Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch Alarm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Kevin! wrote: »
    mm, If I was replacing the alarm how much would it cost to replace the window sensors ect? about 13 windows and two doors. and then maybe a couple of IR, hall downstairs,kitchen and upstairs?

also, maybe three wireless smoke alarms connected to panel >> centre

cheers mate,

Kev

Hi kevin,
    is it a wireless or wired system, i persume its a old wired system and wires are already there. you can install it your self, the same as pw but not certified, : hkc panel/ge around anything €120-€160 .
    pir (honeywell standard) € 10 ish, better ones a bit more.
    Interia sensor (vibration): €8
    contact €1-2, Meteor electrical.co.uk have em for 40c less!
    smoke: €70 depends..
    The above is an average, you could get them cheaper. I havent a clue on wireless though.
    For an wirefree install anything could be €1000-€1500, duno, ask altor?
    Have a good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Tim M-U wrote: »
    Hi kevin,
    is it a wireless or wired system, i persume its a old wired system and wires are already there. you can install it your self, the same as pw but not certified, : hkc panel/ge around anything €120-€160 .
    pir (honeywell standard) € 10 ish, better ones a bit more.
    Interia sensor (vibration): €8
    contact €1-2, Meteor electrical.co.uk have em for 40c less!
    smoke: €70 depends..
    The above is an average, you could get them cheaper. I havent a clue on wireless though.
    For an wirefree install anything could be €1000-€1500, duno, ask altor?
    Have a good day!

Thanks tim for your estimations :)

Altor, would you be able to provide a quote for a wireless system?

cheers,

Kevin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 slutsagusslags

Hi Altor,

Unfortunately the previous owner didnt leave any instructions with the alarm. The code for the alarm appears to allow me into the options menus on the alarm panel though, I just cant work out how to switch it to standalone mode.

Any ideas?

The alarm is beeping every 5 mins, even if I could mute the alert I would be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

cheers,

Kevin.

that's no problem. altor installs alarms, his website is http://www.altor.ie , theres a price page which will estimate for you,
    have a good day!

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Kace

I downloaded the full instruction manual from this alarm at one stage which will probably help you with all the basics.

I either got it from the Phonewatch site, or the helpline passed it on to me - for the life of me I can't remember which.

• Advertisement

Hi Kace,

If you still have a copy could you PM me the URL or your email?

The beeping is becoming a pain! :eek:

Found a URL for the Alarm Panel....

http://www.marlincentral.com/alarm-manuals/466_1513d.pdf

Hoping for the best :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi Altor,

Unfortunately the previous owner didnt leave any instructions with the alarm. The code for the alarm appears to allow me into the options menus on the alarm panel though, I just cant work out how to switch it to standalone mode.

Any ideas?

The alarm is beeping every 5 mins, even if I could mute the alert I would be happy.

Without the engineer code there is no way of changing the setting you need changed. The user option menu is no good to you either. If you enter * then your user code can you post what it says..

cheers,

Kevin.

To be honest Kevin if your alarm only needs the DSL filter fitted then thats what you should do. If the alarm is not monitored anymore you could get them to take the phone numbers out of the alarm or if it is get them to change the time the alarm sends in signals to the monitoring station.

Wire free alarm system are very expensive compared to wired alarms so if the alarm is working or only has a minor issue with it like the DSL filter you should try getting them to install the broadband splitter to fix the situation.

altor wrote: »
    Hi Kace,

That is a concord panel. The panel has a dialer built in that can be programmed to dial your phone and emit a series of alarm tones. It will only contact one phone.

The external bell can also be added on to this alarm but a cable will need to be brought from the panel location to where you are putting the external bell.

All the above is possible to do but you will need engineer access to the alarm to change the settings for this to work. I will PM you details of how to get your engineer code off the alarm.

Altor - big thank you for the phone conversation and explaining how to navigate my system, allowing me to change the unit so that it now calls my mobile when the alarm is triggered !!

My vote of confidence and goodwill generated for any future alarm-based business that I may have for you in future.

• Advertisement

Kace wrote: »
    Altor - big thank you for the phone conversation and explaining how to navigate my system, allowing me to change the unit so that it now calls my mobile when the alarm is triggered !!

My vote of confidence and goodwill generated for any future alarm-based business that I may have for you in future.

Your welcome Kace,

Its all easy when you know how :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Donaldo

Hi there,

I too am suffering from the 'System Battery Alarm' message. Alarm is unmonitored and was installed 4 years ago. I am not sure how to open the control panel to access the battery, does it need a special key?

Picture attached

Thanks for any info.

photo.jpg

Donaldo wrote: »
    Hi there,

I too am suffering from the 'System Battery Alarm' message. Alarm is unmonitored and was installed 4 years ago. I am not sure how to open the control panel to access the battery, does it need a special key?

Picture attached

Thanks for any info.

photo.jpg

Hi Donaldo,

Where you released the front lid at the top of the panel you will need to stick a screwdriver in to access the battery. When you stick in the screwdriver you will be lifting the back cover up slightly to release the main cover. The battery you need is a BS-110N.

Any problems, let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Donaldo

Hi Donaldo,

Where you released the front lid at the top of the panel you will need to stick a screwdriver in to access the battery. When you stick in the screwdriver you will be lifting the back cover up slightly to release the main cover. The battery you need is a BS-110N.

Any problems, let us know.

Thats great Altor, much obliged for the help.

Donaldo wrote: »
    Thats great Altor, much obliged for the help.

