Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving Equipment - For Sale/For Trade/Free

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

hitemfrank wrote: »
    So I've got a tin of How To Grow a Moustache Lime Synergy shave soap that I don't think I will use again. I think I only used it 5 or so times so as I'm not a fan of the scent but I've had no issues with the performance of the soap.

Anyone interested in a trade? I'm specifically looking for an unscented soft shaving soap (a hard soap may work but for now I want a soft soap). I want to try something out with the unscented soap so it has to be a good performing unscented soap.

I just saw this now, as I don't check out this forum as much as I should. The closest I'd have would be Monsavon, about 3/4 full. I don't know if it classes as unscented though. Any interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

CJC86 wrote: »
    I just saw this now, as I don't check out this forum as much as I should. The closest I'd have would be Monsavon, about 3/4 full. I don't know if it classes as unscented though. Any interest?

Thanks for the offer, but I ended up buying a scentless soap. I should have edited my post to say that really.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

There doesn't seem to be whole lot of activity on this thread, but I have a few items I have tried to trade on Badger & Blade, only to find that most people there seem to be US based and reluctant to commit to an overseas trade. so want to try here before going to Ebay or somewhere else.

First up I have a new Muhle R106 razor (same as R41 with different handle). I recently purchased this with high expectations and have only used it a handful of times, as whilst it gives a close shave, I do not find it comfortable or enjoyable.

I also have a New Forest badger brush (silvertip I'm pretty sure but can verify) which I have realised I don't use any more.

I am interested in any decent DE razor, old Gillettes in particular, or good stiff boar brushes.

I have hardly had any interest on this, but just to clarify the razor involved is a Muhle R101 not 106.

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be whole lot of activity on this thread, but I have a few items I have tried to trade on Badger & Blade, only to find that most people there seem to be US based and reluctant to commit to an overseas trade. so want to try here before going to Ebay or somewhere else.

First up I have a new Muhle R106 razor (same as R41 with different handle). I recently purchased this with high expectations and have only used it a handful of times, as whilst it gives a close shave, I do not find it comfortable or enjoyable.

I also have a New Forest badger brush (silvertip I'm pretty sure but can verify) which I have realised I don't use any more.

I am interested in any decent DE razor, old Gillettes in particular, or good stiff boar brushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭GD

Buddy97mm - I have a few old Gillettes gathering dust in a drawer. Let me dig them out and I will post details. Purchased during my initial DE obsession days a couple of years back but literally never used. Would be a straight cash deal if you (or any other lads on here) are interested. I have enough DE stuff to last about 10 years.

• Advertisement

Muhle R101 gone, traded for a Gillette Red Tip which I now eagerly await.

GD, I may be interested in other Gillettes if I can rationalise spending more money on razors!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Anyone interested in trading for some soaps,

I've got, Tabac, Speick and Valobra Fougere.

All great shaving soaps. Tabac is one of my favorite but my wife hates the smell so it has to go.

Be interested in seeing what you have to trade.

Some fine soaps Uncle_sam_ie - is it only other soaps you are interested in trading for?

Some fine soaps Uncle_sam_ie - is it only other soaps you are interested in trading for?

Yeah, but I'll take a look at what you got. I might trade for something else shave related.

I haven't got very much in way of soaps, although I do have a wooden bowl of Floris Elite, that I haven't used and not sure whether I will.

I do have a few creams - Proraso green (unused), Kaloderma (unused) a Canadian cream, Coates Rose shaving cream (used 2-3 times), Biotique palmyra (used maybe 5 times, excellent but not mad about smell), a few Arko and Palmolive sticks. I also have a Biotique Wild Grass After Shave Gel.

I also have a pretty decent New Forest Silvertip brush, which I have been thinking of trading.

Yeah, but I'll take a look at what you got. I might trade for something else shave related.

• Advertisement

I'm not really interested in the bowl or creams but, post a photo of the brush.

I've got a hardly used HTGAM Synergy Lime shave soap I probably won't be using any time soon, if it's of interest?

Thanks hitemfrank, I'm not really a fan of lime and I'm a bit leery of HTGM (now Phoenix Artisan Accouterments) after all that's unfolded about Douglas Smythe from across the pond.

Thanks hitemfrank, I'm not really a fan of lime and I'm a bit leery of HTGM (now Phoenix Artisan Accouterments) after all that's unfolded about Douglas Smythe from across the pond.

