Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TA Events - 2010 heads up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jimkil

I was watching some of the videos on youtube over the weekend and realised I have next to no experience in taking multi story buildings. So, does anyone out there have a spare building to practice and train in? If not would anyone want to do some training in HRTA also if anyone as any other ideas let me know?
    Who is our top man at this? Would he do training day?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

If anyone has not booked their ferry for this I would suggest you get on it now, I saw that some sailings that weekend are sold out already.

Hawks Senny info Inc Ferry's

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Jimkil wrote: »
    I was watching some of the videos on youtube over the weekend and realised I have next to no experience in taking multi story buildings. So, does anyone out there have a spare building to practice and train in? If not would anyone want to do some training in HRTA also if anyone as any other ideas let me know?

Thanks

Use the event as a training exercise.

Read/understand the rules, know your objectives, be aware of your sections position, do whatever your commander tells you and above all enjoy yourself. Everything you experience from this event, if it’s your first, will drive you to seek out other milsim games. There’s a follow-up event to this one in September (25th/26th) and before that in July The Uprising II (17th/18th).

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

Did up a bit of a poster for anyone who wants to use it on their team site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Danin wrote: »

love it danin :)

• Advertisement

Danin wrote: »

Something a little less commy and a bit more Hero US coming to save another country :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Danin

fayer wrote: »
    Something a little less commy and a bit more Hero US coming to save another country :)

I can do a US one for you if you think you would use it

i would not worry danin i have already done one for them ;)

mcdonalds-thumbcopy.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

embed did not seem to work for you there :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I've said it before - they need to work on a softer image for UNICEF.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭fleecymanager

:Pstill think 6000 bb limit per hour would work:P

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭jinko

Jimkil wrote: »

Thanks

not a bad idea jimkil maybe a training day a week or 2 before we go over would be a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I think a lot of the stuff you need to know doesn't need to be covered in person. A lot of it goes out the window when you're in action anyway, and half the fun in senny is people pulling off epic ****, not stacking up and doing stuff like in themovies.

There were 3 or 4 training days before PR3, mainly it was Johnny from the ghosts going on about stuff, even though he hadn't a breezeblock (and then getting in trouble with his uncle, lolz). Almost none of it was used apart from the radio/comms stuff, which was done just standing around.

I'd say the best bet for first-timers or first-time teams or sections is to go along, see how the game goes, and know what to expect next time. You're just wasting your time trying to train for a specific scenario.

true but getting together as a section or team if possible has its benifits as people get to know each other better and you can learn each persons style of play and how to make it work within the section.

jinko wrote: »
    true but getting together as a section or team if possible has its benifits as people get to know each other better and you can learn each persons style of play and how to make it work within the section.

I don't think I can stress enough that this game is completely different to anything you've played in Ireland, so playing together in Ireland isn't going to help much.

If you spend the first 6 hours running around like a mad egg, you'll be wrecked for the rest of the evening.

If you don't have a hydration pouch, get one -- you'll fall over after half the game without getting the liquids in (this wrecked a TA event for me before).

You don't get to run rampant and push forward on your own, or even as a section -- you follow orders.

If you do certain things -- run out in the open, make too much noise, stand in a doorway or window for longer than a few seconds -- chances are you'll get sniped or shot.

You don't have unlimited lives -- You do according to the game rules, but if you respawn more than once in a few hours, you're likely to have your section or platoon commander take you aside and ask you to stop being a numpty -- respawns count against your side.

Basically, there are a lot of ways to have a **** game if you don't go with an open mind and don't go with the flow of the game.

I say again - If you've only ever played in Ireland, this is completely different to anything you've ever done. There are plenty of ways to have a **** game, but at the end of the day, you'll get to know the people in your section really well, way better than just at a skirmish. You'll realise who the real solid players are, and who's going to wreck your head by trying to be rambo.

It is the epicness. Go and enjoy, then start saving up for the next one :-)

Ugh, sorry jinko, I realise you know this, only looked at who I was replying to now. Think of that post as a public service announcement for people who haven't been abroad before, not including you :-)

For any 1st timers going over it cant be stressed enough stick with your squad and follow orders. If you stray away, or rambo off on your own because you see something cool happening you will find it hard to link back up and will not have anything to do. We have come across people in the last games that were wandering around asking people "have you seen alpha 3-2?".

