Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Talent Show 2010!! WTH Blaithnaid?

Options
  • 23-11-2009 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

OK, now was it just me or did Meg from last nights All Ireland Talent Show not COMPLETELY deserve to go through over that Paul guy?

I could NOT believe my ears and eyes when Blath chose him over her. What is she at? Meg (and Callum for that matter)in my opinion were excellent and so ready to be representing Ireland on a live show such as this. It would have been great exposure for someone like her, someone young and someone who could have a real future in music.

It baffles me!

Anyone else think it was a tad silly?

By the way, Paul was good, he could definitely hold a tune. It just angers me to see young talent being discouraged and turned away from stuff like this.

Bring back Meg!!!

Anyone agree?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MAB83

Hi Meg's Dad/Uncle/Friend :P

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Jesus has this started again? I've seen no promos for it. Not that I'd watch it but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

The hot guitarist david (i think thats his name) got through so I'm a happy camper :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

mrgleeba wrote: »
    OK, now was it just me or did Meg from last nights All Ireland Talent Show not COMPLETELY deserve to go through over that Paul guy?

I haven't seen this show yet (going to watch it on the RTE Player tomorrow), but from what i've seen of Blathnaid on other shows, she seems to have a real issue with other women, whether it's jealousy or snobbery, I don't know what. So if this was her choosing between two contestants, a male and a female, i'm unsurprised she picked the man!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

This show is so bad it makes me want to be English. What the hell is Barry from fair city doing in it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

eth0_ wrote: »
    from what i've seen of Blathnaid on other shows, she seems to have a real issue with other women, whether it's jealousy or snobbery,

She is just a clueless tit, that is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Ah hahahahahahaha
    "This...is the all Ireland Talent show".

This...is absolutely appalling television.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mrgleeba

God it's bad isn't it? Oh dear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

mrgleeba wrote: »
    God it's bad isn't it? Oh dear!
    You're damn right it is, low budget rip off of Britains Got Talent, XFactor etc. with even less talented contestants and such raw, unchained judges of talent as "That lad from Fair City", "Dusty the bin man from Coronation Street", "That bird with the show where she bullied her co-presenters" and finally "That lad who had a band out the west before, true rocker".

It's as though RTE are actually trying to take the piss with the licence fee money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Actually this travesty is Irelands version of the Got Talent franchise. No folks, I kid you not. I THINK it was dropped and RTE continued it, but the first series was part of the Got Talent franchise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

this is without the greatest heap of sh1te on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Bono Vox wrote: »
    but the first series was part of the Got Talent franchise.

Only on boards!

From what I saw of Blaithnaid, she pick all the wrong people.

Too many interludes not enough talent (which is generally the case with these types of shows).

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Without doubt ireland does have talent!!!! Tons of it !! And a lot of it as yet un-discovered.

But, have you ever came across such crap as the latest so called show of talent shown last night on Rte

Daithi whats his name comes across as a complete f...n eejit who has no clue about talent anyway --who in their right mind would pick a judge who made the decision that he did last night to pick them clowns from Sligo== who have not a single ounce of talent in their bodies--and then vote off the giorls singer from Athlone .. She was the ONLY decent singer on the whole programme !!!!

When she auditioned i heard him say to her --you could even go all the way.
    And then when it came to the decision on who to keep he goes and puts her out???
    What kind of a Fool is he??

believe me, there was VERY Little talent kept in the show in my opinion.

Rb wrote: »
    Ah hahahahahahaha
    "This...is the all Ireland Talent show".

This...is absolutely appalling television.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 happy 1602

to all the people there who have nothing better to do than come on here and insult and complain the show and everyone who was brave enough to audition for it,watch the live shows then make whatever judgements you need to make....

it can't be easy to stand up in front of three judges and loads of cameras,and try to sing your best,and try not to be nervous..and at the end of the day its all just a bit of craic too,and should be enjoyed as such..

maybe some people who ye feel didnt deserve to get through DID get through,but there was talent in there too..some good singers,dancers etc...

so stop hating!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

happy 1602 wrote: »
    to all the people there who have nothing better to do than come on here and insult and complain the show and everyone who was brave enough to audition for it,watch the live shows then make whatever judgements you need to make....

it can't be easy to stand up in front of three judges and loads of cameras,and try to sing your best,and try not to be nervous..and at the end of the day its all just a bit of craic too,and should be enjoyed as such..

maybe some people who ye feel didnt deserve to get through DID get through,but there was talent in there too..some good singers,dancers etc...

so stop hating!!!!

Ok, just for you I'm going to watch one on RTEplayer....I'll report back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

happy 1602 wrote: »

I have watched 2 episodes of this and it's absolutely woeful.

I agree with you. It must be difficult to stand in front of people with TV cameras around.

From the two programs I've seen that Blaithnaid woman, or whatever her name is, let at least 2 sh*t acts through and sent away half a dozen decent ones.
    so stop hating!!!!

It's an opinion based show so in my opinion, it's typical RTE car crash TV.

It's just extremely terrible and what is the point in having 3 "judges" there when only one of them makes the final call. It's a bit of a joke really.

If they actually got decent judges who know a lot about the music industry then it might be ok, but for people who auditioned and are getting criticised by has beens who are not prominent in the music industry is embarrassing and laughable really.

Problem with most of these types of shows is we are left with either stpidity of contestants, contestants who have had a "hard life", judges criticizing contestants and finally very quick snippets of "talent". Which leaves very little room for any time for the view to see real talent.

