Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shaving Equipment - For Sale/For Trade/Free

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

sold

Happy with my setup now i have two brushes so one is going.

I have it form brand new since the beginning of January, it has been well looked after and is in excellent condition. Works well with creams and soaps so a good all rounder, the silver tips are absolute luxury on the face.

Price is €27 which is half the cost of a new one and i will include postage.

I have plenty of +++ feedback an adverts.

SSSSSold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Have 2 packs of 5 Derby Extras I'm looking to get rid of FOC.

I'm now at the stage where I'm getting consistent results with a range of other blades (especially, Feathers, Wilkinson Swords and Personas) but the Derbys just don't do it for me:(.

They were one of the first blades I tried when I first took up DE shaving about 4 months ago but they seemed to irritate my skin and left me with numerous small nicks.

I put it down to poor technique in the beginning but now that I feel I've (somewhat) mastered that, the Derbys are still giving me poor results.

So, anyone interested in taking these off my hands PM me your address and I'll pop them in an envelope before the weekend. First to PM me gets the blades.

Lert the "Derby" begin!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Rebeller

Rebeller wrote: »
    Have 2 packs of 5 Derby Extras I'm looking to get rid of FOC.

I'm now at the stage where I'm getting consistent results with a range of other blades (especially, Feathers, Wilkinson Swords and Personas) but the Derbys just don't do it for me:(.

They were one of the first blades I tried when I first took up DE shaving about 4 months ago but they seemed to irritate my skin and left me with numerous small nicks.

I put it down to poor technique in the beginning but now that I feel I've (somewhat) mastered that, the Derbys are still giving me poor results.

So, anyone interested in taking these off my hands PM me your address and I'll pop them in an envelope before the weekend. First to PM me gets the blades.

Let the "Derby" begin!:pac:

Blades being held for murf313 until he PM's me his address.

[EDIT]Gone to murf313!

I have 49 Red Personna blades a couple of Yellow Gillettes and around 7 Astra Superior Platinum that i wont be using. Would be looking to trade for Feathers , if you have 20 sealed that will do me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

padi89 wrote: »
    I have 49 Red Personna blades a couple of Yellow Gillettes and around 7 Astra Superior Platinum that i wont be using. Would be looking to trade for Feathers , if you have 20 sealed that will do me.

All I have up for trade are Bolzano Superinox x 4, Croma Diamant x 9 & Shark Super Stainless x 4. If they don't tickle your fancy, tis no problem.

If any one else is interested in them, I'll post them on no problem. If you have some swaps, I'd be interested in Red Personna & Perma Sharps :)

Only looking for feathers as a trade, would sell the blades at €9 posted if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

No worries padi89

If any one is interested in them, I'll pop them in an envelope and post 'em on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

ALL SOLD

3 lots of Merkur Safety Razors for sale.

merkur34cboardsdotie.jpg

Lot 01. - 25 Euro - P&P included - 26 Counties.

1x Merkur 34C 'HD' (Germany)
    1x Lea shaving stick (Spain)

3x Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (India)
    2x Feather (New Hi-Stainless) (Platinum) (Japan)
    3x Super Platinum (ASR Personna) (Israel)

Blades will be in a typical plastic blade dispenser.
    Top to bottom, as in the above list.

---

merkur11cboardsdotie.jpg

Lot 02. - 25 Euro - P&P included - 26 Counties.

1x Merkur 11C 'open comb' (Germany)
    1x Lea shaving stick (Spain)

---

soldmerkurfuturboardsdo.jpg

Lot 03. - 30 Euro - P&P included - 26 Counties.

1x Merkur Futur (Germany)
    1x Palmolive Classic Shaving stick (Belgium)
    1x Williams Shaving puck (USA)
    1x Van Der Hagen (VHD) Shaving Brush (New) (2 tone Boar Bristle) (USA)

---

The Futur is used. it has some light marks on the head and some bumps at the end of the handle. The price reflects this. Please refer to the pictures.

If you are starting out with safety razors, I would not suggest starting with the Futur.

The Van Der Hagen Shaving Brush is a fairly stiff Boar Brush, a Boar Brush will take up and release water in a different manner, compared to a Badger Hair Brush.

All bundle prices include Postage & Packing for the 26 Counties.

---

The Lea sticks have markings on the inner tube. This was caused by the sticks being loose in the plastic tubes and being transported back, in luggage, from the Canaries..

Everything, apart from the safety razors, is new and unused.

---

If you have zero posts and have joined in the last month. The only method of payment is face to face, South Dublin, cash in hand.

If you have a few hundred posts and have been on boards.ie for a while, an established member, you may pay by PayPal and expect a parcel soon after.

Add 2.75 Euro to any bundle for Registered Post.

