Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Coconut flour brownies are alright. They always go down well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah I need to get a set of measauring cups before I try anything else with it. 99% of recipes for it seem to be from america with their awful non metric measurements

I actually bought measuring cups today. 3.50 in my local homeware shop. A lot handier than always trying to convert measurements.

3.50? i assumed you'd only be able to find fancy pants expensive ones in store so i was waiting until there were enough things on amazon i wanted to get some

guess I'll have a tip into town on friday and see what I can see

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I got some in the €2 shop for..€2

They are great I use them all the time, so handy for cooking rice or adding a tablespoon of something, I have 20 different size tablespoons in my press so it's nice to be exact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

3.50? i assumed you'd only be able to find fancy pants expensive ones in store so i was waiting until there were enough things on amazon i wanted to get some

guess I'll have a tip into town on friday and see what I can see

Homestore and More...

But when they're gone, they're gone...etc... etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

I got some in the €2 shop for..€2

They are great I use them all the time, so handy for cooking rice or adding a tablespoon of something, I have 20 different size tablespoons in my press so it's nice to be exact.

Yea, they are in the Euro2 shops, plastic ones but do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

http://junkscience.com/2013/02/05/oops-pufas-may-actually-increase-risk-of-death-in-patients-with-heart-disease/

Ten million internet points to anyone who can find me this paper, have scoured the BMJ website to no avail.

This is the first direct paper to examine that vegetable oil increases the risk of heart-disease. If it's a good paper, this is HUGE.

How big of an impact will a study like this have on 'cholesterol market'?
    Will this possibly change medical recommendations that people should stop using butter and the likes, and switch to Flora and drink Benocol?

How big of an impact will a study like this have on 'cholesterol market'?
    Will this possibly change medical recommendations that people should stop using butter and the likes, and switch to Flora and drink Benocol?

It won't change much at all, the silence from the media outlets are deafening. This is 'missing' data from an older study.. so that raises huge questions to start with.

Read my sig for more details on why it takes a very long time for opinions to change..:)

• Advertisement

parasite wrote: »

Nah, not really, they'll be banging on about tomatoes giving you cancer next week, not exactly a paper known for it's scientific integrity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

My appetite is really suppressed today. I thought it was because I'm a bit sick but realised it was due to an ingredient in an over the counter medicine.

Now I know why some bodybuilders cutting decide to stack that ingredient. if tolerance doesn't come into play, could lead to dangerous under eating especially if not tracking intake.

[Note: I'm being vague about ingredient as I think people desperate for weight loss read this forum and might use it for crash dieting.]

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭banquet

My appetite is really suppressed today. I thought it was because I'm a bit sick but realised it was due to an ingredient in an over the counter medicine.

Now I know why some bodybuilders cutting decide to stack that ingredient. if tolerance doesn't come into play, could lead to dangerous under eating especially if not tracking intake.

[Note: I'm being vague about ingredient as I think people desperate for weight loss read this forum and might use it for crash dieting.]

Aspirin? What is this? Some secret adults conversation where the children have to be kept out of the loop cos they aren't as responsible as you?

banquet wrote: »
    Aspirin? What is this? Some secret adults conversation where the children have to be kept out of the loop cos they aren't as responsible as you?

Yeah maybe I shouldn't have posted anything

Yeah maybe I shouldn't have posted anything

OMG TELL ME !!! I have a wedding to go to in a week and I desperately need to drop a dress size.

I joke.

OMG TELL ME !!! I have a wedding to go to in a week and I desperately need to drop a dress size.

[COLOR="White"]I joke. [/COLOR]

I've been told on Twitter there is a magical gym that can do that :pac:

I've been told on Twitter there is a magical gym that can do that :pac:

I tweeted her and the gym '23.6-18.4%=5.2%' and she replied saying 'really?'

Like I was playing some sort of mathematical trick on her.

I know what you mean, I also know that abuse of same substance has lead to multiple organ failure when marketed as part of a weight loss drug in the US and that lead to a class action lawsuit. Nasty stuff when used habitually.

I tweeted her and the gym '23.6-18.4%=5.2%' and she replied saying 'really?'

Like I was playing some sort of mathematical trick on her.

I did feel sorry for hanleys lads because it made their progress seem mediocre to Joe soap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I know what you mean, I also know that abuse of same substance has lead to multiple organ failure when marketed as part of a weight loss drug in the US and that lead to a class action lawsuit. Nasty stuff when used habitually.

This kinda talk just makes me curious.

• Advertisement

Blood sugar issues are really tied to panic attacks. Not saying that's what caused it in you, there are many causes, but just that you instantly self-medicate with high calorie, high carb food might be something to explore.

BTW, the glycerine trick seemed to work for me when I used to get horrendous hypoglycaemic panic attacks when doing daily fasts.

you might actually have been right here. had a horrible attack in bed last night, spent 2 hours trying breathing exercises and farting about with weights/pushups to work the adrenaline out of my system but did nothing. Had a grapefruit, kiwi fruit and an apple around half 2 and by 3 o clock the symptoms had all pretty much gone away.

might have been all in my head but even if the glycerine only works for me as a linus blanket I'm definitely grabbing a bottle today. I've never had 5 days of consecutive attacks before and I can tell now that today isn't going to be any better.

Try it man, you have nothing to lose!

I did, had a glass around 11am. it's weird. I've felt the panic attacks starting... but they go nowhere. I feel a little anxious for a minute or two.. and it just goes away. it's incredible.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21388605

He looks incredibly unhealthy to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21388605

He looks incredibly unhealthy to me.

yeah does not look well.

been awake now for about 4-5 hours, haven't eaten and I don't feel panicky or unwell in the slightest

I think i'm finally back to normal after the last couple of weeks. I wonder if my sudden binge of unhealthy/sugary food caused kind of a yo yo effect in my blood sugar and it just took this long for me to stabilise it with healthy eating.

been awake now for about 4-5 hours, haven't eaten and I don't feel panicky or unwell in the slightest

I think i'm finally back to normal after the last couple of weeks. I wonder if my sudden binge of unhealthy/sugary food caused kind of a yo yo effect in my blood sugar and it just took this long for me to stabilise it with healthy eating.

I'm the opposite today.. not panic-y but had a few glasses of wine last night which always screws with my blood sugar the next day. I'm on the lucozade rollercoaster. :)

****ing... lucozade

that never even occured to me :)

hope you feel better anyway, after the past fortnight I wouldn't wish that **** on my worst enemy

well maybe one or two of them...

http://imgur.com/a/w9nHF

shamelessly stolen from reddit

what 200 calories of various foods look like

typical that after looking through them all I'm craving doritos and gummi bears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

http://imgur.com/a/w9nHF

shamelessly stolen from reddit

what 200 calories of various foods look like

typical that after looking through them all I'm craving doritos and gummi bears

Good way to beat the cravings! Great find Digby!

Look at all the celery I can have!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :P

Advertisement