Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: The Savage Eye

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

malene wrote: »
    who were the 2 models on the show last night, wow!

The fur coat bit was quite amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I honestly dont know how he gets away with the stuff he says, even with the disclaimer that it's by his "backward character" Mick The Bull... Yer wan on Newstalk's Victim Village was giving out yards about the portrayal of transexuals on RTE's recent comedy show.. The Centre.. I'm shocked she hasnt picketed RTE studios over The Savage Eye..
    he's playing the part of a woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Love The Savage Eye but a bit disappointed with last night's episode. Hector and Mick are by far the funniest characters. Don't really find the Daniel Day Lewis sketch all that great.

Delighted he brought the Blathnaid Ní Chofaigh sketch back though, probably the funniest sketch on Monday's show.

was a bit poor this week. hoping for better next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I honestly dont know how he gets away with the stuff he says, even with the disclaimer that it's by his "backward character" Mick The Bull... Yer wan on Newstalk's Victim Village was giving out yards about the portrayal of transexuals on RTE's recent comedy show.. The Centre.. I'm shocked she hasnt picketed RTE studios over The Savage Eye..

Because the Bull Mick is a grotesque character who we're laughing at. He's putting out these ridiculous view points, their ridiculousness highlights how out of touch he is..

In the Centre the 'normal' characters on the show were merely mocking the trans character.

It's all about context.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Yeah, wasn't great this week at all. The other 2 weeks started well but fell off towards the end.
    But happy its back.
    Funnily enough i do see him and Jen Maguire around the barge alot. Not together of course....
    Thats my celeb spot story for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

There a couple of clips on youtube that weren't used like this one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

This is woeful stuff. Running out of ideas I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

He's clearly aping Chris Morris.
    But doing it badly tbh.
    I suppose there's worse things on telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

This season has been a bit hit and miss but tonight was absolutely awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Glebee

Disappointing tonight after a bright start to the season. Strange topic as well.

He's clearly aping Chris Morris.
    But doing it badly tbh.
    I suppose there's worse things on telly.
    there's was an article on the journal about bad drugs and i actually laughed when i read the comments....probably the first 50 comments were all Chris Morris "cake" references!

the last two episodes have been poor. As someone said maybe they are running out of ideas. The whole reason 1. the church etc. thing worked very well in the past but is not really working anymore - for me anyways.

Glebee wrote: »
    Strange topic as well.

This. It just didn't fit into his usual sketches. The Cavan men and the Bull Mick just didn't flow as naturally as they usually do. The Hector sketches had an air of desperation about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

That was probably the worst episode of the Savage Eye so far, really poor. Last weeks wasn't great either. Loved the 1st 2 of this series, so hope he hasn't run out of ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

The bit with the Irish train to Jupiter was good(change at limerick junction for Ganymede) , and the alien and pat kenny lol, the garda sketches are shiite

The British pathe one on the Irish space program was a parody of this I think
    "wrong way paddy "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,102 ✭✭✭batistuta9

a bit hit & miss yeah, though hasn't it always been like that?
    still probably the best irish show going however

the junkie at the start was good, he had a dig at dara o'briain too which was quite funny

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Morgans

Big fan of the last couple of season, but this season has been one too far. Not remotely as intelligent this year. Hope he gets the mojo back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

I reckon McSavage is running out of obvious topics to lampoon at this stage, hence giving the subject of space a crack.

Thought it was alright.The sergeant explaining ''gravy tea'' to the student guards,the Cavan lads who walked to Belturbet and the little dig at Dara O'Briain were good.

Not a huge fan of the emotional builder stuff,and was weird seeing Don Wycherley in the (pretty bad) god/Rain Man sketch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Weird episode but still got a few laughs out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

He knows himself that he's running out of ideas, he said so in an interview there a few weeks back.

Still miles better than that Republic of Telly ****e though.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

Personally, I think he should drop the Mary Robinson sketches. Haven't been funny in an age.
    The new character, yer wan in the leathers with the red hair is terrible.
    Pat Kenny gags aren't funny either.

This weeks episode was brutal. Hardly a chuckle in it.

Pat Kenny jokes are obsolete as he's not on tv
    THe gardai jokes are not funny anymore
    the two boys from cavan are generally not great

there is some great satire though in between...and i think mcsavage is basically telling us he's out of ideas!! "how will the irish cope in space" ha ha

(God was hilarious)

The new character, yer wan in the leathers with the red hair is terrible.

This weeks episode was brutal. Hardly a chuckle in it.

That's supposed to be rihanna!

I think too many of his sketches are out-dated. I'd love to see him do a Tubridy sketch or a Michael D sketch.

Also, more Richie Kavanagh. That was hilarious.

thelad95 wrote: »
    I think too many of his sketches are out-dated. I'd love to see him do a Tubridy sketch or a Michael D sketch.

Also, more Richie Kavanagh. That was hilarious.

Turdity is his first cousin. There is probably a "don't go there" agreement!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

glasso wrote: »
    That's supposed to be rihanna!

It's supposed to be funny too, so that's a double fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Nearly every skit was top notch tonight. Good return to form.

The stand up dying was funny, the Best Mick the Bull segment this series and I loved the priest's eulogy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Though it was ok tonight, that Bull Mick Quare Test was brilliant though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

I thought tonight was excellent. Some classics.

Advertisement