Oh and also presenters telling you whats coming up after the break and presenters coming back from the break telling you what was just on before the break. and also judges looking into the camera and a run down of their choices looking into the camera.

All of this on any of these types of shows leaves little room for the audience to see actual auditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

This show is ****e. I remember seein a bit of it last year and they always favour little 7 year olds who can do something over actual talented people. I wish people would stop watching this ****e so money could be spent on something proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sh1tin-a-brick

I haven't been folowing properly, are that band from the East that auditioned with the cover of Starlight by MUSE still in it? I want to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

joe123 wrote: »
    This show is ****e. I remember seein a bit of it last year and they always favour little 7 year olds who can do something over actual talented people. I wish people would stop watching this ****e so money could be spent on something proper.

That girl that was on it earlier was a complete joke, I don't care if she's only 7, I want some real talent!

Remember "Dublin Girl" last year :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Think Re-Seisiun deserve the vote tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Definitely. Can't believe that girl got the highest score from the judges though, wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Black Magic

It's a joke.

Dana - "I don't give points for cuteness". Yet she gives the baby girl a 9 or something.
    Blaithnaid - "You were in tune". No she wasn't. If it was someone older you'd tell them the truth. Quit pussyfooting around babies for god sake.

These children can't sing so why are they saying they are good?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

If this had been on 30 years ago & Dana had to choose between U2 & a 7 year old screeching 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star', you just know she would have gone for the kid. "Yez just need a wee bit more practice, lads."

They were brilliant and unfortunately i only caught half their set

If theres any justice they will be winners --but --Hey----Its RTE after all so.....

Elmo wrote: »
    Only on boards!

From what I saw of Blaithnaid, she pick all the wrong people.

Too many interludes not enough talent (which is generally the case with these types of shows).

Did anyone hear her comment tonight Ahh sure ya gave it SOCKS---Jasus, what an air head !!! Trying to be cool !!!!! She has no clue about talent!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 suzie999

I haven't been folowing properly, are that band from the East that auditioned with the cover of Starlight by MUSE still in it? I want to see them again.

They are back on the live show on the 17th of January. :)

The major problem with this show (and I said it last year) is the number acts pushed through and the acts they are up against.

One week you could have 5 excellent acts and the next 5 useless ones which means that 1 useless one will get through.

Weather it is boards or just me I seem to be noticing the quick zoom into the face of the contestants as they go on stage, very naff. It is like the camera person is about to head but them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Its kinda hard where to start with this show. I think the contestents are not the best but are streets ahead of the shows other faults.

Lets start with the host. Shes a newsreader, nothing more, nothing less, a newsreader. Why does she think she is a Talent Show host ? Shes has the personality of a dead horse. Her timing is awful and her inability to move she mouth is just downright freaky. Before each ad break she'll tell you whats coming up and when we return she'll tell you what just went. Brilliant. The pausing for the DEN DEN DEN sound bites ... hilarious. The rushing of the judges for an answer just for effect is also hilarious.

Next, the judges. Ahhh the judges.
    John Creedon : A DJ from Cork, a DJ, not someone you would want to pick out talent. Play a few records and have a chat John, its what youre good at.
    Bláthnaid Ní Chofaigh : A TV presenter best known for getting the boot from the Afternoon show for ...... well lets not get into that. She has set her sights on becoming the most annoying woman on TV and is very near getting there (Sorry Davina MCCall). She hasn't no clue whatsoever what she is doing.
    Dáithí Ó Sé : A Weatherman who speaks Irish. A talent spotter ? Eh no. He had the winners last year .... who were they again ? where are they now ? Just tell us if its gonna snow tomorrow you muppet.
    Dana and Shane Lynch : I'll let them off as at least they know the business unlike the other 3 muppets.

The voting. Nonsense. The bigging up of their acts. Nonsense and annoying. The weatherman telling everyone they'd be in stiches laughing at his act when it was as funny as a kick in the nads.

The production : AWFUL. Camerawork all over the place, sound failing, etc. A disaster.

RTE should be shot for putting this rubbish on our screens. The reason for the high viewing figures is to see just how bad a TV programme can be.

• Advertisement

BolBill wrote: »
    Lets start with the host. Shes a newsreader, nothing more, nothing less, a newsreader. Why does she think she is a Talent Show host ? Shes has the personality of a dead horse. Her timing is awful and her inability to move she mouth is just downright freaky. Before each ad break she'll tell you whats coming up and when we return she'll tell you what just went. Brilliant. The pausing for the DEN DEN DEN sound bites ... hilarious. The rushing of the judges for an answer just for effect is also hilarious.

I like Grainne Seoige TBH. However I agree that the whole ad break thing but that is a major part of any of these reality Talent shows.

Introduce Judges
    Take a look a last weeks show
    Take a Break let us know what coming up after the break
    Return from break let us know what happened before the break
    Take an act
    Read phone number for you to vote on act
    Take judges comments
    Take next act
    Take judges comments
    Take an act
    Take judges comments
    Take an act
    Take judges comments
    Bring all acts out on stage
    Reread the phone numbers for all acts
    Take final judges comments
    Reread the phone numbers
    Tell viewers to tune in to extra programme on sister channel
    Will be back after something see you then
    Role credits

In reality all this reading can only be done by a newsreader.

Advertisement