Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shaving Equipment - For Sale/For Trade/Free

Options
  • 27-11-2009 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

Shaving equipment - For sale/For trade/Free to good home thread

Due to Adverts.ie not currently having a space for us the admins have agreed that until then you can sell/trade/give away shaving related items here. Non commercial posts only.

Any posts outside this thread for selling items/trades and so on will be deleted in future.
    Please keep this on topic and no shenanigans.

Enjoy!!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Over the course of this past year a number of users on this forum (myself included) have either given stuff away or exchanged stuff (creams, blades etc).

Well I thought it best to create a thread purely for saying what you have on offer and what (if any) you might want in exchange.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Right here's what I have on offer and what (ideally) I'd like in exchange,

I got a tube of Lider cream in a blue tube from Poland on offer (obviously never used :) ), I'd like say two Blue Bird blades in exchange for it as I'd like to give them a go.

5c91_35.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I'll take you up on that Cabaal. I might throw in something extra.. (and not tell you!) :D

Amalgam wrote: »
    I'll take you up on that Cabaal. I might throw in something extra.. (and not tell you!) :D

Lovely, sure PM me your address and I'll get it sent out to you tomorrow evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Old'n'Cranky

Great idea for a thread! I want LOADS!!:D

I have nothing to offer:mad:

• Advertisement

Free to take. It'll cost me to send it out, but meh.. what can you do. Like wallpaper paste, used once. Aloe Vera.

*Non lathering*

Slightly unsettling way of shaving, stays see through on the skin.

carrefourmenlatherlessg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Great idea Cabaal, if I'd known you were interested in Bluebirds I'd have sent some your way.

DonJose wrote: »
    Great idea Cabaal, if I'd known you were interested in Bluebirds I'd have sent some your way.

In fairness I never expressed any interest on any of the threads so you couldn't have known :)

It might be an idea to promote this thread to the top of the forum, sticky it, so that it catches the eye of the passer-by. Just an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭GD

This is a great idea.

I have a couple of barely used Merkurs that were impulse buys and only used once or twice before I developed my addiction to vintage Gillettes.

Would be nice to see them find a good home. Will try and post some pics etc soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

I have 3 or 4 unopened tubes of Wars shaving cream gathering dust free to some good homes.

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    I have 3 or 4 unopened tubes of Wars shaving cream gathering dust free to some good homes.

I'd love to try one of those and I can send you some Bluebirds in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

I'd be interested in that Chris, its got some good reviews on B&B

No problem.. PM me your addresses.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭seosamh

No problem.. PM me your addresses.

Oh can I try one too, I read about them as well on B&B - curious.

Amalgam wrote: »

Amalgam, received your stuff in the post on Wednesday, thanks a million.

I've been sick most of this week so not yet got the chance to go to the post office, may not get the chance to post it till Monday, sorry for the delay

seosamh wrote: »
    Oh can I try one too, I read about them as well on B&B - curious.
    Yes, yes you can. PM me your address. I think thats the last one but I may have one more somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Nice one Chris, I'l try this later :)

Thanks Chris, received the cream today.

Cabaal wrote: »
    sorry for the delay

Not a problem, stay in bed. I didn't use the King of Shaves, not sure what it is exactly, very very oily. It is new.

• Advertisement

Thanks Chris, received the cream today.

Thanks for the BlueBirds, They arrived yesterday. Looking forward to trying them out.

Thanks for the BlueBirds, They arrived yesterday. Looking forward to trying them out.

Let us know how you get on with them.

Let us know how you get on with them.
    I have to say they were pretty good. I did a first pass set to 2 on my progress as they were ok. I then notched it up to 4 and I was surprised how smooth and forgiving they were on a more aggressive setting. They are different to Derby's but I would be very surprised if they were made in different factories.
    They were a great find and I will be using them again so many thanks for the sample.

I have one more Wars shaving cream tube left for anybody interested.

Loose blades. (safety razor blades)

loosebladespersonna.jpg

(Right in photo) 6 x Super Platinum (Personna) (Israel)

(Left in photo) 27 x Unbranded ASR Personna (Tesco\Shaving Shack etc..) (US\Israel)

---

Feel free to take some or all of them, put in a request following this post and I'll mail them out once I have your details.

Blades are not in plastic dispensers, but will be securely shipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Opening post amended. Please read! (it's good news!) :)

Dord wrote: »
    Opening post amended. Please read! (it's good news!) :)

Nice one! :)

On that note I have another tube of Blue Lider available for anyone who wants it

5c91_35.JPG

Cabaal wrote: »
    Nice one! :)

On that note I have another tube of Blue Lider available for anyone who wants it

5c91_35.JPG

Cabaal, thanks for the other tube of Blue Lider, I've only returned to find it waiting for me.. and the extra blades thrown in. Cheers.

Not used Lider before, just Wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Hey Amalgam, are those blades still available? I'm just getting started having just gotten a murkur and some treets. It'd be good to try some different blades.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Advertisement

Ok lads I got two things up for grabs,

Parker-91R-Three-Piece-Razor
    I got this off shaving.ie previously (priced at 23.95e on the site at the moment).

I don't find it suitable for me so I'll leave it go for 15e and I'll pay shipping within Ireland, I've only used it three times.

It comes with a case as seen in the photos, the case is sadly damaged abit at the back
    IMG_2470pan.jpg

It comes apart like so
    IMG_2474pan.jpg

Lider Cream
    I have two tubes of this stuff on offer, They've not been used and I won't be using them as I honestly have gone away from creams and I prefer soaps as I find they do a nicer lather and are handier when traveling :)

I'll leave them go for free but I'd prefer perhaps a few blades as a swap, bluebird or those black gillete 7 o clocks would be great :)
    5c91_35.JPG

Advertisement