Objectives flow from the HQ to the Squad leaders via 4w radio system, you dont know what is happening or what to do unless you are told by your CO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

For any 1st timers going over it cant be stressed enough stick with your squad and follow orders. If you stray away, or rambo off on your own because you see something cool happening you will find it hard to link back up and will not have anything to do. We have come across people in the last games that were wandering around asking people "have you seen alpha 3-2?".

Objectives flow from the HQ to the Squad leaders via 4w radio system, you dont know what is happening or what to do unless you are told by your CO.

yeah ill back that up, the first time i went i got separated from who i was supposed to be with after 90 seconds of game on all because i was caught up in the whole epicness of the site. i.e standing about like a slack jawed yokel in the middle of the street under fire with the whole private ryan thing goin on in me head ( the explosion stuff while he's in the zone) then when i got dragged into cover by some one i snapped owa that buzz and started to get into the game

but make sure you have a radio fully charged and bring spare batterys and REMEMBER to keep its locked on the channel your supposed to be on i didnt and thats why it took me half the day to find my squad

just have the crack i know i will

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Ugh, sorry jinko, I realise you know this, only looked at who I was replying to now. Think of that post as a public service announcement for people who haven't been abroad before, not including you :-)

no prob mate :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

roryk1 wrote: »
    ok lads talkin to my mates da has some old construction site with three buildings to see if hell let us use them for training will let you know later on hes pretty cool so should do any1 who wants to take part let me know numbers may be limited;)

Please don't do that. If you run around with guns, you are effectively operating a skirmish site, for which you need Garda permission and planning permission. Failure to secure these would render the site illegal and you run the risk of being prosecuted.
    There are plenty of established airsoft sites out there that could facilitate you, but to be honest, you are leaving it too late to start working on building clearance and other fancy stuff like that. You should be focusing on working as a team and learning how to operate in small groups.
    You should find out what other sections are in your platoon and see who is best capable of performing what task and then work to your strengths as a platoon, though this is really the job of your platoon commander
    You may play in sennybridge and not be asked once to clear a building - you may actually be asked to guard one for a few hours. This is NOT a skirmish. You will have to follow orders that are passed down your chain of command. There may even be a possibility that you won't empty one mag over the whole weekend.
    To recap, to get the most out of the event, learn how to operate as a tight knit group. People who rush around thinking it's a skirmish will be wrecked by lunchtime and will have so many deaths against them, the platoon commander is likely to keep them away from any future critical engagements.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭roryk1

no probs sorry didnt know:o

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G.I Joseph

Is ther many gettin the stena adventurer at 08.20 over?

Most folks are getting the 13:15 on friday and the 20:30 back on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

roryk1 wrote: »
    .my mates da has some old construction site with three buildings to see if hell let us use them for training...

I came up with 6 different ways that would be illegal, within about the same number of seconds. I'll think of a few more if you give me a minute or so :)

Um, make that 7 8, I just thought of another one two. Not a good idea really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

So, since most of us are going as marines, does anyone know a good place to get multicam uniforms and tactical vests.

It almost impossible too get any vests to suit the p90 i use

Skatedude wrote: »
    So, since most of us are going as marines, does anyone know a good place to get multicam uniforms and tactical vests.

It almost impossible too get any vests to suit the p90 i use

The vest doesn't have to be MC.

So the question is, do you want to spend a lot on good quality kit or a little on kit that probably wont last very long?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

i dont mind spending the money, normally have to to get something that fits properly,
    i just saw the post in ta that your chest rig dosent have to be a match, so i should be able to use my digital woodland vest,

p90 load bearing is always a problem personally i stay away from my p90 for limit ammo games as the mags are just so big :) had to agree there your best bet would be to find a solid colour molle vest maybe tan pantac also do some nice p90 pouches

http://www.pantacgear.com/pantac.gear/product-do-view-productid-280.html

or you have the vest guy no idea on his turn around thought you might not get it in time

http://thevestguy.com/product.asp?id=10142

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

If you don't mind spending the money and want good kit, try UKTactical.com. I have a RICAS and a TMV from them and they are much better than the clone kit. My TMV Eagle cost £79.99 plus £15 shipping, so not much more expensive than the clones.

Linky

Oh, I see you use a P90. The vests may not be suitable so.

Advertisement