Do to pressure from players we are going to change the rule for Stun Grenades.

Only Multi-bangs pyro (standard + 3rd Generation multi-bangs) will be used to represent stun grenades.

It was thought that 3 quick bangs would be easier to recognise rather than the signature of a thermobaric.

Thermobarics are still a good pyro though as they are great as distraction devices during the night due to their large signature flash.

We have now added multi-bangs to the pre-order pyro list of pyro...http://www.ta-events.co.uk/mybooking/secure/pyro/.

If you have pre-ordered Thermobarics because they were to be used as Stun Grenades then you will now need to change your order to Multi-bangs instead.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, but we do think this will avoid confusion during the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jimkil

Can someone who played this event offer some help on these questions:

When you walk into the village is it necessary to have everything on your person. Or is it possible to refill stuff like water,snack food, and reload when forced to return to the regen or HQ.

How do Stand Down's work? Will your squad be forced to take one or two. If yes for how long. Is this sleep time and time to get a hot meal.

Is a side arm necessary.
    It eats into your ammo limit. Requires you to carry gas. Its just extra weight.

If you had to return to regen how do return to your unit. On foot, transport or do you have to fight your way back.

Thanks in advance

Jimkil wrote: »
    Can someone who played this event offer some help on these questions:

When you walk into the village is it necessary to have everything on your person. Or is it possible to refill stuff like water,snack food, and reload when forced to return to the regen or HQ.

it really comes down to how you want to play, there are some people that will carry almost everything with them and use keep bb at the HQ or FOB for reloads, the last majority of people will go half and half, they will generally have a bag at hq with bits a bobs in like food and extra water that you can go back to hq for, you can also go back to your car, but this is generally only for spare aegs and such

my recommendation would be to carry what you need to fight and a few snacks maybe plus a load of water on you and have anything extra in a pack you can then leabe this pack at hq or fob or carry it into the field you want to, leave all you options open to you

there is no drinking water on site so best bet is to get together with them people your traveling with and pop into tescos on the way to the site

How do Stand Down's work? Will your squad be forced to take one or two. If yes for how long. Is this sleep time and time to get a hot meal.

nothing is enforced this is a full 24 hour event, but it is advisable to have some down time either in or out of game, this will help you perform at your vest and more importantly you will simply enjoy the game more, i know this from experience at past events i;ve run myself into the group without a rest and it as put a dampener on the weekend

normally stand down is arranged in your squad, it could be that half are on and half off system or you could all go to your co and say your going out of game for a couple of hours, its really up to you, but its good to be honest to yourself and your squad if you need a rest say something if you just try and be macho it can end badly

Is a side arm necessary.

its not 100% needed, it has it advantages and disadvantages so it is really a personal choice, i've run a few events without one without issue, the only reason im using one this year is due to the minimum engagement range with a sniper, but it is not a must and not having one will not spoil your event in any way

If you had to return to regen how do return to your unit. On foot, transport or do you have to fight your way back.

on foot and you may have to fight your way back at time, it all depends on how the game is going, if your team has a strong solid front line you will not have to much trouble but it is not normally as easy as that :) but it is part of the fun and part of milsim, i got cut off from my unit last time so joined up with another squad who where traveling in the right direct attacking there own objective, they took there and it allowed me to move up and rejoin my squad

if in doubt with something like this, simply report to the CO at HQ and report that your cut off, if you can not get back to your squad good indication that they could be in trouble :)

Thanks in advance

answer to the best of my ability in bold

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

You can return to HQ/your car/the burger van as and when you choose. You can also carry stuff with you if you like.

'Forced'? No, not in my experience. Getting time to eat, rest, hydrate, etc. is however greatly advised or else you will do yourself no favours before 6pm on Saturday evening. You are not a one-man army. You are not Rambo, the Terminator, Robocop, or Jason Bourne. You do have limits and you will most likely find them during the event unless you look after yourself. Look after yourself, and look after your team-mates. If they're looking ready to drop, let them know they need to look after themselves, etc.
    Is a side arm necessary.

