Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Sephya

You attacked them.

The point was clarified and now you're clutching at straws to try and big yourself up for some bizarre reason.

Seems quite pointless even responding tbh. Don't know why I bother.

bizarre!!

i responded to a post that said plants have no choline. when i pointed out that this wasn't true i was then attacked and accused of spreading "vegan propaganda".

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Sephya wrote: »
    bizarre!!

i responded to a post that said plants have no choline. when i pointed out that this wasn't true i was then attacked and accused of spreading "vegan propaganda".

Why are you repeating yourself?

The point was clarified, that plant sources are a lot lower than eggs. I've no idea why you are ignoring that part, or can't understand it.

Mellor wrote: »
    Why are you repeating yourself?

The point was clarified, that plant sources are a lot lower than eggs. I've no idea why you are ignoring that part, or can't understand it.

what i can't understand is why was i attacted as spreading "vegan propaganda" merely for having the termerity to correct another poster on the misinformation that they had posted. every post since has been an episode in glossing over that.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Sephya wrote: »
    what i can't understand is why was i attacted as spreading "vegan propaganda" merely for having the termerity to correct another poster on the misinformation that they had posted. every post since has been an episode in glossing over that.

Wow you really are a dog with a bone aren't you? I'm not glossing over anything, I clarified that FUNCTIONALLY, eggs are a much superior source.

You are a vegan, all you have ever contributed to this forum is nitpicking and arguments and you wonder why people think you have an agenda? You honestly can't be that stupid.

Wow you really are a dog with a bone aren't you? I'm not glossing over anything, I clarified that FUNCTIONALLY, eggs are a much superior source.

You are a vegan, all you have ever contributed to this forum is nitpicking and arguments and you wonder why people think you have an agenda? You honestly can't be that stupid.

is pointing out that plants do infact have choline, when you said they have none, "vegan propaganda"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

*Monty python style*
    And now for something completely different...

I'm going to the dentist tomorrow something which I hate doing and I can feel myself getting stressed over it with the usual symptoms of getting tired easily, forgetfulness (yes I've forgotten the rest of the stuff that normally happens when I get stressed) lack of focus.

I chipped my tooth so I'm going to have to get a filling :( going to ask for a non mercury one.

Anyone know of anything I can do that will aid healing, with it in mind that my thyroid isn't working to it's full capabilities so it will slow healing a bit. Or even something that might stop my face looking like I've had a stroke for hours after, the needle thing which I can't spell normally takes ages to kick in for me so alot of the time I get a good few of them all of which kick in about 5 min after they've finished.

I'm not looking forward to this:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Orla K wrote: »
    I can't spell normally takes ages to kick in for me so alot of the time I get a good few of them all of which kick in about 5 min after they've finished.
    One time an old guy went into the dentist before me, he came out really quick and he called me in. He gave me an injection and brought me back to the waiting room, and brought the other old guy back in.

he had presumably given him an injection too, and rather than put loads of drugs in your system to make it work quick he let us both get a small amount and wait for it to kick in.

Not sure if this is common or if you could request it. The last time I went he injected and did loads of cleaning while waiting for it to kick in.

rubadub wrote: »
    One time an old guy went into the dentist before me, he came out really quick and he called me in. He gave me an injection and brought me back to the waiting room, and brought the other old guy back in.

he had presumably given him an injection too, and rather than put loads of drugs in your system to make it work quick he let us both get a small amount and wait for it to kick in.

Not sure if this is common or if you could request it. The last time I went he injected and did loads of cleaning while waiting for it to kick in.

Just thinking she is going to clean my teeth. I did go to a dentist before who did it the way you said but I took 3 times as long as everyone else.

I'm not going to be able to go onto boards until tomorrow, nanny is sick so I'm going to stay in her house, which means no internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Breakfast:

Two eggs and two turkey rashers (cooked with coconut oil/almond oil)

Or

Pre- gym: 30g porridge w/ 250ml of milk and 30g whey protein
    Post - gym: 30g whey with water followed by homemade protein bar around 11am

Lunch:

Large Meat Salad (e.g. chicken with spinach, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, carrots and pesto)

Dinner:
    Meat with veg (e.g. bolognaise/chili with cabbage/spinach or chicken with veg)

Snacks:
    Mixed seeds and nuts/natural yoghurt
    Whey protein if my calories are low for day

Drinks:
    Tea with milk, diet coke

Didn't want to start a whole new thread but would appreciate people's thoughts on my general diet and any areas its lacking. As a general rule I try to keep carbs to a minimum and avoid bread, pasta and potatoes. However, I will be more relaxed if eating out or at weekends but generally good during week (the only vice would be a sandwich the odd week). I also am trying to have fish at least once a week now.

