Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it Now?

Options
1454647484951»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Jeez I just realized there's lads out there tapering and booze-free for goal marathons; probably shouldn't go on about the hooch so much....

Any children reading this, those Goal Marathoners (like Krusty) have sacrificed an awful lot to achieve their dreams, so abstaining from alcohol for weeks for those vital marathon seconds, IS SO WORTH IT. I've never gone under 3 hours, but tonight I've had two pints of cool IPO beer, followed by a nice red Syrah, and I feel great, top of the world, A1, stop the lights Bunny. Sure, on the surface that looks cool, (plus I'll probably get laid tonight), but the marathon message is "Boozers are Loozers".:)
    Bar-steward. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Hey DPop,

I was looking through an old thread last night and noticed the "Closed Account" under you username.

Have the goody baggers finally done you in or is it an administrative error?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

dev123 wrote: »
    Hey DPop,

I was looking through an old thread last night and noticed the "Closed Account" under you username.

Have the goody baggers finally done you in or is it an administrative error?

If it's closed he can't answer. :pac:

But yeah, wtf? :confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Well, thats a bummer. I know accounts close for all kinds of reasons but I hope this is not because of any big issue and only a glitch. Fingers xd pop will be back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Well this is gonna suck. I know he had holiday plans, so maybe he just put a "hold" on his account until he returns? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

D'pop has left the building. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

:(

afaik closed accounts can't be reopened.

I feel like I've lost a friend. :( Should we consider funeral services for his account? Maybe a little eulogy from his closest friends....and a top-class wake in his honor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Wtf? I was out hill running yesterday and I was unsure of the best approach to the downhill sections. I thought of donothop and was happy to know I could come on here and get his advice. Now what will I do??:(:(

• Advertisement

It was too sudden. He was too young to leave us like this. I'm sure he is gone on to a better place and we can only console ourselves that he is at peace!

But seriously. When this stuff happens, its not nice tis like a friend just disappears. And ya worry about the fecker too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Ok what's going on here? I just noticed -amadeus- account is closed too!

Did he go by amadeus too? Gosh, I barely knew him......

Dammit!! Doesn't he know I'm going through taper madness???!!!

Amadeus is another long term poster (and damn nice guy) who has also left us it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Something fishy going on behind the scenes it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

D'pop has left the building. :(

I blame Krusty:
    The reality is that if you don't like the red-tape on boards, there is nothing to stop anyone from installing the freely available phpBB software and setting up your own independent forum, with your own rules and your own moderators. Boards is not some kind of open community forum, even if the perception is there. It's a commercial enterprise, with paid employees, revenue targets and all of the wonderful bureaucracy that comes with it.

If you want to go play in somebody else's sandbox, you have to be prepared to play by their rules or else get busy building your own sandbox, where you can rule over all your minions with an iron fist. smile.gif

Am I too much of a conspiratorist, or is that the sound of sandbox building I hear?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

wtf happend to dnp? Very nice guy. Hope he is ok.

P.S. A lot of pacer wannabes are going to be very unhappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Donelson

:(:(

REWARD, IF FOUND
    One bald Irish lad who has a preference for wearing tights and dancing down hills.
    He was last seen guzzling pints of cool IPO beer and a nice red Syrah, mumbling something about "Boozers are Loozers."
    He may be armed with wit and snappy remarks, but he's no more dangerous than a cute puppy.
    If found, please contact this site as his boards family misses him very much.
    (I really hope this is dpop in this photo.....)
    33526.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Thats him alright, before he found his way to the dark side of swimming and cycling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

He'll never make it in tri, with that gear...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Izoard wrote: »
    He'll never make it in tri, with that gear...

Sure they're not even oakleys!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Coincidence that DP and amadeus have both expressed interest recently in moving to the dark side? Are the runners on here kidnapping new to tri enthusiasts and locking them up to beat their dark thoughts out of them?:eek:

Coincidence that DP and amadeus have both expressed interest recently in moving to the dark side? Are the runners on here kidnapping new to tri enthusiasts and locking them up to beat their dark thoughts out of them?:eek:
    Now that you know our secret youre next. Mwahahaha

Oryx wrote: »
    Now that you know our secret youre next. Mwahahaha

(pssst...I think you have that backwards.....;))

Dory Dory wrote: »
    (pssst...I think you have that backwards.....;))
    She disappears? You won't know which side to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Advertisement