Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shaving Equipment - For Sale/For Trade/Free

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Cabaal, I'll grab the Parker 91R, 15, post included, is fine by me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Amalgam wrote: »
    Cabaal, I'll grab the Parker 91R, 15, post included, is fine by me.

I'll have it posted off tomorrow, with luck you'll have it before Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭GD

That's a lovely looking razor. I like the long slim handle. Never considered Parkers before .... ah no hide the credit card ....

I bought it for the handle, to be honest. Looks to be a normal 'Gillette thread bolt', most 3 pieces are interchangeable, from the point of view of the handle.

I like that there's no logo or other quirks. My Mühle razor head will be on top of it sometime soon..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Amalgam got the payment for the Parker today and thanks a million for the black Gillete's :)

Hopefully you've received the Parker by now

• Advertisement

Not yet. Fair play to An Post, that just went from Dublin yesterday. I'm not even sure it went in the morning.

Not yet. Fair play to An Post, that just went from Dublin yesterday. I'm not even sure it went in the morning.

You should have it tomorrow I'd imagine if there's post tomorrow (is there?)

Cabaal, razor arrived. Cheers. The thread is a Gillette thread, meaning, more or less any 3 piece head can fit on the handle.. and vice versa.

I have the Mühle on it at the moment.

Cabaal, razor arrived. Cheers. The thread is a Gillette thread, meaning, more or less any 3 piece head can fit on the handle.. and vice versa.

I have the Mühle on it at the moment.

good, good :)

Think I may look at buying a Gillette Red tip over the next few weeks,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Anybody out there like Debry blades? I've got 2 lots of 4 packs to give away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

DonJose wrote: »
    Anybody out there like Debry blades? I've got 2 lots of 4 packs to give away.

I'v never used Derby's but I wouldnt mind trying a pack to see what their like.

Mr Jinx wrote: »
    I'v never used Derby's but I wouldnt mind trying a pack to see what their like.

PM me your address and I'll stick them in the post tomorrow. One lot of 4 packs left for anybody who is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

DonJose wrote: »
    PM me your address and I'll stick them in the post tomorrow. One lot of 4 packs left for anybody who is interested.

PM sent, thanks

I've still got 4 packs of Derby blades to give away if anybody is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

I'd be interested - PM sent.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Smart Guy

I have a shaving jug given to me as a present which I have only used twice. I am will to swop it for other shaving gear such as blades, aftershaves, razors, whatever, open to all offers. I will cover the postage.

I also have a merkur progress with original box that I am willing to trade for a merkur 39c slant barber pole

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Smart Guy wrote: »
    I also have a merkur progress with original box that I am willing to trade for a merkur 39c slant barber pole

Is that the long or regular handle?

Its the short handle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Selling my Merkur Progress (Regular Handle) as i have picked up another razor that suits me more. Just over a month old so it's in perfect condition and clean as a whistle.Perfect razor for new and experienced wet shavers and recommended in Mantic59s videos. I will throw in a pack of blades and some shaving samples from Trumpers.

Looking for 32 euro delivered. I have plenty of feedback on adverts.

• Advertisement

SOLD

My merkeur progress in now gone to a good home anyone intersested in the saving jug. Picture already posted

A pack of Perma-Sharp (Turkey) safety razor blades for the taking. Minus one blade. Make a request on thread and I'll dump it in an envelope for you tonight\tomorrow.

permasharpboardsdotie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Hi Amalgam, I would love to try these blades. I'm just starting to gather stuff to try shaving for the first time in over 10yrs.

sedohre, great, PM me with a postal address of some sort and they'll go out first thing tomorrow.

Everyone is different, they might work better for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Hi, I new to shaving, and want to give it a whirl. The last time I shaved was over 10yrs ago, (I've used a beard trimmer ever since)

Are there people out there who are willing to send me their old razors, blades they have moved on from and soaps, anything that they want to get rid of (related to shaving of course). I'd appreciate it. I would give me some idea as to what suited me and that I'd need to buy in the future.

Here's hoping

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

If any of ye have one of them 3 piece razors like the one that was posted here for sale or whatever, could you let me know please. :)

amalgammonsavon.jpg

SWAP

Monsavon -> 15 Gillette Super Thin

amalgamgsuperthin.gif

-or-

Monsavon -> 15 Gillette 7 O'Clock (Green) Super Stainless

amalgamg7oclockss.jpg

---

I'd like the blades to be in retail packaging, not loose.

Straight swap.

I'll cover P&P etc, at my end. You cover the P&P for the blades.

If you have any other branded Gillette blades, except the following:

Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum 'Black' (India)

Gillete 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge 'Yellow' (Russia)

I'd happily accept them too. Cheers.

Apologies for anyone abroad, for the sake of P&P, I'd like to keep the transaction within Ireland.

Withdrawing the above exchange, just.. used a tub for the first time in a while, too nice to give away. I'd rather have the shaving cream, instead of the blades.

• Advertisement

Another DE Razor

Didn't get on with my progress so i decided to go vintage. Bought a Gillette Flair tip and a Red Tip as i wasn't sure which would suit me. The Red is perfect for me so I am letting the Flair go. It's a slightly milder shave than the Red but still as incredibly smooth. The build quality of these razors are incredible and will last a life time. The condition is near mint, it literally looks like a brand new razor.
    €20 that includes postage.The date code is C-4 / 1957

If anyone is interested and needs pics, just ask. I have loads of feedback on adverts.

Advertisement