I'm generally quite good for avoiding sweet foods and would never buy them. However, I'm a bit of a splurger so if they're put before I can over indulge sometimes (not very common).

Weight: 79Kg
    Height: 174cm
    Training: Resistance focused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I think your diet is spot on tbh.

How many grams of protein are you usually getting?

How long have you been eating like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I think your diet is spot on tbh.

How many grams of protein are you usually getting?

How long have you been eating like this?

I've ate reasonably well for a few years but have gone through periods of poor eating ('dirty bulks' :rolleyes:). I've tightened up the diet since christmas and have lost about 9kg. I am not someone who struggles to gain weight so I've found that I need to limit carbs if I want to maintain a healthy balance. I'm still notionally trying to lose weight though.

Biggest obstacle with diet by far is work. Often find myself working 14 hours during busy periods so can often be eating all my meals bar breakfast in office.

Horrible frustrating week, where I know I have information on improving someone's quality of life but I can't do a damn thing about it. It's also been stressing me out a bit and making my adrenals/thyroid go mleh.

On good news lately I've been thinking about this, (and people always get the wrong impression when I say it) but about 7 years ago I got an IQ test type of thing done by a professional. Turned out it's quite high(with memory and speed of processing being quite low) Looking back at the last few years I think the only reason I've been able to get this far is because I am intelligent. So woo for smarts!

At that time I also had a reading ability of a 14 year old and a spelling ability of a 9 year old :o

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

made my own pizza using spelt flour today from scratch!! and oat biscuits supplementing the sugar and margarine for honey and coconut oil...well proud of my self :D

anyone have an tips for a healthy alternative to honey? biscuits are a bit too mushy and I would prefer them crunchy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Honey?
    I don't know how the table ranks syrup, Isn't Agave supposed to be good?

I'd just go for some good quality honey, I can't stand the agave stuff I'm not too sure about it's healthiness status too.
    Alot of people seem to use majool dates(might have spelt that wrong)
    If they were too mushy use less wet ingredients or more dry ingredients.

It never rains but it pours.

4 wisdom teeth out next Friday, I imagine I'll be on the liquid diet for 4/5 days minimum. Don't want to waste away though.

Liquefy-able protein sources?

Bear in mind any deviation from body temperature foods will probably make me pass out / cry like a baby.

still not really eating properly, meds knocking me out too because I don't have much in me.

It's not the protein that's been an issue it's getting fat that's been tough.

Other than spoons of olive oil anyone got a suggestion for some decent sources of fat that require literally no chewing?

I've burnt out my taste for greek yoghurt at this stage...

Ready brek made with coconut milk was good on day 1, but can't face it again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

coconut oil
    take out a tbsp, heat it in a microwave then bung it into a glass of milk or water, mix it up and down it

could just place the dollop in your mouth and let it liquify there, shoudlnt take too long

also you could just drink coconut milk straight. it's delicious

Woo for more free wild salmon:D

Non woo for the stress I'm having now:(

I got my vitamin D tested again there recently. Last year it was 90mmol/l with some very scant supplementation.

Now it's 69mmol/l, well bugger, time to supplement again.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Or maybe an excuse for a holiday? :)

• Advertisement

Piper101 wrote: »
    Or maybe an excuse for a holiday? :)

That's the thing, I was in Thailand for a holiday in the middle of winter, so thought that would tide me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Double decker whole wheat, 9 seed, sambo with 4 turkey rashers, spinach, avocado & piri piri sauce is all kinds of awesome.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Turkey rashers???

I'm out!

I agree, turkey rashers are an abomination. :pac:

If anything about bacon is bad for you is that it's processed. So are turkey rashers. I think there's like 10 calories in the difference also, big woop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

That's the thing, I was in Thailand for a holiday in the middle of winter, so thought that would tide me over.

I would never go to thailand. I heard its one big mindfúck for guys

I would never go to thailand. I heard its one big mindfúck for guys

Depends where you go, and who you go with.:) It was my second time back there, it's just lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I'm sure it's just a reflection on my sugar addiction but I hate the way the assistants in Statoil always ask if I want a muffin/pastry/chocolate bar or whatever that day's deal is when I buy a coffee. I have only so much will power :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

eugh garage coffee.

Coffee snob :P

Speaking of coffee, my husband got some civet coffee as a present, we have so far been too scared to try it.

For the curious:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Coffee snob :P

Speaking of coffee, my husband got some civet coffee as a present, we have so far been too scared to try it.

For the curious:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak
    I'm no coffee connoisseur anyway but there are almost no alternatives for coffee near my office.
    El_Dangeroso I heard of that coffee, dont think I'd be brave enough to try it!

Advertisement