Necessary? No, not unless you're a sniper really. Handy? sometimes. Dead-weight? Sometimes. It's your decision.

Combination of all one and three, unless you get the rare opportunity to use a vehicle. And by 'rare' I mean /rare/ as in blue moon rare.

Edit. Puding beat me to it, damn my fingers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

You can have a BP you can leave at the spawn. The safe zone is also a 5 minute walk away. I usually take my BP with me, as you could be holed up in a bldg for a few hours, or have a designated mule for a couple of people's stuff.

Any unit usually gets a stand down for a few hours, although not guaranteed. Bring high-nutrition grub into the field with you.

Sidearm isn't strictly necessary. I found it useful when clearing rooms etc. You might use it once or twice, so ditce your gas and just bring loaded mags as a last resort.

You have to fight your way back. You can usually find out where your unit is at your team's HQ there should be a mini-map on a projector). Usually you should wait for 2-3 people from a section to be regenning so you've a better chance of getting back. Also usually there are battle lines, so you can get most of the way to your section without much resistance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

I'm going to Sennybridge for the first time myself this year and I was wondering about pistols. I've decided that I want to have one on me in case of room clearance, problem with AEG etc but what's the deal with air cans - will you be able to carry them in game or do they have to be left at the FOB?
    And how long should I expect my GBB pistol to hold a charge in its mag?
    I ask because I have an Army Armaments G17. Now the mag that I got with it (second hand) seems to lose all of it's air after an hour or two, so I've bought two brand new mags because apart from that it seems to be a great little pistol. I'm just wondering how long I can expect them to hold their air for.

I going to Sennybridge for the first time myself this year and I was wondering about pistols. I've decided that I want to have one on me in case of room clearance, problem with AEG etc but what's the deal with air cans - will you be able to carry them in game or do they have to be left at the FOB?
    And how long should I expect my GBB pistol to hold a charge in its mag?
    I ask because I have an Army Armaments G17. Now the mag that I got with it (second hand) seems to lose all of it's air after an hour or two, so I've bought two brand new mags because apart from that it seems to be a great little pistol. I'm just wondering how long I can expect them to hold their air for.

tbh they would be left at HQ or fob, because the only ammo you can carry is in your mags you would not refill gas in the field as most gbb will allow you to fire all you mag on one fill of gas, you will run out of bb in your mags before gas so when your reload bb at hq/fob you can refill gas, there is nothing stopping you carrying gas on you but personally i do not see the point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Puding wrote: »
    there is nothing stopping you carrying gas on you but personally i do not see the point
    It is also unsafe - green gas (most commonly used) is actually propane - highly flammable. In my experience, carrying gas cannisters into the field of play is very much frowned upon

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭The_ChiefDUB

BioHazRd wrote: »
    It is also unsafe - green gas (most commonly used) is actually propane - highly flammable. In my experience, carrying gas cannisters into the field of play is very much frowned upon

That's what I figured from the rules on most sites. Just wondered if it might be different here with people out in the field for such long stretches.

Thanks for the info lads.

BioHazRd wrote: »

good point, tbh never really would have got to the frowned upon area myself, as personally i've never really seen it happen down hear, you seem to have a little more experience of it happening it would seem

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jimkil

Hi
    Does anyone know what are the official building numbers in the pic below.
    I rely just need the numbers 1-8 marked X.
    Thanks in advance
    new2n.jpg

best bet is to pick up the official maps of the ta events forums for your faction as most of those numbers defer from what ian is using for the event

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Hi
    Does anyone know what are the official building numbers in the pic below.
    I rely just need the numbers 1-8 marked X.
    Thanks in advance
    new2n.jpg

The buildings marked X1, 2, 2, 4, 5 on the right are off game, that's the safe zone and car park.

Best to refer to the official map on the TA forums, that'll have the numbers in use.

Ian has put up a pre-game survey up on the forum for the players going

http://www.ta-events.co.uk/forum/index.php?showannouncement=22&f=76

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

anyone going to bring a few beers for the fri night, just a few nothing mad

Advertisement