No worries. I had not heard about what happened with HTGAM so looked it up. The guy seems like an ass.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    No worries. I had not heard about what happened with HTGAM so looked it up. The guy seems like an ass.

Yeah, great products but what a total douche.

You can read about it here, http://shavenook.com/thread-petal-pusher-fancies-and-htgam-the-same

Having a few issues uploading photos but will hopefully get it up in next day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

@Buddy97mm
    Am a complete noob, just starting out...so very little experience but eager to learn.
    Would be interested in your Floris Elite.
    Not sure if you'd be interested, but I have a new proraso (green) tub and a natural hand made essential oils soap puck. Good lather, but doesn't suit my skin.
    (I'm in North Kildare)

Italia wrote: »
    @Buddy97mm
    Am a complete noob, just starting out...so very little experience but eager to learn.
    Would be interested in your Floris Elite.
    Not sure if you'd be interested, but I have a new proraso (green) tub and a natural hand made essential oils soap puck. Good lather, but doesn't suit my skin.
    (I'm in North Kildare)

Thanks for offer Italia, but not interested - have a lot of proraso tubs already.

Anyone interested in trading for some soaps,

I've got, Tabac, Speick and Valobra Fougere.

All great shaving soaps. Tabac is one of my favorite but my wife hates the smell so it has to go.

Be interested in seeing what you have to trade.

I haven't got very much in way of soaps, although I do have a wooden bowl of Floris Elite, that I haven't used and not sure whether I will.

I do have a few creams - Proraso green (unused), Kaloderma (unused) a Canadian cream, Coates Rose shaving cream (used 2-3 times), Biotique palmyra (used maybe 5 times, excellent but not mad about smell), a few Arko and Palmolive sticks. I also have a Biotique Wild Grass After Shave Gel.

I also have a pretty decent New Forest Silvertip brush, which I have been thinking of trading.

Either of you guys interested in Ralph Lauren Safari shave soap?

@uncle_sam_ie
    At weekend, a friend brought me back a load of soaps (Arko, Tabac, Speick, MWF) from a trip he was on, so no longer interested in trade, apologies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Guys, I've two Merkur razors that have only been used a couple of times and are as new. One is an adjustable long handle & the other is an open comb. I'm thinking of selling them, would there be any interest in them here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

OU812 wrote: »
    Guys, I've two Merkur razors that have only been used a couple of times and are as new. One is an adjustable long handle & the other is an open comb. I'm thinking of selling them, would there be any interest in them here?

I would be interested in them, can you tell us the model no.s and any chance of putting up a picture.
    What price are you looking for them.
    Thanks

I would be interested in them, can you tell us the model no.s and any chance of putting up a picture.
    What price are you looking for them.
    Thanks

The open Comb is a Merkur 41c
    merkur-41c-1904__65848__76616.1405447943.1280.1280.jpg

€23.95 new

The Adjustable is a Merkur Progress Long Handle (I'm nearly positive it's this one - check later).
    merkur_progress_510001__84857__95304.1405454436.1280.1280.jpg

€62.95 New

They're as new, How about €65 for both inc tracked postage?

The open Comb is a Merkur 41c
    merkur-41c-1904__65848__76616.1405447943.1280.1280.jpg

€23.95 new

The Adjustable is a Merkur Progress Long Handle (I'm nearly positive it's this one - check later).
    merkur_progress_510001__84857__95304.1405454436.1280.1280.jpg

€62.95 New

They're as new, How about €65 for both inc tracked postage?

I'm in the car now but will be home in an hour, i'm very interested i will let you know as soon as I'm home

@ OU812

Yes I'll take them please, Do you still have the boxes buy any chance ?

PM me how you want to be paid

Thanks

Andy

PM sent

Just to say thanks to OU812 for the 2 razors I just bought from him,
    They arrived today and they are in as near new condition as they could be with no sighs of use at all.
    Can't wait to try them out.
    Thanks again,

I have a full, unused bottle of Proraso aftershave, which I don't really see myself using. Anyone interested in a trade? Would be interested in any other aftershaves or creams/soaps.

proraso-lotion.jpg

I have a used once tub of Proraso Sandlewood - got it this xmas & tried it once with brush, but prefer the menthol one.

Fancy a swap ?

• Advertisement

I have a used once tub of Proraso Sandlewood - got it this xmas & tried it once with brush, but prefer the menthol one.

Fancy a swap ?

Never tried the red soap. Would prefer any aftershave to trade but if you have nothing else will consider.

Advertisement