Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Talent Show 2010!! WTH Blaithnaid?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

He did very well.

Also, plus points for digging out such a new song and making it his own very early on. It'll be another big Jason Mraz hit that's going to be done again and again by singers in comps like this and wherever else, so fantastic stuff for sitting on it early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    He did very well.

Also, plus points for digging out such a new song and making it his own very early on. It'll be another big Jason Mraz hit that's going to be done again and again by singers in comps like this and wherever else, so fantastic stuff for sitting on it early.

That song's been out for months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

i couldn't hear his guitar once through that performance...:eek::eek:

Neither could I, he wasn't playing it for a lot of the song.
    It was a much better performance than the last one though.
    He has a great voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Magenta wrote: »
    Neither could I, he wasn't playing it for a lot of the song.
    It was a much better performance than the last one though.
    He has a great voice.

But my point is why have the guitar at all if you cant hear it over his backing track??

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

But my point is why have the guitar at all if you cant hear it over his backing track??

I know, they've been doing that on these kind of shows for years, I especially remember Micky Harte on your a star used to always 'play' the guitar during the shows.

think it may be because those who usually play while performing feel more comfortable with it.

You cant hear the guitar in the studio either.

Tough comp tonight though, cant call it at all. Dont think the gymnastics will get through, camera work did them no favours.

Im backing ben obviously though ;)

• Advertisement

I have to say I'm not a huge fan of Olwyn Murray.
    She is a great singer but her songs are too old for her, she's only about 16.

Yeah I know.
    If you look at last week's show again, he had no guitar and his hands were sort of... you could tell he was used to singing with the guitar in his hands.
    He might have had the guitar tonight just because he's more comfortable with it. Either way it was a much better performance than last week.

Magenta wrote: »
    Yeah I know.
    If you look at last week's show again, he had no guitar and his hands were sort of... you could tell he was used to singing with the guitar in his hands.
    He might have had the guitar tonight just because he's more comfortable with it. Either way it was a much better performance than last week.

Funny thing is, last time he had the guitar in rehearsals, but decided 20mins before he went on to ditch it......... clearly proves that the guitar is not actually plugged it as it would be missing from the backing music if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Thought ben wouldn't get through for a second there. *phew* Alls well in county clare anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

who got through tonight?

ben, olwyn, and the little girl from the north.

Shocked David lofts didnt get through, he deserved to, hopefully he'll get a record contract out of it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

Am gutted for David that he didn't get through.:( I voted for him several times as I think he's really talented and oozes star quality.Sooo much better than Olwyn Murray who's only average.But she probably has a great voting campaign going like many of those acts from the west.For that reason one of them will probably win it. Delighted for Ben and Chloe though and will be rooting for them and Na Fianna next week.It will be a poorer final without David though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

olwyn is a good singer i think, i come from a neighbouring town to her....who wants my autograph?!?! :cool::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,828 ✭✭✭acequion

She's only average.Way better talent around.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 kareena

Hi, I hope you enjoyed the show last night.

Obviously, I'm gutted for David Lofts. He did us proud. A big thank you for each and every vote that David got throughout the whole competition. He wouldn't have gotten as far without you all.

Best of luck to all of the other contestants.

kareena wrote: »
    Hi, I hope you enjoyed the show last night.

Obviously, I'm gutted for David Lofts. He did us proud. A big thank you for each and every vote that David got throughout the whole competition. He wouldn't have gotten as far without you all.

Best of luck to all of the other contestants.

You should get him to record a demo CD and send it to record companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

mink_man wrote: »
    olwyn is a good singer i think, i come from a neighbouring town to her....who wants my autograph?!?! :cool::pac:

You think she can sing ? ever hear her on the low notes ? awful, just awful.

yer man Lofts should have gone through but couldnt vote for any of Blatneids acts as shes such a bint.

Luis21 wrote: »
    yer man Lofts should have gone through but couldnt vote for any of Blatneids acts as shes such a bint.

I think this might have been a factor, people didn't want Blathnaid to win, I ****ing hate her too.
    I think another problem that David Lofts had is that, because he got such a good score from the judges, people just assumed that he would get loads of votes from everyone else in the country and so wouldn't need theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

I lost all interest in the show when Re-Seisiun were knocked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lauramay

:confused:what happened on the all ireland talent show david didnt get true absolutely gutted 4 him:(x

David should have got through instead of that olywyn one imo. But that's the name of the game...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mr blip

here here well said happy

yeah he would have done soccymonsterif o2 hadnt gone down for 40 mins

Yeah, we (David's family) had loads of people telling us since Sunday that they couldn't vote for David due to the networks being down. They were genuine complaints too, but we didn't want to say anything as people would just say we were sore losers. Pity tho, it seems that alot of Wicklow couldn't vote for David last week. Would love to know what the votes were like, i.e. if it was obvious that there was a problem?

should be called all ireland NO talent show now that david lofts is out:mad:

ha ha! Love it Mr. Blip! Obviously a fan! Any takers for tomorrow night then? It'll be wierd watching it from home and not the studio! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 lauramay

kareena wrote: »
    ha ha! Love it Mr. Blip! Obviously a fan! Any takers for tomorrow night then? It'll be wierd watching it from home and not the studio! :(

im soo mad david is gone out of it that im nt going watching it he really deserved it!i was in da comp but david should of won!:(

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭bored and fussy

lauramay wrote: »
    im soo mad david is gone out of it that im nt going watching it he really deserved it!i was in da comp but david should of won!:(

x

i was sorry david didnt get through but i certainly believe a lot of people didnt want blathnaid coffey to win so i feel sorry for david

i cant stand her either what did she ever do to sit and judge anyone she hasnt a clue about music i heard her saying several times a contestant was in tune when they certainly were not
    she should stick to what she does best,, oh god no she shouldnt didnt she get the boot for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ciara lofts

Ok, just for you I'm going to watch one on RTEplayer....I'll report back soon.
    good for you there is talent on the show just the veiwers arent keeping the best ones in maybe they are better off ....there the ones who do well in there careers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ciara lofts

i was sorry david didnt get through but i certainly believe a lot of people didnt want blathnaid coffey to win so i feel sorry for david

i cant stand her either what did she ever do to sit and judge anyone she hasnt a clue about music i heard her saying several times a contestant was in tune when they certainly were not
    she should stick to what she does best,, oh god no she shouldnt didnt she get the boot for that.

david has by far been the best talent on the show but hey dont worry he hasnt gone too far ..............he'll be back lol

• Advertisement

Ok lads, david was good but tbf, there is alot of decent talent in the final. Can't forget about all the hard work they put in like....

Advertisement