Parcels will be shipped from: Monday, 19 July, 2010.

Please show an interest in a Lot 'on thread' please, *Not by PM* to keep things clear and open for other members.

Thank you.

ALL SOLD

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

I'll take lot 3 with the futur for asking. Paypal ok?

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Advertisement

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    I'll take lot 3 with the futur for asking. Paypal ok?

Markjsca1 - Paypal is fine. Send me a PM with an email I can send an invoice to. The invoice will be for 30 Euro.

If you want the parcel registered, please mention this.. and the invoice will be for 32.75 euro.

Parcel will be rigid and thicker than your typical letterbox. Someone will have to collect it from the post man\woman at the door, or go to the local sorting office with the delivery note.

---

Lot 03. - SOLD to Markjsca1 - Thank You

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭GD

You having a bit of a cull Amalgam??

Great value on those 3 lots ...

GD wrote: »
    You having a bit of a cull Amalgam??

Great value on those 3 lots ...

Nothing against Merkur, but I've settled pretty much on the Edwin Jagger shaving head, on top of the Parker handle I bought from Cabaal last year. There will be more purchases. ;) But it is highly unlikely any of the razors will be 'modern'.

Free to take. Posted at my expense.

Aloe+ Lanzarote 100ml

TAKEN

Aftershave lotion, moisturising and rich with Aloe.

Reply on thread or send a PM.

Please don't 'just take it' for the sake of it, if you're not going to use it, let someone else make use of it. Cheers.

Unused.

boardsiefhnhaloeplus.jpg

TAKEN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Hi Amalgam, I can take the lotion off your hands. I had a Clarins one but it ran out a while back and wouldn't mind trying something new if that'd be alright :)

Jay P, no bother. Send me a PM with a postal address and it'll go out tomorrow morning.

I'm not into lotions at all, aftershave is what works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Howdy close shavers...I have 3 packs of sealed japanese feathers to swap...let me know what you have........

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭GowlBag

Hi lads,

I bought some Iridium Super along with some others recently. Still trying to figure you what's best for me. Now I know these certainly aren't! So there are 9 left untouched in the box. If these are your cup of tea then they are yours F.O.C. unless you have any Gilette 7 O'Clock Yellow that you don't like!

PM me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Smart Guy

I have been lookiing at my collection of razors and have a merkeur progress that I am thinking of swopping. It is the short handle version. It is in mint condition in its original case. Any proposals.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭seosamh

Howdy close shavers...I have 3 packs of sealed japanese feathers to swap...let me know what you have........

I have brand new in its packaging the highly regarded French soap/cream - Monsavon.

• Advertisement

seosamh wrote: »
    I have brand new in its packaging the highly regarded French soap/cream - Monsavon.

Sorry mate I'd be more into shaving cream than soap. :)

Sorry mate I'd be more into shaving cream than soap. :)

Hard to explain, but.. it isn't a soap. A mutton like cream, you lather on it and it will provide a lather that will put many creams and soaps to shame.

Only decent tallow product out there, in my opinion.

Amalgam,
    You know your soap and Monsavon is a great performer, which explains its popularity in France, available in every little shop and big supermarket there. Apparently, it is owned by Sarah Lee, the American big food company.

Would you know where I could pick up MWF wash to use as a prep?

Amalgam wrote: »
    Hard to explain, but.. it isn't a soap. A mutton like cream, you lather on it and it will provide a lather that will put many creams and soaps to shame.

Only decent tallow product out there, in my opinion.

Amalgam,
    You know your soap and Monsavon is a great performer, which explains its popularity in France, available in every little shop and big supermarket there. Apparently, it is owned by Sarah Lee, the American big food company.

Would you know where I could pick up MWF wash to use as a prep?

Ah go on so....PM me your address and I'll send them on :)

You won't regret it Fingers Mcginty, neither one thing or the other, bit of an odd product altogether. The only downside is, if you decide you'd like more, it is impossible to get at a sensible price outside of France.

Thanks Amalgam for the encouragement. How are you fixed for Monsavon? I have one more to spare and still have enough to last me a good while.

Thanks Amalgam for the encouragement. How are you fixed for Monsavon?

Cheers for the offer seosamh. I should be okay.. *cough* ;)

monsavontriangle.jpg

Wow, so many Monsavon or is it MesSavons? Good thing they don't expire.
    Amalgam wrote: »
    Cheers for the offer seosamh. I should be okay.. *cough* ;)

monsavontriangle.jpg

OK next up I have a Semogue 1305 boar brush that I recently bought on shaving.ie ...Haven't really used it that much as I prefer my old no name badger. It's in great nick and gets rave reviews everywhere!

• Advertisement

actually gonna hold on to it for a while...seems to work better with soaps.

Advertisement