Your welcome,

Always happy to help..

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kennyt

Hello Everyone / Altor :-)

I have a concord eircom phonewatch system which is unmonitored, i managed to change it to call my mobile and cancel the monitoring.

I did a sensor test on the system and can see that 3 of the window sensors are not being picked up when i test them. i assume this might be because of batteries (even though the system didn't warn me about low battery).

i am going to replace the batteries and see if it helps. i was wondering if you could send me instructions on how to enter engineer mode to avoid setting off the tamper? i *think i have the system code, however when i enter it in the system nothing happens? Is there anyway of checking if i have the right code?

Thanks for your help.

Kenny

kennyt wrote: »
    Hello Everyone / Altor :-)

I have a concord eircom phonewatch system which is unmonitored, i managed to change it to call my mobile and cancel the monitoring.

I did a sensor test on the system and can see that 3 of the window sensors are not being picked up when i test them. i assume this might be because of batteries (even though the system didn't warn me about low battery).

i am going to replace the batteries and see if it helps. i was wondering if you could send me instructions on how to enter engineer mode to avoid setting off the tamper? i *think i have the system code, however when i enter it in the system nothing happens? Is there anyway of checking if i have the right code?

Thanks for your help.

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

That is strange as the system should give you a warning of a low battery and tell you what sensor it is. When you take the lid off the sensor it should tamper the alarm and activate it but entering your user code will disarm the alarm. To test test the engineering, press 8 (enter the 5 digit code) then press 00.

Any problems let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kennyt

thanks for the reply.

i tested the system code, it didn't recognise it, so i must have the wrong code.
    is there a way to reset it or find out what it is?

if i tamper with the sensor is it possible to replace the battery and reset the system without the system code?

thanks for your help.
    kenny

Your welcome,

Yes, if you open the sensor the alarm will activate. Entering your code will turn the alarm off. I will send you info on how to get your engineer code by P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 alanhunt99

I have an eircom alarm and some time back an engineer changed my 0#7 function for arming silently to arming with a ringing sound for 30 secs.
    Eircom are telling me that 0#7 has to sound for 30 secs and it can't be changed to alarm silently. I don't believe them and was wondering if anyone has done this or can shed any light on this for me

Tks

• Advertisement

alanhunt99 wrote: »
    I have an eircom alarm and some time back an engineer changed my 0#7 function for arming silently to arming with a ringing sound for 30 secs.
    Eircom are telling me that 0#7 has to sound for 30 secs and it can't be changed to alarm silently. I don't believe them and was wondering if anyone has done this or can shed any light on this for me

Tks

If it is beeping for the 30 seconds i would say he activated the entry/exit on the part set. Meaning you can part set the alarm and leave through an entry/exit point e.g. your front door. He should of set part set B 0#8 without the entry/exit. You can get it changed.

Any Idea on how to change it? Do I need an engineering code to access the menu. They wont call out cause they said it was always like that. Eircom are impossible to deal with and I feel like cancelling it. You would think that this was a simple process

Any Idea on how to change it? Do I need an engineering code to access the menu. They wont call out cause they said it was always like that. Eircom are impossible to deal with and I feel like cancelling it. You would think that this was a simple process

It is simple to do. It would have had to be changed by an engineer for it to work like that. You do need engineer access to the panel but i will P.M. with info how to get this code. All you have to do is enter the engineer code, go to the system options menu, press yes, go to partguard options menu, press yes, partguard A exit time, change to no. I cant believe they would not even talk you through changing this setting over the phone.

You're a legend. Ill give it a try.
    I knew eircom were a pack of liars.
    I owe you one

You're a legend. Ill give it a try.
    I knew eircom were a pack of liars.
    I owe you one

Easy when you know how :D
    Any problems, let me know. Always happy to help.

Not sure if you have the same Phonewatch Alarm panel as me, but mine can be silenced simply by entering '5' before your normal command.

For example, to arm the system to 'Away' I normally jsut press '3' and then I get 30 seconds of beeps.

By pressing '5' then '3' the alarm is armed silently. Same for disarming.

Kace wrote: »
    Not sure if you have the same Phonewatch Alarm panel as me, but mine can be silenced simply by entering '5' before your normal command.

For example, to arm the system to 'Away' I normally jsut press '3' and then I get 30 seconds of beeps.

By pressing '5' then '3' the alarm is armed silently. Same for disarming.

Its a different type of alarm you have. Your is wire free his is wired ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Am trying to get through to Phonewatch but find both their customer support and sales lines give no answer (as per the number on the website) - anyone else having a similar problem?

P.

oceanclub wrote: »
    Am trying to get through to Phonewatch but find both their customer support and sales lines give no answer (as per the number on the website) - anyone else having a similar problem?

P.

The best number to ring is 1850 753 753, press 0 when you hear the recording :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

The best number to ring is 1850 753 753, press 0 when you hear the recording :D

Cheers. I just rang. Let me vent about these ****ing eejits.

2 weeks ago I rang them to ask for the engineer code for my alarm. They said that I needed to put the request in writing, which I did and sent it. After not having heard back, I tried to get through (with no luck, as the phone numbers on their site don't work). Using the number Altor gave got me through.

Guess what? Even after sending in the letter, they still can't give me the code. Instead, an engineer must come out, and I must pay €90 for it.

How comes every time I have to deal with Eircom or a subsidiary, I'm reduced to rage?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=171929
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=185721

P.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement